REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tossing my thumbs up to the AllInOnWinePump.

I bought mine a month or more ago before your price increase. Finally got to use it this weekend when I was racking a 6 Gallon batch of a White Coconut Frascati and a 1 Gallon Batch of Blueberry Pom.

Worked like a charm! *cough* Once I put the right wand and plug in the right carboys *cough*

Degassed the big batch with something like 3 or 4 transfers (I knew it had a lot).

Just twice on the 1 gallon.

There was nothing I saw where you couldn't do a 1 gallon batch with it so I was cautious and seemed to perform just fine.

The only thing I might question Steve on was a small nut, about 1/8" in diameter was in the bottom of the shipping box. Couldn't see where it might go to anything and haven't tried looking inside the box yet.

But everything worked great and definitely made Degassing and Racking a breeze so two big thumbs up from me.

Just tossing my thumbs up to the AllInOnWinePump.

I bought mine a month or more ago before your price increase. Finally got to use it this weekend when I was racking a 6 Gallon batch of a White Coconut Frascati and a 1 Gallon Batch of Blueberry Pom.

Worked like a charm! *cough* Once I put the right wand and plug in the right carboys *cough*

Degassed the big batch with something like 3 or 4 transfers (I knew it had a lot).

Just twice on the 1 gallon.

There was nothing I saw where you couldn't do a 1 gallon batch with it so I was cautious and seemed to perform just fine.

The only thing I might question Steve on was a small nut, about 1/8" in diameter was in the bottom of the shipping box. Couldn't see where it might go to anything and haven't tried looking inside the box yet.

But everything worked great and definitely made Degassing and Racking a breeze so two big thumbs up from me.

I am glad you had a good experience with the pump - if you start from the beginning using the pump you wont have to transfer as many times as yo needed. You use it every time you need to transfer and it will pull out the CO2 evenly over the course of about 3-4 transfers - typically when you are about to add your clarifiers.

The nut - well I am not sure ??
So if I find a small bolt without a nut - I know who to call

I bought an Allinonewinepump about a month or two ago. I purposefully did not review it right away to use it as much as possible before doing this review.

Since receiving the pump, I have used it to rack about 10 times and bottle 2 kits. With the pump, racking is significantly faster and easier because of the speed at which fluid is pumped and since you don't have to lift the carboys. I really like how you never have to worry that the siphon will quit on you, you can always suck the last drop of wine at the bottom of the carboy.

Bottling is also faster, but it takes getting used to since the technique is completely different from regular bottling. By the second kit, I was able to simultaneously bottle and cork the wine in about 20 minutes (+ washing).

I really like how it degasses my wine. I had big problems with degassing previously and could never get all the CO2 out. Now a few vacuum rackings take care of this.

Steve was super helpful and made purchase a breeze.

A note for Canadian buyers: prepare to get reamed by Customs and taxes. All in, an extra 100$ over the listed price was added to my cost. I am not deducing points for this as it is outside Steve's control.

Pros:
-Faster racking
-No lifting carboys
-Degassing while racking
-Faster bottling
-No stuck siphon

Cons:
-Release Valve made out of non food grade metal and contains lead and other chemicals*
-Bottling stopper diameter ever so slightly over sized. Would have been easier if 1/32 - 1/16 of an inch smaller

Overall: I am very happy with my purchase as it makes my wine making a whole lot easier. I would have given it a much higher score if the toxic metal valve was addressed. As it is, there is no mention of this in the instructions that I could see. To be clear, the valve is between the filling vessel and the overflow bottle. Anything that goes in the overflow bottle goes through the valve.

With a typical bottling, you get 1/3 to 1/2 bottle of wine in the overflow. Now, I did not take any chances and threw the wine out but it would be nice to know if the chemicals are leaching in the wine.

Score: 90/100

I am glad you had a good experience with the pump - if you start from the beginning using the pump you wont have to transfer as many times as yo needed. You use it every time you need to transfer and it will pull out the CO2 evenly over the course of about 3-4 transfers - typically when you are about to add your clarifiers.

The nut - well I am not sure ??
So if I find a small bolt without a nut - I know who to call

Steve, I know you're nuts and I like you that way, so don't lose to many of them, or be giving them away. Just saying.......

I bought an Allinonewinepump about a month or two ago. I purposefully did not review it right away to use it as much as possible before doing this review.

Since receiving the pump, I have used it to rack about 10 times and bottle 2 kits. With the pump, racking is significantly faster and easier because of the speed at which fluid is pumped and since you don't have to lift the carboys. I really like how you never have to worry that the siphon will quit on you, you can always suck the last drop of wine at the bottom of the carboy.

Bottling is also faster, but it takes getting used to since the technique is completely different from regular bottling. By the second kit, I was able to simultaneously bottle and cork the wine in about 20 minutes (+ washing).

I really like how it degasses my wine. I had big problems with degassing previously and could never get all the CO2 out. Now a few vacuum rackings take care of this.

Steve was super helpful and made purchase a breeze.

A note for Canadian buyers: prepare to get reamed by Customs and taxes. All in, an extra 100$ over the listed price was added to my cost. I am not deducing points for this as it is outside Steve's control.

Pros:
-Faster racking
-No lifting carboys
-Degassing while racking
-Faster bottling
-No stuck siphon

Cons:
-Release Valve made out of non food grade metal and contains lead and other chemicals*
-Bottling stopper diameter ever so slightly over sized. Would have been easier if 1/32 - 1/16 of an inch smaller

Overall: I am very happy with my purchase as it makes my wine making a whole lot easier. I would have given it a much higher score if the toxic metal valve was addressed. As it is, there is no mention of this in the instructions that I could see. To be clear, the valve is between the filling vessel and the overflow bottle. Anything that goes in the overflow bottle goes through the valve.

With a typical bottling, you get 1/3 to 1/2 bottle of wine in the overflow. Now, I did not take any chances and threw the wine out but it would be nice to know if the chemicals are leaching in the wine.

Score: 90/100

Thanks LeChat
I just want to inform everyone with Canadian sales I always USPS (cheapest) and I alway let the buyer know prior to purchase- typically 30 additional dollars (my cost ).

As for the vacuum release I left the safety notice on the valve as it states (only in the state of California ), the vacuum release never comes in contact with the wine unless the overflow bottle like you described. If you would like PM me your phone # and I am sure I can give you some pointers on how only to get about 1-2 tablespoons of wine in the overflow bottle after bottling 30 bottles. It just takes a little time and experience.

I had a couple of bottles where I had the palm of my hand over the output port of the vacuum release. Since it was blocked all the wine went through to the overflow. It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what was going on. Still only had a couple fingers of wine in the overflow. But if you pay attention, yeah, pretty much no or very little wine goes through the release.

I use the release valve to slow the flow down, I've never had more than a fraction of the overflow bottle filled, even after bottling 6 -8 cases of wine.

As far as the rubber 2hole stopper being a hare too large in diameter for the neck of the bottles, I simply sanded the bottom edge with 220 grit sandpaper. That made the stopper slide into the bottle much easier and allowed to pull it's vacuum faster. A very simple fix. Roy

As far as the rubber 2hole stopper being a hare too large in diameter for the neck of the bottles, I simply sanded the bottom edge with 220 grit sandpaper. That made the stopper slide into the bottle much easier and allowed to pull it's vacuum faster. A very simple fix. Roy

That's a good point, I will have to try it on mine. I hadn't thought of sanding as a solution....

:hug

Great Product - Great Service

I think I may have been one of the early adopters of Steve's product, as I bought my All in One at the end of 2011, and I have to say it is by far the best accessory that I have.

Last week I was using it to bottle 12 gallons and it seemed the vacuum release valve was sticking - causing it to leak. I had to pull on the button, or cover the relief hole, to get it to pull a vacuum. As indicated in previous threads, the spring was starting to stick and needed to be replaced. I emailed Steve (this was on the holiday mind you) I received a response in about 20 minutes!!

Needless to say, my order was placed and a new valve, a replacement spring for the old one, and a film degassing attachment (great alternative to the cut down racking cane) were ordered and on their way.

There are a lot of good products out there, but to find a product that performes as well or better than advertised, and comes with the exceptional customer service and support that Steve provides, is truly the exception today. Thanks Steve

As I've said earlier, this pump has made my "wine time" much more enjoyable.

The only suggestion I passed on to Steve was that I thought the on/off switch should be further down the cord from the pump. With the pump facing forward, the switch is toward the rear and sometimes it is tricky to reach it in the back. My solution has been to turn the pump around so that the back of the pump is facing me.

I have never lost more than a few ml's bottling.

As I've said earlier, this pump has made my "wine time" much more enjoyable.

The only suggestion I passed on to Steve was that I thought the on/off switch should be further down the cord from the pump. With the pump facing forward, the switch is toward the rear and sometimes it is tricky to reach it in the back. My solution has been to turn the pump around so that the back of the pump is facing me.

I have never lost more than a few ml's bottling.

Well Stressbaby
I do listen to my customers and as of mid May, Every Allinone has an additional 8'' longer cord prior to the switch. I also for the past several months have added wood supports inside the shipping box to prevent any damage while in transit (I had one that got damaged due to shipping ) and I also color coded the vacuum lines (with a paint marker) so there is no mix up at all which end goes where -
(even though it does not affect the operation at all - just more simple for assembly - even though all the hoses can only fit on one way due to their size)

Last edited:
18 month review of my All In One Pump

This has got to be absolutely the best investment in any of my wine making equipment and I recommend them to anyone I know that is into or just starting wine making.I racked off more sediment and bottled more uneven bottles than I can count and was about to just go back to buying wine because it was no fun and for a beginner if it is not fun why do it... Then came Steve and his wine pump, I had my son and his wife help bottle up a batch and we were all just amazed at how easy it was and how every signle bottle came out exactly the same, when degassing it was way too easy, just sit and watch... The pump is right at 18 months and still running strong and while I am not a big wine maker my son also uses it to transfer beer so it gets a fair amount of use and no a problem. To top all that off Steve is wonderful to work with, when I was first starting I sent him questions and he always answered and this weekend I sent him an email and he was out camping and still answered, show me any other place that gives that kind of response!! Great product, great support, great person!!

I used the pump to rack and degas a batch this weekend. At first I thought there was something seriously wrong as the pump would only pull about 6 inches of wine and stop. Everything seemed to be hooked up properly and I started to get worried that I had purchased a lemon. Then I realized the stopper to the overflow bottle was not seated properly. Mashed that in and we were off to the races. I just love this thing!

Recieved mine this week!!! Looks great. Need to buy two more carboys so I can use it. Thanks Steve!!!! Great Service!!!

I also think this is a great device. Mine has gotten a lot of use. Just to make sure nothing gets into the pump itself i installed a small engine gas filter to stop any moisture or wine from getting to the pump.

Thanks Wood
I personally would not suggest adding the inline filter,because it will only decrease the vacuum due to that the paper will get moist inside and start to restrict the flow. The Filter will not stop any wine from going past the filter also - it is designed to flow liquids thru it.

The overflow canister actually is designed to protect the pump from any liquids entering the pump as long as it does not overflow.

I would not worry about moisture as the pump is designed for it.

Latest posts

Back