REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, guys! Thanks for being smart! Degassing just got easier. Imagine that!

dralarms

How long is your racking cane ? I was thinking about possibily putting these on my accessory page ? Just want to make sure that they will fit in my standard shipping box or if there is a demand for something like this ?

I will be racking this Saturday and looking foward to trying this procedure !

I cut mine to 5 1/2 inches. If I had it to do again I'd go about 7 inches. Works great on everything except 1 gallon jugs, have to turn it back around because of the size of the neck on the bottle.

dralarms
Thanks I will cut one down to 7 " this weekend and see how it works !
I can see where you could have this setup completely for degassing of 5,6, or 7 gallon carboys and buying another bung if you had normal transfers or 1 gallon containers or similiar.

Ummmmm.....you can use the pump for one gallon jugs. Wow do I feel dumb. I have been cursing the 7 one gallon batches for having to do it by hand. How sad is that.

It works on my 1 gallon jugs, but you got o watch it close, even degassed it foams good due to the flow. Steve, my bung fits my 1 gallon jug, no need for another adapter.

There are sooo many different 1 gallon jug sizes out there. If it does not fit -you can always just hold down the bung on top of the lip of the jug and it will create its own seal and start the vacuum process.

Any particular reason you guys use the 3/8" racking cane instead of the 1/2" ?

I've always used the 1/2 on my wine simply because it's faster on gravity flow siphon setups. Assume the same advantage would exist with the vacuum racking or filtering system if 1/2 canes were used??

Any particular reason you guys use the 3/8" racking cane instead of the 1/2" ?

I've always used the 1/2 on my wine simply because it's faster on gravity flow siphon setups. Assume the same advantage would exist with the vacuum racking or filtering system if 1/2 canes were used??

Yes the transfer rate would be higher in volume but the vacuum would be decreased causing less CO2 removal. The most common sixe of racking cane would be 3/8 also. If anyone would rack into a barrel I would recommened using the 1/2''

Technically I don't have a "review" - yet! But ordered mine today and will sure to post a review once it gets here! Can't wait!!!!!!

Joe

My AllInOneWinePump came in earlier this week, today is the first time I used it.

I gotta say it is all that you all said, easy and quick to set up. It speeds up the process.

I bottled a 6 gallon kit and it took me a few bottles to get the swing of filling it the same every time.

I talked to Steve on the phone when ordering, nice guy and very helpful.

This is a really neat piece of equipment!

Thanks
Mark

I purchased the allinonewinepump a month ago and really love it - well worth the money! As a new winemaker, I was having challenges in degassing my first batch and after using the pump once, saw a huge difference! It was easy to set up and made degassing and general transferring so much easier!!! Steve gives great personal service and ensures your experience with his product is a good one. Highly recommended. Thanks Steve!!

Falling Film Degassing

I received my AllInOnePump a week or so ago with nothing to use it on. After talking to Steve on the phone (what a wealth of knowledge!), I decided to take some spare time to practice/get used to it.

So first thing I tried was the falling film degassing. Cutoff a spare racking cane and bent the short end to 90 degrees. Hooked it up and worked like a charm! Can't wait to use it for real.

image-879033924.jpg

TahunaJR said:
Falling Film Degassing

I received my AllInOnePump a week or so ago with nothing to use it on. After talking to Steve on the phone (what a wealth of knowledge!), I decided to take some spare time to practice/get used to it.

So first thing I tried was the falling film degassing. Cutoff a spare racking cane and bent the short end to 90 degrees. Hooked it up and worked like a charm! Can't wait to use it for real.

I wanted to add the pic of the modified racking cane in the bung.

image-4183762324.jpg

Joe

Thanks, Joe. That's the setup I have now. Like you, I don't currently have a batch that needs degassed, but will soon. Just started three. I'm anxious to compare how this works.

page 42....and still going strong.

I too am one of many happy customers who have purchased and used Steve's AIP. When you are commenting on page 42, it is real tough to come up with anything that hasn't already been said.

Customer support = A+
Ease of use = A+
learning curve = A+
cleanup= A+
bottle filling = A+
degassing = A+

Cost of aspirins to help with the pain from smiling all day = $4.99.

Thanks Steve for this wonderful tool!

I used the pump for the first time. It was awesome. The only problem is that it is so efficient that I did more racking at once, increasing my workload of carboys to clean at a given time:) Going to get the filter soon to try that out.

Thanks!!!!

Just recieved my allinonewinepump this evening. Did a practice run with water, really happy with it. This is going to make bottling very easy.

For degassing, should the racking cane in the receiving carboy be all the way to the bottom or should it be cut so that it is just a few inchs below the bung for maximum splashing?

"
For degassing, should the racking cane in the receiving carboy be all the way to the bottom or should it be cut so that it is just a few inchs below the bung for maximum splashing?

I made up 2. I made one 8 inches long and with a heat gun, put a little more bend in the neck, like has been stated and shown above.
One is full length for the times I do not want to splash. Racking canes are less than $3 so having both works best for me.

I would like to thank Grasshopper for coming up with this great gadget that saves even more time in the process of removal of CO2. It still uses the 6.5 bung ,so you will not have to switch racking canes in order to use this complete setup. I am now selling them for 12 dollars with purchase of pump or 14 dollars individually (includes shipping). Please Pm me with your email address and I will put a PayPal money request to you, until I can get my shopping cart up and running properly.
They are flexible and are only 9'' tall to provide more stability.

degassing tool [276x400].jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back