REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love my new Allinone pump!

I just used my new pump for bottling for the first time. My back is much appreciative that Father's Day Claus left me this great gift! It worked perfectly! I bottled a portion of an Eclipse Cabernet Sauvignon kit and a Petit Verdot kit. Am enjoying a sip of the Petit Verdot right now. The rest I transferred into smaller carboys to bulk age a bit longer and eventually blend with an Eclipse Merlot kit I started about a month ago to fashion a Meritage-style blend. Cheers!

Just adding yet another "I love this thing" post--used it for secondary racking last night and was again impressed with how easy it is to use. A little tricky with one gallon batches (I've been racking them to three gallon carboys and the n funnel dumping back into one gallon jugs), but still WORLDS easier than manual racking..,

vacuumpumpman said:
Thanks LeChat
I just want to inform everyone with Canadian sales I always USPS (cheapest) and I alway let the buyer know prior to purchase- typically 30 additional dollars (my cost ).

As for the vacuum release I left the safety notice on the valve as it states (only in the state of California ), the vacuum release never comes in contact with the wine unless the overflow bottle like you described. If you would like PM me your phone # and I am sure I can give you some pointers on how only to get about 1-2 tablespoons of wine in the overflow bottle after bottling 30 bottles. It just takes a little time and experience.

My two cents on this--I yanked the overflow hose up a bit, and I stick a bright led light shining on the neck of the bottle so I can keep track visually. You get used to figuring out how much more will flow on by bottle three, and can limit this by setting the bottle well above the carboy, most of the wine then flows back in the carboy when you engage the pressure release valve...

I'm sure almost all of you are saying "duh" as you read this, just throwing it out there for people considering picking it up and are unsure how easy it is to use. Short learning curve, then simple!

Used my allinonewinepump again this past week. I was thinking what a PITA it was degassing and transferring wine before I got the pump.
Also filling the wine bottles has become a breeze too.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Bob B.

Here are a few pics of the degassing cane I got for my allinonewinepump in April. My wines were completely degassed after the first racking. :spm

I just used the pump today to move two zinfandels, an ice wine and a port from primary buckets to carboys. It was easy and satisfying. Tomorrow I have to de-gas the two zins and then claryify. I have the new de-gassing head and feel I'll be ready to bottle in record time. If you don't have this pump, you need to get it.

Great Product

I am new to the whole home wine making process. I did it with a friend for a few months and got bitten by the bug. Doing it all by hand until my friend found the All In One. What an amazing product. I am still trying to figure out how to do the filtering, but racking and bottling are a snap with little to no loss of product. We got 30.5 bottles out of a 28 bottle batch since we didn't lose anything during the whole process. :) No more lifting heavy carboys, de-gassing is a snap, and minimal waste. What is not to like?

Great pump!

OK- we may not be your normal wine makers. My wife likes to do things in a big way. Yesterday we bottled 51 gallons of wine, which amounts to about 255 bottles. We used our All in One Wine Pump, which have had for two years. It worked like a dream. The pump is advertised to bottle at 15 seconds per bottle. We timed a five gallon carboy. Including moving from bottle to bottle, it timed out at exactly 15 seconds per bottle! We did it all in an afternoon. (It also makes racking a fast job.)

Although the pump was not originally designed for such volume, it worked great. We did trip the heat protection halfway through. (That is designed to trip at a much lower temperature than would cause any damage to the motor.) We put a small desk fan on it, let it sit a couple of minutes, and were back in business. If you are bottling in quantity, or in a warm setting (who would do that?), the fan might be a good idea.

It has made racking and bottling a breeze. We love the way it fills the bottles to a precise level. (I had misplaced our instructions, so I went to the web site for the pump and watched the video again- carboy lower than the bottles- great piece of info). It truly is easy to use for racking and bottling.

This pump is hand built, well built, and built to last. I don't think there is anything on the market that can compete.

My two cents on this--I yanked the overflow hose up a bit, and I stick a bright led light shining on the neck of the bottle so I can keep track visually. You get used to figuring out how much more will flow on by bottle three, and can limit this by setting the bottle well above the carboy, most of the wine then flows back in the carboy when you engage the pressure release valve...

I'm sure almost all of you are saying "duh" as you read this, just throwing it out there for people considering picking it up and are unsure how easy it is to use. Short learning curve, then simple!

No,no, that wine that ends up in the overflow bottle belongs to me. It's my reward for getting the job done. Yesterday it rewarded me a little more than I expected. Especially on an empty stomach. It really has a way of sneaking up on you.......ME BAD.

Allinonewinepump

I am new to wine making and had completed several batches using basic equipment and the results were acceptable but not what I was looking for. Then I found out about the Allinopnewinepump and my entire direction in wine making changed. I contacted Steve and he walked me thru his equipment and what is was capable of doing for me and I was sold. I purchased the Allinonewinepump for just $199 and it has turned out to be one of the best purchases I have made. I just finished two 6 gallons batches of wine and using this piece of equipment and it completely changed the outcome of the wine and made it far easier than previous attempts. From racking to degassing to filtering to bottling the Allinonewinepump gave me excellent results and was super easy to use, what a time saver. Steve also showed me how to setup a filtering system that was inexpensive but the results were outstanding. I finished bottling yesterday and is was both easy and quick. For anyone just getting started in winemaking and are serious about turning out top quality wine with a minimum of effort I would highly recommend the Allinonewinepump.

Another great review of the All In One Wine Pump. I used it yesterday to bottle 90 bottles and all bottles were at the same height from the top. It was great. And, the service Steve provides is over the top.

I also have to say the new racking piece to illuminate gas is a great addition. It was easy to do and fast. Thanks again, Steve, for a great product. Now, get to work on an easy label remover. We all need one and you seem to have the inventor/engineering mind to create one.

Hello everyone, I have spent the last couple days using my All in one pump to filter and bottle 22 gallons...and it was a lot easier then I was expecting..the filter was the one from filtersfast (housing is the 158326) the filters are the PD-1-934 for whites and PD-5-934 for reds...they sucked a little air..i did Steve`s marking of the housing ,and yes he`s right ,you can`t tighen it up all the way ,it looks like the plastic on the inside of the filters prevents this...I couldn`t find the tube for drawing it from the bottom,so I just flipped the housing over,that wasn`t a problem or the cause for the air leak...bottling was simple ...I purchased the filtering system in mid January of this year (a case of each) if this helps Steve..i read there my be defective one`s....anyway ,now I should leave the bottles upright for 2 days, then it`s safe to put the capsules and lables on?...Steve I will be calling you soon ,I hear you have a new racking cane?....and I need some hose...its a PITA to get them barbed fitting off the hose!...Thanks for everyone`s help in this adventure....:b

The All-In-One is the Best! I received this as a gift from my wife. This is one of the best gifts I could have gotten. I am very new to home wine making and absolutely love the all in one wine pump. It was very easy to setup and use. My first bottling experience was great as well as racking and degassing. This is a great tool for the home wine maker and makes it much easier and does away with the heavy lifting. Steve was very helpful and timely in answering questions.

finally got a all in one pump.
after letting it sitt in my basement for 3 days I finally took it for a spin this afternoon.
I racked 12 gallons (2 different carboys) in under 10 minutes.
I did not have to carry my carboys up the stairs out of my basement. I did not have to move a single carboy.
It usually takes me a hour between moving carboys, cleaning equipment and racking with the auto siphon.
This process now takes me under 20 minutes.

How did I make wine before the all in one??????

:r :r :r :r

I bought my all in one pump several weeks ago. I have been racking and degassing with it. It is a great tool. Next week I have to bottle 6 gallons of wine. I have never use the pump to bottle. Does anybody have any tips about bottling with the pump? Any idiosyncrasies I should know about? Thanks

Yep. Grab that metal throttle body in one hand and feather it like you would a weed Wacker with a bad carb. Lol.. If you get foam, slow down the flow by throttling the valve. I did 63 bottle night before last and had maybe a teaspoon go into my overflow.

There is a hole on the red overflow stopper pipe. Leave this hole exposed and you'll experience much less foaming. Ditto what Dralarms said about feathering the valve.

Is there a way to use the pump to strictly degass the wine without pumping it to a different carboy?

Or must you rack from one carboy to another to get the degassing fully done?

Latest posts

Back