REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word of advice, never bottle from a vessel with sediment in it. Nothing worse then getting 1/2 way through and then stirring it up by accident. Then you have cloudy wine and no proper vessel to store it in. Rack to clean vessel and bottle from there and if you stir it up a little just give it another few weeks and you should be fine to go from there as you most likely didnt transfer enough to worry about disturbing it. Also, always keep the racking cane up in the carboy and drop it down at the very last minute so if worst comes to worst you only have 1 or 2 bottles that got cloudy and thoise must be drunk by you asap! wink wink

Great advice Wade, and with the allinone pump my process has become very easy:
1. Rack from final aging carboy on settling table to clean carboy on floor dolly
2. Bottle from carboy on floor dolly to bottles on table (carboy below bottles to allow for accurate bottle fill with pump)
3. Done - two empty carboys and not one carboy lifted!

If for any reason there is still some sediment in the receiving carboy, I can let it sit on the floor dolly for a few weeks, and transfer to another carboy for bottling at a later date - still no lifting!

got mine yesterday

what a great tool. Racked, degassed and bottled 8 gallons of apple wine, pulled it all through a 5 micron filter as well. Great machine, especially once i got the hang of opening the vacuum release and turning off the pump at the same time, perfect filled bottles, no spillage at all. I'm definitely retiring the hand pump i made. I gotta say though the hand pump was way more powerful, if somewhat painful to use.

Everyone has one right, you should. I'm blown away at not lifting carboys anymore, I'm planning my wine area and the ability to put carboys anywhere really opens up the plan. And Steve is amazing to deal with, very nice and fast on all my emails.
If you can't tell I'm super happy with my purchase. If this one happens to get trashed I'm ordering at least 2 more ASAP. New fanboy right here.

Vacuum pump giveaway bonus !!

So I came up with this - if you order a pump between 3-15-2012 and April 1st 2012 and your name is drawn -

You have the option of accepting another pump or a full refund from the original purshase and in either case you would receive a complete inline filtering system- including 2 filters,housing,wrench,and bracket.

Thanks steve
http://allinonewinepump.com/

Wow...got my allinone pump last week. Have done 2 transfers. Setup is easy and the pump works great. How did I ever get along without one?

Nice to do business with a guy that is local (in the US) and if you have any questions, he answers them. Great customer service.

A big 2 thumbs up :br

Received my pump 2 months ago. helped my next door neighbor rack 5 batches. i rack 3 batches without lifting a single carboy.

i used it to filter my beer. i found to create a lot of foam when i passed 2 inline filters. i only pass one now. i added the tube in the housing center.

Steve is great, great service. i was confused on the pump's part. spoke to him over the phone and everything is cool. no issue at all.

A heck of a product, both myself and wine making partner, my wife, agree that this is a great product.

Last edited:
You probably need to soak the filter first. Just like when you install one of these filters in your house you will get a lot of air that need to be bled out by running it for a minute but if you soak them first it will eliminate most of that. You can soak it in your beer for beer or kmeta or wine for wine.

I received mine last week as was able to bottle a brunello with much less mess than usual. The ullage was very consistent (as long as I didn't hit the vacuum release too soon. In the instructions it mentions tying the 2 lines going to bottling stopper together with zip ties and the like. I rather took a 16" piece of 3/4" OD clear tubing I had, made a cut that ran the entire length and snapped both lines inside. Worked like a charm and is easy to do/undo and reusable.
I like the machine very much. I got the idea to put some stick-on rubber feet on the bottom to reduce some vibration noise and prevent "walking." We'll see how that works.

I received this pump 2 weeks back, and did my first racking last night. The wine had sediment so used Auto Siphon(since this has an anti-sediment tip) from one end and regular racking cane at the receiving end. Racking speed was awesome. However, I was not sure how to manage at the end of the racking. One hand to tilt the carboy and the other hand to switch off the vacuum. Since the racking speed is high, I struggled to time it correctly. Am I doing it correctly, or is there an easier way to do it?

I received this pump 2 weeks back, and did my first racking last night. The wine had sediment so used Auto Siphon(since this has an anti-sediment tip) from one end and regular racking cane at the receiving end. Racking speed was awesome. However, I was not sure how to manage at the end of the racking. One hand to tilt the carboy and the other hand to switch off the vacuum. Since the racking speed is high, I struggled to time it correctly. Am I doing it correctly, or is there an easier way to do it?

First off, I use the regular racking cane (with an anti-sediment tip) in the full carboy, and the (inside cane part) of the auto-siphon in the receiving carboy. The force coming out into the receiving carboy really helps to de-gas the wine.

Next, get yourself a couple of rubber door stops. That way you can tilt the full carboy and leave it that way so as not to disturb the sediment. I also use a small squeeze clamp to keep the racking cane up off of the bottom until the very last possible moment. That keeps the chance of racking any sediment to a minimum.

I agree, you should have the carboy tilted while its clearing. This way all the sediment falls to 1 side and then when its time to rack it gently spin it around to the other side and if you let it sit about 2 weeks like tgat the sediment should stay ant not fall down when spun. Im not sure as I dont have this all in one but most vacuum pumps have a regulator on them to dpeed up or slow down the rate of racking. Does this pump have that?

I put one of those tubing clamps on the hose coming out of the source carboy so it's really handy to get to for slowing stopping at the end of racking. When you close it all the way, the flow stops and it starts degassing the destination - without pulling a big gollup of air through at the end.

I use a pieces of 1x2 to tilt the source carboy and a closepin to hold the cane up out of the sediment. It's a platic closepin that holds the cane well, but it's really easy to slide the cane to adjust it down further along the way.

A regulator would have been good. I will try the above suggestions for racking my La Bodega port tonight.

Hmm. Birthday coming up next month and after my first experience degassing last night, I'm giving serious thought to this. Not to mention the fact that all my winemaking stuff is in the basement and when racking, I need to carry carboys upstairs to the kitchen so I can get them up on a counter.

When buying the allinone, does it come with the bottling gear, or does that have to be purchased separately?

Back