REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished bottling my second batch using vacuumpumpman's vacuum bottling attachment and my vacuum pump. If you have a pump and want an inexpensive and effective bottling attachment, you really need to look at getting one of these before he stops making them. :wy

After conferring with a customer that had an issue with bottling taking too long and therefore his pump shutting off, I realized that there is a bad batch of hose that was supplied with my system. This problem can be corrected by replacing the hose between the racking canes. Typically a 6 gallon transfer takes approximately 3-5 minutes. Anything more that, then there is probably a vacuum leak somewhere in the system.
Please contact me directly if you are having any issues

Thanks Steve
[email protected]

Is there a leak or is the hose collapsing in on itself due to vacuum?

No it was a leak - not tight enough fit around the racking canes, causing the wine to stop and release back into the receiving carboy. I believe only a few pumps are actually affected,but I felt that I should get the word out. I also am making custom tan rubber bunges to fit the carboy inlets for the racking cane and vacuum insert.

thanks Steve

All in one wine pump works great!

I recently bought one and so far have used it to rack twice, bottling is next weekend so looking forward to that. It does not get any easier than this!! Hook it up, turn it on and watch it work, no lifting, no problems. Had other questions in general and Steve answered them all, very helpful and half had nothing to do with the pump. Great product, great person! :try

I recently bought one and so far have used it to rack twice, bottling is next weekend so looking forward to that. It does not get any easier than this!! Hook it up, turn it on and watch it work, no lifting, no problems. Had other questions in general and Steve answered them all, very helpful and half had nothing to do with the pump. Great product, great person! :try

Mine is on its way now. Hoping it arrives by the weekend, as I have some racking to do. Steve was very helpful and responsive to all of my questions. Got the recommended filters from FilterFast, and they have already arrived. This hobby is starting to have the same impact of owning a boat. Always a new gadget to buy! :sm

I put my new pump into service this past weekend. First to rack and degas a batch of cran-lime skeeter pee. Then to rack, degas and bottle a batch of WE CabSauv. First, some filling advice for first timers and then a racking question for the long-time pump users.

It took my first three bottles during filling to realize that even having the bottles at the same height as the carboy still allows gravity to be a factor . Those three bottles overflowed. Placing the bottles higher than carboy helped assure a mess-free bottling process. Plus depressing the vacuum release right as the wine height reaches the overflow spout will ensure minimal loss into the overflow bottle.

As for racking, I found that the suction of the pump tends to pull in more lees as the wine level gets to the carboy boottom as opposed to racking via gravity with a siphon. Even trying to partially depress the vacuum release really didn't do enough as I had to depress it past the point where I totally lose all of the vacuum. So I was wondering if using the elbow supplied for the bottle filler would help better regulate the transfer rate similar to when filling bottle (slow vs fast)?

thanks
John

Last edited:
Word of advice, never bottle from a vessel with sediment in it. Nothing worse then getting 1/2 way through and then stirring it up by accident. Then you have cloudy wine and no proper vessel to store it in. Rack to clean vessel and bottle from there and if you stir it up a little just give it another few weeks and you should be fine to go from there as you most likely didnt transfer enough to worry about disturbing it. Also, always keep the racking cane up in the carboy and drop it down at the very last minute so if worst comes to worst you only have 1 or 2 bottles that got cloudy and thoise must be drunk by you asap! wink wink

John please read over the FAQ'S that came with the pump or go on the website and reread them as all your answers are there
taken from the FAQ'S

When filling bottles, should the carboy be at the same level or lower than the bottles?
Bottles should always has to be higher than the carboy you’re pulling from. This allows gravity to automatically adjust the bottles liquid height.

What is the vacuum release for?
1 - For transferring. Just before the end of the transfer, push the vacuum release to prevent excessive air from entering the receiving carboy.
2 - For bottling. Once you reach the determined height pushing the vacuum release will slow the bottling process and gravity will take over to make all your bottles a consistent height.

There was a sheet that was shipped in the box it also mentions about 2 speed bottling procedure as well.

Thanks Wade for clarifing the rest - I agree totally

thanks steve
http://allinonewinepump.com/faq.html

Last edited:
I agree with what Wade said....But I also turn the suction down to 4-5" as I get closer to the bottom of the carboy I'm racking out of, that way more of the sediment stays on the bottom & doesn't get sucked up. Never bottle from a carboy with sediment in it or you'll get too many "home use only" bottles! Roy

Thanks guys. Understood about the bottling without any sediment. That's why I did one last racking of both the SP and Cab Sauv before bottling. I hit the vacuum release toward the end of the rackings as I saw some of the sediment kicking up. It was only a small bit as I had already racked twice before that, but still wanted to avoid transferring any of it to the clean carboy. In any case, I bottled that last bit separately, clearly marking those bottles as ones with sediment.

FTC - when you say you turned the suction down to 4-5", can I assume you're using some type of adjustable vacuum pump? I have Steve's allinonewinepump which has on/off swtich and a vacuum release button. No dial/gauge.

beta testers wanted

This post has been deleted by me - for the beta testers for the air bladder system

Thanks Steve

Last edited:
Great product, great customer service!

Just wanted to post up regarding the wine pump and the customer service I've received.

Before, I would not be looking forward to racking or transfering because of the mess and work. With the pump it goes a lot quicker, there is less mess and quicker cleanup and don't have to risk hurting my back lifting carboys. In case you can't tell, I'm now a fan!

The first time I used it I had a few questions so I sent Steve a PM on this forum. He quickly responded back with the answers and asked for my phone number so he could call me just to make sure I wasn't having any further problems - this was over a Sat night and Sunday. Can't think of ANY company I've ever dealt with that offered customer service that good.

Max thumbs up for this product!!

ok, my turn :)

My allinonewinepump arrived in the mail today, and after setting up and practicing a bit with some k-meta sanitizer, I did my final racking of my CC Old Vine Zin. I also ran it through a whole house filter (5 micron).

The setup was very easy, and the results were great. I can now wholeheartedly recommend this as well :br. So easy, and with the filtration, my first wine kit is looking better than I ever expected. Even cheated a 1/2 glass before topping off, and can't wait for this to get some age on it!

Awesome. Did you degas the wine also with this?

I had degassed it quite well before stabilizing and clearing, using a winesaver, but I did let it splash in the carboy during transfer. Not a lot of CO2 evident even then. With the vacuum in the carboy, I understand that there is less concern about oxidation doing that, so I figured it wouldn't hurt.

The sample that I tasted didn't have any CO2 evident either.

Other than figuring out bottling, I'm really happy with my first attempt at this. Finding this forum was really a key to going through the process without major screwups :)

Latest posts

Back