REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robie,

what all came with the bottling set up? This may be something I'd be interested in.

Price for just this option?

Everything but the vacuum pump, overflow container, and the hose coming from that. So, pretty much everything you need but the pump set.

As for price, I was sort of Steve's first experiment at selling the parts separately. Send him an email and I'm sure he will get back to you.

I can tell you one thing, it made such a difference that I would have paid more than he asked if I had it to do over again. I can promise you, you will be a happy camper with this setup. If I hadn't already had my pump setup, I would buy the whole setup from Steve.

Thanks Mike and Robie -
I also have emailed everyone who pm me on the price and exactly what you get as well. Typically it is 35 dollars for the bottling set-up and an additional 7 dollars for shipping (total 42 dollars ,within the US. I have had some inquiries. I started doing this to help out the people of this forum who already had vacuum pumps ,but still wanted the a reasonable bottling system. It is alot of work - so I am not sure how long I will still be offering this

Thanks Steve
http://allinonewinepump.com/

Do you hear that people??? If youir even thinking about it you better sh!t or get off the couch! Kind of like how so many people waited until I stopped selling my pumps to say "SAre you stil selling those pump set ups"! LOL

Hey All, I bought one of Steve's bottling deals for $35 bucks & it was the BEST $35 bucks I ever spent! My wife 2nd's that 2X's. Hell we went to lunch on Mon. & spent $16 on TWO GLASSES of wine! & that was in the Ga. Mtn's! Soooo $35 bucks is a BARGAIN! Now we LOVE to bottle, Roy PS It was her 50th birthday!

Last edited:
I'm sorry if starting this thread gave you too much business, Steve! I'm glad everyone has had a chance to see/hear how well this system works. It is my best purchase so far as time saving goes. Can't beat it!

Thanks again, Steve!!!!

Danger, out!

I'm sorry if starting this thread gave you too much business, Steve! I'm glad everyone has had a chance to see/hear how well this system works. It is my best purchase so far as time saving goes. Can't beat it!

Thanks again, Steve!!!!

Danger, out!

Thanks Dan
I am not getting out of the allinonevacuumpump just possibily the vacuum bottling system only (sold separetly ). I just wanted to make sure that was very clear. I had alot of people intrested in the bottling attachement for their own vacuum pump, so that is why I offered it on this site only. I have had alot of inquires but very little sales.

Thanks Steve

I have a few quick questions.

Just received the allinonewinepump last night (worked great) and racked out my wine. When you mention degassing, is it done when the wine is being transferred from one carboy to another? The reason I ask is because I let the line run dry (Got busy doing something else) and it was pumping air into my now full carboy. Will this affect the wine? I would of stirred it before add the chemicals to clear it anyways (introducing air).
Another question
What is the value for on the vacuum line is it a pressure release?

Thanks for the help and this thing rocks. Took me little time and cleanup was a breeze

Lance

I dont have 1 of these but I will take a stab at it as Im pretty familiar with pumps like these as I used to sell them here. I would say the valve is for when you are bottling so when the bottle is full you just release the valve while you switch bottles. You probably introduced a lot of air when runoing it dry like that so I hope you had just dosed it with some S02 right before. The best thing to do is dose the wine right before or add the sulfite into the carboy dissolved of coarse and rack the wine onto it. If you transfer your wine properly by vacuum there wil be very little degassing at all using this method unless you are letting your wine freefall from the toip of the carboy down. That in itself will get a lot of gas out if temps are up where they should be like around mid 70's.

I have a few quick questions.

Just received the allinonewinepump last night (worked great) and racked out my wine. When you mention degassing, is it done when the wine is being transferred from one carboy to another? The reason I ask is because I let the line run dry (Got busy doing something else) and it was pumping air into my now full carboy. Will this affect the wine? I would of stirred it before add the chemicals to clear it anyways (introducing air).
Another question
What is the value for on the vacuum line is it a pressure release?

Thanks for the help and this thing rocks. Took me little time and cleanup was a breeze

Lance

Hi Lance
The vacuum release is to stop the flow of wine in carboy transfers or bottling. All you have to do is press the vacuum release prior to completion of transfer and the liquid will stop immediately.
Wade pretty much covered everything about co2 and sulfite

Thanks Steve

Mr Wino's vacuum pump!

I recently bought an all in one pump and also a filter system. I used it to rack, degas, bottle and filter 8 , 6gallon carboys of wine. It could not have worked any better. My wine is better than it ever due to the degassing and filtering that I was able to do with the system. Just not having to lift full carboys made it worth the price. I can't wait to use it again. Good job Steve!

I'm wondering if it degases OK at 68 degrees with the pump. I know it's hard to do it that cool by hand but dues the pump help that out too?

Not really, your wine needs to be in mid 70's using any method of degassing.

I'm wondering if it degases OK at 68 degrees with the pump. I know it's hard to do it that cool by hand but dues the pump help that out too?

Time and Temperature
Ideally vacuum degassing should be done at the fining and stabilizing stage of your kit wine process, usually fifteen to twenty days after the onset of fermentation. Dissolved CO2 interferes with the action of fining agents. So, getting it out of solution before the finings are added will help them clear the wine effectively.

In addition to degassing at the right time, you need to degas at the right temperature. Colder wine will retain more gas, and more tenaciously. Ideally, your wine should be around 75 °F (24 °C). If you degas any cooler than 65 °F (18 °C) you’ll have a more difficult time getting the gas to break out of solution

taken from http://www.winemakermag.com/stories...inemaking/537-operating-in-a-vacuum-wine-kits

I hope this helps

steve

So I’m basically ready to pull the trigger on this kit as I have ~18 gallons that will be ready to rack during President’s week. I have both 6 gal and 6.5 gal carboys which have different diameter spouts and thus I currently use different diameter rubber stoppers. I’ve never used a universal carboy cap before and I’m not sure if it’s truly “universal” based upon some google searches, where it appears that there are separate universal caps for 3-6 gals carboys and 6.5 gal ones. Assuming the one that comes with this set up is intended for 3-6 gal, can I also buy a 6.5 gal cap along with the kit?

Also, what size racking canes will I need to buy to work with the kit?

Thanks
John

The orange universal carboy cap does come with this and starting as of today I am making my own #6.5 tappered pure white gum stoppers to fit your racking cane and the vacuum hose also. This stopper should fit most all glass carboys ,including alot of 1 gallon size also.

I also have the burgundy carboy adapter that fits 6.5 and the 7 gallon carboys

The racking canes are your standard - 3/8 diameter

thanks alot
Steve

http://allinonewinepump.com

Last edited:
This sounds like a great product. Can I use it with plastic "Betterbottle" carboys? I sure hope so. Thanks, Gary

Only if you are racking from one! You cant rack to one as you have to create a vacuum in that one and the better bottle will collapse upon itself unfortunately!

I tried using mine for the first time tonight to bottle my first wine and at about bottle 16 the pump just shut off and wouldn't turn back on. Anyone ever had this problem? Very irritating in the middle of bottling.

Update: Steve from Allinonewinepump called me and he thinks it might be a vacuum leak issue which made everything take forever and eventually overheated the pump. I'm following his recommendation to check the vacuum and connections and go from there.

Update Update: Picked up some new 3/8 hose and made a much better connection. Looks like a bad batch of hose is all it was. Racked 6gal in 3:15. Looking forward to much faster bottling next time.

Last edited:
Give him a ring, must be a pump problem and thats not something anyone could have ever known about. Pretty much we would all test it to see if it works but beyond that there is no way of telling there was a problem. Im very sure he'll take care of you with this problem.

Back