PRAYERS FOR SWILLOLOGIST

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I can't stay inside. I have to be outside. If nothing else I set out in a lawn chair and watch the neighbors go by. Mother does let me do a few more things now. Maybe she will let me get back on the mower tomorrow. I think she is getting tired of mowing. Also school has started and she had to go back to work. That takes up a little more of her time. I do get out and walk around the garden. The weeds are terrible but will just have to do for this year. There is still plenty of stuff in the garden to go around. I'm having trouble find people that want the stuff.

I'm just eating NW. I am drinking a bottle of Ensure a day now. I really don't need the weight either.I was down to 195. Thatwouldn't be that bad a weight for me. I am about 205 now. I was at 235 before this all started.

The chemo doesn't seem to know the difference between the good and the bad cells. It just takes them all out. The food taste ok to me. It's this gun barrel taste in my mouth all the time that is bad. But that will go away in a few days and then things will be good for a few days. Then we start the whole treatment thing again. But we're still here and life is good.

I think it's great you can be in the garden, even if you can't find enough people to take the excess. Know that we're all thinking of you. I love your positive outlook and determination -- that really makes a difference, I think.
smiley20.gif

I mowed the lawn once this spring, it was after I found out about the tumors on the lymph glands....Our lawn has some smooth areas and some very rough areas...I felt that all that bouncing and giggling really wasn't good for the stuff growing inside....

If you can, and...if she can, maybe don't do all that bouncing...soon the lawns will quit growing for the season...we hope....at least Jim hopes so...he really doesn't enjoy mowing...I like to mow because I collect the clippings for mulch...No mulch this summer.

Just my 2¢ worth.

YES LIFE IS GOOD,EVERY DAY IS A TRUE GIFT I TRULY BELIEVE THAT................................................................

I love mowing lawns and have a few older folks as neighbors and sneak over with my rider especially when its really hot out and mow their lawns when they are out. Wish i could sneak over to your houses and mow your lawns but my rider doesnt get THAT GOOD gas mileage to get way up there. Keep up the positive attitudes you 2 as you inspire us! NW, its probably a good thing I cant get up there as your garden would look a little thinned out after I left!
smiley36.gif

Thinking of you today.....</font>

Hope today's treatment goes smoother...</font>.

Take care....</font>

Well sorry to say but it didn't NW. My body just doesn't like the rituxan. I only got a third of the bag. They went ahead and finished the rest of the treatment. They are working on a whole new regiment for the next round. The same medicines just taking breaks through it and adding some stuff to stop the reactions. We are going to see if that will help. I need to get the rituxan. It's one of the main cancer killers that I take. I hope we can get this worked out.
Now on the good side. I gained a couple more pounds. The Doctor said my blood counts are coming up. Not back to normal yet but up. And he couldn't feel my glands anymore. So life is good.

Swill,

I sure hope that they can get your medicines regulated and are able to stop the reactions. Glad you are gaining. And I hope that you are able to enjoy the food you are eating. Will be following you....to see how you are doing....Ramona

Sorry to hear that meds are not playing nice. Hope all gets worked out as the 2 you really keep this family together!

Nasty drugs...but sounds like they are working...or we pray they are working. When I feel crappy I know something is going on and hope for the best.

And Ramona...I thought you have mandatory evacuation.....????
Going to to ride out the storm????

Yea, going to ride it out. The authorities have advised that anyone who is not in the mandatory evac zone to "hunker down". It is predicted that we could get 100mph winds even as far in as I am.

It is so calm now that it is hard to imaging what they say is on the way.....Going to fill up one of my primaries with the spigot for water tomorrow morning, fill the bathtubs with water get some ice for the beer and wine.......and just wait and see. I'll have a job bringing in the plants. Keep watching the weather channel.....it is likely that we will loose power so if I don't come on to give you and update you will know why.
Preparing for the worst.....expecting the best..........Ramona

They have been very specific that this is a very dangerous storm. but I have Lain with me and Curits and my company from Baltimore will be here in the morning and I have plenty of food and wine and a couple of rooms in the house that are pretty secure, Lots of candles and I'm charging up my camera batteries incase I have some good videos to take......All is well..

The local news is advising that everyone stay home unless they are in a surge area or special needs so I hope this advice is the right advice.

Anyway, we are riding it out.....RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Stay safe Ramona and I see you have your priorities straight!!!
" fill the bathtubs with water get some ice for the beer and wine"
smiley36.gif

Yep, first things first.....!!!

But I have to say..........As serious as they are hypeing this up. We have been in this position beforeand ended up with not a drop if rain or a breeze to speak of. It ends up with the officials having egg on thier face. and us having the "cry wolf syndrome"

Ask me tomorrow evening.....uh....if we have electricity......Ramona

PSWade.....The tub is a jacuzzi..if we don't need it to flush toilets..then we wiill throw in some bubbles, turn it on and dive in with a glass of wine or a beer!!!

Last one in......doesn't fit!!!!Edited by: rgecaprock

I hope you are right about the no rain and very little wind. Stay safe. Prayers will be going out for you tonight and tomorrow. I have a nephew in Corpus Chrisi that had an addition to his family yesterday. I think they will be riding out the storm also.

WadeI think you're the one that hold this family together. I don't have much to with that. I think you and NW have more to do with that. But I do appreciate the thought. Thanks for the thoughts.Edited by: swillologist

Now that sounds like a party Ramona, Im on my way!
smiley36.gif
Congrats on the addition to the family Swill and hope all are well in THE BIG STATE and any others effected by Ike.

Ramona. Set up a web cam outside and broadcast live video for us......or set it up by the Jacuzzi
smiley36.gif

SWMBO and I rode out Alicia in '83. The eye passed about 13 miles west of where we were - about where Ramona lives. We had one tree down on our fence and no power for 4 days, but that was it. It turned into a four day BBQ on the street as we all cooked all the food we had in our freezers and partied.

When HL&amp;P showed up to fix the downed power lines they had a crew of 14. Two guys went up in the bucket trucks to splice the lines back together and the other 12 ate donuts and drank coffee and "supervised."

Swill....did you have treatment this week?????

If so.....How did it go this time????

Hope things are going good for you.

Swill, I hope every thing is going OK for you. I haven't forgotten you in my prayers. I understand it's a tough row to hoe but keep the faith!

Back