PRAYERS FOR SWILLOLOGIST

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter I have had a bone marrow test that didn't come as we had hoped. It has invaded the bone marrow but at a low percentage. The Doctor said that the treatment I am taking will take care of it also. I have an appointment with a bone marrow clinic next Thursday. We will have to see what they have to say. They will be working with my Oncologist to adjust my treatments if needed. Things right now are going good.
Thanks for asking. swill

Do what you have to do but keep living strong! And keep asking for the best doc's, and nurses. I think your positive attitude makes a difference. We'll keep you at the top of the prayer list.

Dave

A little update. As I may have said before the bone marrow test didn't come back as we had hope for. It has spread into the bone marrow. My oncologist had me go to a bone marrow clinic to discuss a transplant. The Doctor there told us that this was to early to do a transplant. She thinks the treatment I am on now is working. If at the end of the treatments the cancer is not gone. Then they will talk about different treatments and a bone marrow trasnsplant. So basically no bone marrow transplant in the near future. She thinks things are looking good right now for whipping this thing. Edited by: swillologist

Swil

Glad the treatment that you are on now is working so I hope that you won't have to have the transplant. I hope that you are feeling up to doing the things you enjoy. Cancer touches everyone, my step-mother has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has had surgery, she is doing well but will have to go through the radiation and chemo too.

Just know that we are all with you and NW everyday...........Ramona

Swill,

You and NW are still in thoughts and prayers, if the time comes for a transplant let us know so can be tested for a match, the least I could do.

Here's wishing continued sucess in beating all these diseases for you guys and all mankind(and womankind). Swill, it's not the greatest news, but it is positive news when you oncologist and others say you are beating this thing. Keep ut the spirits and may you soon be all healed( and you also NW).

I think half of the healing comes from within, and you both have the proper outlook and approach to this.This May I had thefourth surgery infour years removing tumors from my back. You keep going and don't look back, its just another one of life's experiences, but it doesn't stop or change you unless you let it!
smiley20.gif

The treatment went a little better this time around. I still did have a reaction to it. But not as bad as the first time. It still took a lot longer then it was supposed to but we got thought it. Friday morning I felt a little tough. But by the afternoon I was feeling better again. Again this morning Ifelt a little tough. I believe it is the medicine I am take in the mornings. I have two more days of that and then I'm done with it again until the next treatment. Other then that. The Doctor think we are getting on top of this thing. I have aCAT-scan scheduled before the next treatment. Thatwill hopefully tell us if this is working.If it is we will continue on the course we are on now. If not they will probably have to change it. I personally think it is working. I have gained back a few pounds. I can't feel the glands so easily now and I can eat more.
Life is good NW!Edited by: swillologist

Here is continued hopes for a full and speedy recovery. It is certainly rough on the body- and the spirits. Keep in a good mood and you will beat this back.

let a smile be your umbrella and are strength goes out to you forYOU FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY,lucille and i will say a prayer for that to happen.

Keep your chin up...We are all in there pulling for you....I hope the best for you...

swillologist said:
The treatment went a little better this time around. I still did have a reaction to it. But not as bad as the first time. It still took a lot longer then it was supposed to but we got thought it. Friday morning I felt a little tough. But by the afternoon I was feeling better again. Again this morning Ifelt a little tough. I believe it is the medicine I am take in the mornings. I have two more days of that and then I'm done with it again until the next treatment. Other then that. The Doctor think we are getting on top of this thing. I have aCAT-scan scheduled before the next treatment. Thatwill hopefully tell us if this is working.If it is we will continue on the course we are on now. If not they will probably have to change it. I personally think it is working. I have gained back a few pounds. I can't feel the glands so easily now and I can eat more.
Life is good NW!

Swill.....
Glad you are getting through the treatments....Hopefully they will get easier each time and that they are taking care of the beast. Hope your CT Scan comes back with good news.... As you start to feel stronger you'll feel a weight off your shoulders...it will feel like magic.....I feel it is the prayers that everyone is sharing.

I go in this morning for my second half of the Oxaliplatin ....they do it in a split dose because it is so hard on the veins...the IV Port was nice for that drug...It is the drug that make my fingers tingle when I get cold...it also affects my throat..nothing cold...makes my voice odd too....It gets more intense over the months....With each infusion they give me that Steroid/Cortisone [Dexamethasone] infusion first...then I take pills for 3 days to combat nausea....I never have been nauseated....This drug sure makes me wired...I will have lots of energy till about Saturday...I am almost starting to like it because I can get stuff done...but don't sleep. I got some sleeping pills but still only sleep 2 hours at a time...I was awake this morning at 2 AM and really haven't slept since....Was wondering why Waldo is always up at 2 AM...What drugs is he on???

These Doctors sure have a lot of drugs to make cocktails to treat these different Cancers...Hopefully you will be cured and this will all be a distant memory.

Take care....take each day at a time....

Good luck and I hope everything goeswell for you this morning also.
I get about the same treatment of Steroid/Cortisone. The call my Benadryl. But I think it is must be about the same. They follow with the treatment right away. Theydo send me home with the nausea pills. I have to take steroids for five days after the treatment. Those things are terrible. This is the the last day for them this time around. Those things will just about turn your stomach.
Hang in there girl we're going to get through these things. Andyes the prayers are helping. Thanks everyone.Edited by: swillologist

Latest posts

Back