PRAYERS FOR SWILLOLOGIST

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NW, The "sayers" tell me I needed 8 hours of sleep a day if i expected to live to be 65 years old. The way I figured it, if I did sleep 8 hours a day and lived to be 65, I would have slept away over 21-1/2 years of my life so I figured it would be better to take something and stay awake all the time. If I didn't live but 21-1`/2 years at least i would be alert and woudn't miss anything
smiley4.gif

Swill,

Thinking of you everdayduring your treatment. Keep us posted so we can help you in anyway.
owls2.gif

Ramona

Hang in there, Swill - you're on the prayer list too. Just knowing the load is getting lighter for you makes the rest of us out here redouble our efforts in the Prayer Department!
smiley4.gif

I feel great. I think it is working. I gained another couple of pounds. Which is something I really don't need but theywant me to do that.

Tomorrow I have another treatment. Then like you thing are screwed up for awhile. I also have another scan tomorrow. Hopefully it will be good news.
I hope things are going good for you also.

swill ,my wife lite a candle for you last sunday in church and best wish to all our fellow wine makers who are under the weather,gods speed for a quick recovery................................were all part of a wine family........

Swill,

Hope all is going well and you are feeling good. I can't think of a better place to be recovering and getting well than a corn patch in Iowa.

Ramona

I don't know if that is it or not Ramoa. But something seems to be working.Inthe exam today, the Doctor thinks the swelling is going down in my glands and spleen. However the scan showed that there is still some there. He think the treatments are working though. I am still having trouble with the treatment also. I had a couple of reactions to it again today. I have to go back again tomorrow to finish this round of treatments. We will put up with that if it is work. NW life is good.

Hang in there swill. Your gonna beat this buddy
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Good luck with your treatments... Remember, we'll all here rooting for you, praying for you, sending our best to Iowa...

Swill.....
Sorry to hear your treatments are getting rough....at least it leads me to believe that they are doing something....

Glad your test showed some improvements....That is always a positive sign.

Hang in there and keep us Posted.

hey swill

we are all praying for you on this side of the country too!!!

good luck and keep looking up!!

rrawhide
smiley32.gif

Swill,
It has been a week since I posted so I want to check in on you and see how you are doing. Give us an update. Hope you are feeling up to it.

Ramona

Thanks rawhide. I sure appreciate that.
Thanks for asking Ramona! This morning I finishedwith this around of treatment. No more meds now until the next round. In a few days things will get back to what is normal now a days. It does seem to getting a little tougher with each treatment. The last one I had a couple of reactions. I am having a terrible time with the rituxan. Idon't know if the nurses in the treatment center have had anything like this. They say I'm the talk of the floor.

But I do believe that the treatments are working. I'm gaining weight back. I'm balancing between7 and 10 pounds gained right now. TheDoctor said that my glands and spleen are not a swollen. He also said that my blood count is better. I'm taking all of this as a good sign. So yes "Life is good!"

This sounds like a bad deal.......Sorry to hear about the reactions...Looks like it is another of those high potent drugs that come with side effects.....Hopefully the treatments will get better.....But if it's working, that's all that counts...just ride out the storm. The good days are a blessing, hope you are getting to sleep well, that is the best healing process.

Are you able to maintain some of your daily activities????....those are what keeps the spirit up and the spirit is the heart of the soul and life itself....Some days just going outside and getting fresh air and walking around can be very uplifting....then sometimes all I personally see is weeds and work and that's a downer.

Glad you are gaining some weight back....that is a plus, especially if you lost a lot of it...that can make you weak. What are you doing to gain the weight back???

I lost about 12 pounds, so I am bouncing around 110-112#...which isn't bad at 5'¼" tall, I like this weight, I was a little chunky before...I eat well even tho food doesn't taste good...I was weak at first, but now am stronger, try to do a little work each day to get some mussel tone back....On the plus side I went through my closet and got out 3 pairs of skinny jeans, so liked that.

Hope your nasty cancer cells are getting zapped...seems these drugs take down some good cells while they are doing their job...So hang in there and please keep us Posted on your progress....Keep up good spirits.

Life is indeed good!!!! There aren't many alternatives.

Edited by: Northern Winos

Back