Habanero Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is absolutely amazing to me. This is what I had left of my Habanero when I racked it from the fermenter to the gallon jug.

2005-11-01_180551_habaero_overflow.jpg

I was going to transfer it to a smaller container and had put the saran wrap on it until I could get a smaller bottle cleaned and sterilized but I forgot about it until this evening. Could not believe how much it had cleared. I sanitized two 375 ml bottles and racked it to them and went ahead and corked them. I had left about 1/4 tsp of the campden solution in each bottle although I do not feel it needs to be stabilized. Heck, this may turn out to be my best wine yet. What does the forum think about maybe adding a sprig or two of rosemary and basil to each bottle?

2005-11-01_180622_habanero_ovrerflow_bottled_110205.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Looking fantastic Waldo. I wonder..did you ever think of adding Oak? just curious. Maybe next time

Bill

Bill B said:
Looking fantastic Waldo. I wonder..did you ever think of adding Oak? just curious. Maybe next time

Bill

Funny you should ask that Bill. It actually crossed my mind before I corked these two bottle

Got me thinking of making some now. Maybe we can sample this at the reunion

Bill

What about putting just one cube of toasted american oak or a sprig of rosemary or a basil or bay leaf in each bottle? Maybe something different in each bottle. I think it would add a good dimensionto a cooking wine.

smiley20.gif

Waldo said:
What does the forum think about maybe adding a sprig or two of rosemary and basil to each bottle?

How about a Habanero?

How bout a Jalapeno for some additional color. Not sure what the protocol is for adding additional goodies to wine but this one did start clouding back up a bit when I added the extras. I just dipped thm in a little meta solution and put them in.

2005-11-02_154939_habanero_with_spices.jpg

Awesome Job....

I must say Waldo I am impressed with your attention to detail and ability to develop a cooking wine recipe from scratch!

I see you answering many questions from newbies in the future!

smiley9.gif
Aw shucks Masta !!
smiley9.gif
Flattery will get you everywhere
smiley36.gif
PM your address and I will send you a bottle

Isee the rosemary and the jap, but what is the orange stuff in the bottom? I don't think cloudiness wll matter in a cooking wine.

Yes, I sliced them. Could not get it through the neck whole. Here is the label I designed for my Habanero. I wanted it to convey "HOT"

2005-11-03_022103_hab_label.JPG

masta said:
Cool....kind of looks like a hand with a glove of lava!

Thanks Masta,,,gave me a great idea to improve on my label

2005-11-03_164755_habanero_label2.JPG

Latest posts

Back