Habanero Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ramrod. I have not used it yet but may try it this wekend.

Waldo,

I just finished reading through your Habanero wine topic. You are really an adventurous guy!!! Bet there is never a dull moment at your house!!!. The wine looks very interesting and pleasing to the eye. Please let us know what recipes you will use it in....and pictures!!

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Thanks All...Did not get a chance to try it out today. I did get the rest of it bottled yesterday evening and the labels put on it. I went with the 750ml bottles so I could get the hab's in the wine whole.

2005-11-05_184726_habanero_bottled_and_labeled.jpg

The ingrediants in wine are: Rosemary, Basil, Habanero's and Chili Peppers. The bottle on the leftgot the remnants of what I had left after filling the other bottles. I am not sure if it matters, but the items added have absorbed some of the wine since I bottled it lowering the level of wine in the bottle.

2005-11-05_184803_ingrediants_in_habanero_wine.jpg

They look beautiful! I would just store them on the sides like any other wine and not worry about it.

smiley32.gif

Awesome job and being able to use the peppers and herbs also for cooking in a plus!
smiley32.gif

...ok who wants to eat the wine soaked Habanero?

WaldoGreat job, That looks very hot to me. I have made some Jalapeno Wine ans is pretty good

Harry

Harry said:
WaldoGreat job, That looks very hot to me. I have made some Jalapeno Wine ans is pretty good

Harry

Thanks Harry...Do you drink the jalapeno or just use it for cooking?

Hi Waldo

I just have it in the bottle ageing.But i did taste when i bottled it, Taste pretty good & not too hot, good Jalapeno taste tho. I put on the labels (Wine maker not responsable for ulcers or burning butts) wife and kids got a kick out of that

Harry

LOL I wish I had thought and added a disclaimer like that to my label too Harry
smiley36.gif

Awesome Waldo,

The molten lava is very familiar to me. Kinda scarry where I am from...but I did "get the message" on the contents.

You can always label the backside with a disclaimer...it adds comedy and humor to the subject..

How long you plan on aging before using? I am now curious..here in Hawaii we make a "chili pepper water" that is generally used as a spice to "kick it up" on some foods. This you did I anticipate as being a "great" cooking wine.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Waldo,
Are we going to get some recipes that use the hot wine?
I'm thinking that maybe marinading for quesedilla's perhaps, or maybe prok
medalions in a wine and onion sauce?

Latest posts

Back