First Batch of Quad Berry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatud4life

Future wine & SP maker
Reaction score
Started my first batch of quad berry today. I can't wait to taste this one!!! I hope it's a hit at our little party in a couple of months!

image-1532937003.jpg

You wouldn't believe!!! I have to get our drinking habits under control and more cost effective. Lol. This is the fun stuff. Tomorrow, I have at least 4 yards to cut not including my own. Then back to work! I can't wait til next spring. I'm getting a bigger yard barn and turning half of it into my own little wine and pee escape! I'll be spending lots of time down there.

You should make the tropical variety next (banana, mango, peach, pineapple). Everyone liked that one even better than my quad berry!

Oooooooo!!!!! That will definitely be one of my next batches!!!

Is this normal looking?!?! This is about 4 1/2 hours after pitching yeast.

image-1154197422.jpg

That looks like yeast to me. Mine is fermenting like a champion right now. I'm guessing yours will be in another 12 to 24hrs.

Yeah I agree. It looks like yeast to me. I was worried that I might had killed the yeast or something accidentally. So you think it should take off in a day or so? *fingers crossed*

Hey, tatud4life! Give us a first name to work with! Every time I type tatu, I think of Fantasy Island, "Dee plane! Dee plane!" :p

What temp is your fermenter? It sure looks good, with some yeast blooming in the center! :r

Lol!!! Da pee boss! Da pee!!!!! The name is Marc. I guess I should have mentioned that a longtime ago.

The ambient temp is 72. I don't have a thermometer yet, so I'm counting on the ole heat pump to keep everything regulated. It's good to know that the yeast is blooming instead of croaking.

Ok, Marc. Is there any way for you to get that fermenter up off the floor? It should do fine at 72F, but you could get a couple more degrees if you set it up on something (something sturdy!).

Don't forget to sqeeze the bag and stir up the must real good once or twice daily! Oh, what am I saying! You know what you're doing! :D

I've got it sitting on a towel in the floor. Lol. That's really got it up in the air! I don't have anything at the moment to get it off the floor. I'm going to make myself a nice set up in the spring when my new yard barn arrives. I can't wait!

I'm no expert just yet! I'll have to get a few more batches under belt and in my belly before I can lay claim to that monicker!

6 pounds. I did squeeze the bag today when I pitched the yeast. I looked like I had murdered someone when I was done! My hands where blood red.

Sorry. I missed that this was a pee. Lol

I just racked off a 4 berry wine. I used 15 lbs triple berry and 5 lbs strawberries.

Lol! I'm using blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. I can't wait to taste it!

I'll be starting a batch of white muscadine this winter from my vines in the backyard. I can't for that. I plan on using the slurry from that to make a batch of pee.

Latest posts

Back