Filtering with the all in one questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I filtered today with the all in one and a house filter. It was kind of foamy coming out of the filter. Is that just CO2 degassing? And now that I'm done filtering, what do I do with the filter cartridge to preserve it?

Did you soak the filter prior to filtering ?
What was your entire process ?
I recommend to soak in a meta solution and then run 2 bottles thru it and pour it back into the carboy due to the high SO2 and then start bottling

What type of racking hose are you using ?

What type of filter and housing are you using - see thread -
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f71/tips-tricks-using-whole-house-filter-37737/

I do not personally recommend saving a 4 dollar filter cartridge that you can possibly ruin a expensive batch of wine in the future. Instead I recommend running several carboys thru the same filter then tossing it.

I soaked it in Star San for a few minuets and then just put the filter in line and transferred from one carboy to the other. I had marked the housing to make sure it was sealed. I flipped the housing over to get the last of the wine out. I did two six gallon batches.

I used the filter setup you recommend on your website with a one micron cartridge.

I used the hose I normally use for gravity racking and the hose that came with the pump.

Last edited:
dralarms said:
Wow, I'd never soak in anything but k-meta. And if its an early racking it could be co2. But I suspect the star San.

I also agree ^^
And 1 other thing to add as well -
If you are using a standard racking hose it will not make a tight enough seal and it will suck in air - possibly causing your bubble issue.

I don't know much about star San ?
I only use k- meta and oxy clean

Back