WMT (Unofficial) 2014 Port Wine Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it safe to assume this all entry's? I wold like to judge this weekend but will wait if others are sending in entry's

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making Talk App

Wow....what happened to all the people who committed to join???? Must be enroute. If not, buck up and get yours bottled and in the mail...we can wait!

More than happy to wait, just let us know??

If you can wait, I would still love to send out an entry. It has just been nuts lately and I have not had a chance to box one up. I could probably do that this weekend.

You got it boss
Were in no hury

Ok, make that an unofficial hold on the contest. I know our judges might have wanted to proceed this weekend, but if they will agree, we'll wait for John's entries. I can certainly understand about getting swamped by life. Get them bottles in the mail, John. We'll stand by.

Anyone else who said they were entering and needs more time, you got it. If we don't hear from you, here, we'll be proceeding after John's entries show up. That's our new deadline. Eevryone OK with this? :b

I call BS on JohnT. If he wants to enter now he needs to seed a bottle to each person that entered. After that he will spend one weekend in the opposite corner with nothing but crackers and fermented Welches.

I just traded messages with vacuumpumpman and Steve is STILL IN! He will get his samples together this weekend.

Now we have a more meaningful sample size of contestants! Any one else? Last chance.

Mark

Last edited:
Ok, waiting on our final contestants to send theirs in. Mine's just getting better every day. Delay further at your own peril! :try

Just checking in to see where we are. Any more samples received? Are the tastings this weekend?

Thanks!

Just herd from Steve via email that he is "not" participating. Sorry for the confusion....I had the impression that he was going to send samples last week. Now, if we just find out about John, we should be good to go.

I PMed John, but have not heard back. He hasn't been on since the 10th, so...

I vote "full speed ahead"....I think we've done pretty good trying to get those who originally committed to carry through. If no wine received yet (week late) AND no word, then let's go! What say Dave and judges? :)

I am away from home this weekend and most of next week but am more than happy to start the judging next weekend

Latest posts

Back