Winestock 2007 Has Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Pics Waldo but I really look old in some of them! I made it back safe and sound to RI an hour late but it is nice to be home.

Now I can go back to Pfizerin a few hoursfor a rest since George worked me like a dog for 5 days!
smiley36.gif

Glad you made it back fine Masta...It is going to be a few days to recoup from this great trip. My yard needs mowing, I need to get my family newsletter printed and mailed out, my Shiraz/Muscat volcanoed in the primary while I was gone etc, etc, etc, etc. Was it worth it......Damn right it was !!! Here are a few more pictures, will try and get the rest done tonight. Have to go to the hospital this evening after work and visit a frien who had bypass surgery while I was gone.
bd529139.jpg

7fbf6f02.jpg

7353c20f.jpg

66d32493.jpg

5f1e185f.jpg

da32ee7b.jpg

d0585111.jpg

28d5eceb.jpg

448b2b83.jpg

3d14d4a0.jpg

60645350.jpg

6a1c97b9.jpg

bac5dbd1.jpg

0031ebac.jpg

76eb7f91.jpg

88cc1bf1.jpg

b58761e6.jpg

062da720.jpg

a6f62e3b.jpg

72793061.jpg

75a779c8.jpg

7e712d32.jpg

Time to get ready for work..........More to follow.

Glad to hear that everyone is home safely! It was great seeing the old and new friends and the great variety of wines to try.
Masta did a great job with his presentation...a few more like it and he will be the next Tim Vandergrift. The food and wine paring was very well put together and very surprising when you really sit down and experience the differences in how the wines effect the food and vice versa.

George, Janna and Mark did an excellent job putting the festivities together along with the presentations. The food was fantastic....we were well fed. Weather was beautiful.

It was good to meet little Princess,,,,she is a cutie like Mom. Fantastic meeting Waldo. Seeing, Bill B, Ed (those two make me laugh). Always great to see smurfe, PeterZ helped us gain more knowledge. And enjoyed talking to stormbringer and wife, trashy and wife, Faye and husband. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone that I was able to spend a little time with.

We have been enjoying the pictures and Waldo you captured the escense of being there!!!

Great Time, Once Again.............RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

rgecaprock said:
We have been enjoying the pictures and Waldo you captured the escense of being there!!!

Be sure and check the last several photos on your camera from Saturday night............

rgecaprock said:
Masta did a great job with his presentation...a few more like it and he will be the next Tim Vandergrift.

Thanks for the wonderful compliment but even if I lived to be 150 years old I wouldn't gain evena small portion of the knowledge and experience Tim has with wine and winemaking.Edited by: masta

Yea, about those pictures, trashy.......I know I was feeling pretty good but I kind of questioned the angle....was I laying on the floor. Or did some other camera bug get ahold of my camera....lol ???

Ramona

rgecaprock said:
Yea, about those pictures, trashy.......I know I was feeling pretty good but I kind of questioned the angle....was I laying on the floor.  Or did some other camera bug get ahold of my camera....lol  ???

Ramona

I think you should post them! They were very creative! If you don't want to post, I will give you my email address because I would love to have them.

What a great time it was.....HaveI already said that ? It was so fantastic getting to meet everyone, learn all I did, swap for wines, get to experience some new wines and just by golly have a blast. All the instructional phases were excellent, well planned out andpresented.Here are a few pictures from the degassing procedures/techniques George presented and the food/wine pairings presentation. And then a few more shots of ...well, "stuff" in general. Without being there, you could never appreciate all the work and effort that went into making it the success it was. THANKS to George, Mark, Masta, PWP and everyone who helped make it as special as it was.

e8dfcd98.jpg

8a20ba1c.jpg

7cb37a43.jpg

370cf7f8.jpg

dd0a8b45.jpg

9ef2fdd8.jpg

2fd77941.jpg

a2694a3d.jpg

99ed7c1a.jpg

e2b64d76.jpg

f496251e.jpg

da94bfc3.jpg

48104fef.jpg

82f31102.jpg

4b148b39.jpg

0e13fcbc.jpg

2c906aa7.jpg

3d14d4a0.jpg

60645350.jpg

6a1c97b9.jpg

bac5dbd1.jpg

da32ee7b.jpg

50c9ef3f.jpg

639a88c7.jpg

65c656ca.jpg

88114200.jpg

f722b988.jpg

60fecb4b.jpg

88bdb51f.jpg

902ebb44.jpg

4a49a62e.jpg

a6f62e3b.jpg

062da720.jpg

88cc1bf1.jpg

Last but not least, One I left out from the beginning of the event
9d34f917.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

WOW, what a great time. Thanks to George Jenna and Mark for hosting such a great event. Masta, your presentation was excellent. Kathileen did an awsome presentation on food and wine paring. If you have never been to one, you must go. I loved it. It was goodto see Ramona, Smurfe (thanks for the cigar) PWP, Dave, Norman, Masta.Waldo, PeterZ,Patrick,TrashyI know I have forgot someone. But enjoyed meeting all. Waldo great pics my friend. PeterZ I hope I didn't cause you too many headaches (inside joke) Once again i had a blast.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

I needed a day to recoup so tonight when I get home I'll post my pictures.

Ramona

Let's see now. If there was 100 bottles to sample and you had 2ounces of each, that would be about a gallon and a half(or about7 bottles)each over two days........ So how is that a bit too much?
smiley4.gif
Let's all get those pictures labeled and in!

PWP.... You drove all the way across the country...... ALONE????????

You go girl!

That would scare the heck out of me if my wife ever did that. She's finishing up College to be a school teacher (to help me spell) and one of her last classes is 2 nights a week till 9 o:clock at night. She calls me as soon as she gets out as she is walking to her car, than my heart pounds in worry till I hear her pull in the driveway............... Cross Country?........ Don't know if I could live through that.

I had a great time on my drive! I went through small town America, stayed off the interstate as much as I could. I saw more corn, soy beans, sorghum and cattle than I ever imagined. I always had my car doors locked and except for the first night in South Dakota, only traveled during day light hours. I wouldn't trade this trip for the world!

And, if I'd flown, I wouldn't have been able to bring all the wines I did for trading. That alone made it worth the drive! I brought home 2 1/2 cases of traded "marinades" plus kits and equipment! Have Subaru, will travel!
smiley36.gif

I think thats great that you can do that.

Maybe next year a bunch of us can get together and drive there.

It's about 12 hours for the people in the NE (Like Wade, Appleman Etc...) to here, and about 12 to 15 hours from here to Waldo's. By the time we all meet at Waldo's, we'll need a couple 18 passenger vans or a school bus to get to Texas. But that would be fun!

Waldo: Who do you know that would loan about 30 winemakers a bus for a week?
smiley36.gif

Guys,

I'm trying to get my pictures posted but it is taking forever and then it went to page not found. Don't know if the problem is on my end. I will try again later if not then tomorrow.

Ramona

Back