Winestock 2007 Has Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geocorn

Vendor
Reaction score
Masta and the PolishWinePrincess are in Carrollton at my home preparing for Winestock. Preparation includes sampling wines. I hope to get something accomplished, but downing a couple of bottles may be all that gets done.

I hope all goes well in the early hours of Winestock 2007. What wines are you sampling- or did you sample when you read this? I guess we can't expect pictures because Waldo isn't there yet! You guys have fun now and we eagerly await progress reports!

Preparing for Winestock includes sampling wines!!!!!! Oh Im there next year and Ill be your biggest helper!
23_29_132.gif

I'm sure by now thesamplers' taste buds are numb and ineffective. Time to call in the reserve team.

I'll be hitting the road tomorrow morning, will get there early afternoon. If WS2007 is anything like last year it will be the best time!!!! I wish that all could be there. It's great meeting everyone and getting together, enjoying our wines and making friends for life.

Ramona

Sorry I will not be able to make the event this year but plan to next year. This weekend I am signed up for a cycling event in Waco. I leave Friday around 2pm and will return Saturday around 4pm.

I mention this because I would like to meet the folks visiting. Keep me posted if there are any "Open" events.

SBR,
I have class on Saturday, but plan to go to the Saturday night event as soon as I get back into town from Sherman.

If you're not too tired from the ride you should plan on doing the same!

I'm so pumped! My husband came home early from Kuwait on Tuesday and I get to WineStock it up on Friday! What a great week! See everyone tomorrow!

geocorn said:
Masta and the PolishWinePrincess are in Carrollton at my home preparing for Winestock. Preparation includes sampling wines. I hope to get something accomplished, but downing a couple of bottles may be all that gets done.

You should of led them both straight to your kitchen and had them prepare the meal while you poured the wine!
smiley36.gif

I am heading out somewhere around 3 AM for Winestock. I can't wait to see the group again. Had an absolutely fantastic time last year. Gonna top it this year! Look forward to seeing all of you that are coming.

I am looking forward to the event myself and will be heading out early in the morning. Making my final preprations, hoping I forget nothing. Here are some of the winesI am taking for doing swapping.
b003fdae.jpg

SomeI am taking for the Peoples Choice competition
57942a6e.jpg

And some goodies I am taking to shareat the socalizing/wine tastings.
e20414bf.jpg

Hope the Lennie Princess remembers to get the bagels
smiley2.gif

Hey Waldo! We can use those for our hotel lobby time!
smiley2.gif
I don't know if the LP will remember the bagels. That husband of hers came home on Tuesday from Kuwait and I know she's been distracted...

JWMINNESOTA said:
geocorn said:

You should of led them both straight to your kitchen and had them prepare the meal while you poured the wine!
smiley36.gif
George's wonderful wife, Janna, prepared a great meal! It was a nice, low key evening. Texas hospitality!

I really should check the forums more often. It sounds like you needed help with the sampling.

Oh well, a morning of work and then it's off to the races to pick up a pair of princesses. Does that make me a royal coachman or a tour guide?
smiley2.gif

PolishWineP said:
Hey Waldo! We can use those for our hotel lobby time!
smiley2.gif
I don't know if the LP will remember the bagels. That husband of hers came home on Tuesday from Kuwait and I know she's been distracted...

Sounds like a winner to me PWP...When does that begin? I will go ahead and bring some bagels too or just wait until I get down there. Surely there is a local bakery offering fresh baked bagels.

Wade.....The jars are habanero jelly and blackberry jelly. Both of which are lip smackers on some cream cheese with bagels or crackers. The cookies are a secret recipe of my brothers and he made the spicy pecans for me to bring also.

Back