Winestock 2007 Has Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a divorced father, I have my daughters this weekend. So I couldn't make it tonight. But I'll be there tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening. I can't wait to see the people behind the screennames. I had a brief meetiing with Masta(Scott) this afternoon when getting supplies at George's shop. I can't wait to see all of you -- which is actually later today. Gotta get some sleep.

It has been a blast thus far. New As smurfe alluded too. There were great wines abounding. Unmatched only by the quality of the people there. And perhaps the Italian food we were served for dinner ..hell, its all been good !!! They kept me up past my bedtime last night so i did not get up as early as usual but I am now ready for day two and meeting more new people. THINKING OF ALL OF YOU WHO COULD NOT ATTEND !!

Thanks Waldo, I hope you all have a good time.

NOW HOW ABOUT SOME DAMN PICTURES!!!!!!!!</font></font></font>

Edited by: jobe05

Masta is giving a presentation on pH and acid - if he had a white lab coat on the Professor illusion would be complete! Very scholarly stuff.

P.S. Rumor has it that some of the women snuck off to the Galleria mall! Scandalous!

OK, the pictures have been updated, some have even been labeled! Some have been edited. Some were removed upon further inspection (blurry, dark).

WineStock 2007

Professor Masta is now going through the different types of acid in wine. Tartaric, Malic, Citric, Lactic, etc. Lots of very knowledgeable questions and answers coming from this group. Most is over my head.....
smiley5.gif

I'm just hanging in there for the next round of tasting!

fruit flies carry acetobacter which makes acetic acid - bad acid! bad flies!

Yeah, I'm learning a lot LOL

I'm with you Trashy...waiting for wine tasting...except we're here at home.
Thanks for your tour of the festivities....will be watching for more.

Now George is demonstrating degassing methods (which is good, considering there is a room full of people who just ate spicy beans for lunch!)

ah, now I'm really learning stuff - you calibrate a hygrometer by putting it in water - it should read 1.0

Cool

George, Masta, et al,
It was so fantastic to meet everyone this evening! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet everyone, enjoy a great meal and taste some FABULOUS! wine!

I'm crossing my fingers that the next winestock isn't on a class weekend!

Thank you again!

Latest posts

Back