Winestock 2007 Has Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall Winestock was a great success and all the feedback I received was very positive. Thanks to everyone for their kind comments after my presentation and hope I was able to help folks understand how pH, acid, and SO2 is important to successful winemaking. The material I covered at Winestock will be available on the website and here on the forum shortly.

It was great to meet many new folks and everyone who attended last year. It was a great team effort to make this happen and thanks to everyone who pitched in to help.

The biggest thanks goes to George as this event takeslots of planning, time, and effort.I saw first hand what a huge effort itisto make a event like this happen and continue to keep the business running and providing all the customers the awesome service you have come to expect from FVW.

Also want to thank George's wife Janna for her wonderful hospitality and it was great to spend some quality time together eating, drinking, and talking. I do miss my sweet little wife and children so I am looking forward to getting back home late tonight.

Thanks to all again and I was glad to be a part of Winestock 2007!

Although we were very tired from the cycling event we had a great time. I had the opportunity to talk with so many wonderful folks. We are going to make great efforts to attend Georges event next year.

For those I talked with last night that were interested in the Carrollton Cycling Club here is the link. CCCEdited by: SBRanch

What a GREAT Time!!

I so enjoyed meeting, talking and sharing wine with everyone at Winestock!</font>

I want to thank George for letting me talk about one of my favorite topics: Food and Wine Pairing.</font> I had a lot of fun. His generosity in letting us have experiment as we talked was second-to-none.
smiley10.gif

And those wines! Yum, yum
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

kcd

p.s. did anyone else enjoy the Verdelho with the avacado dip, and the black beans?
smiley1.gif
Or the bread pudding with .......
smiley2.gif

OK...WALDO has made it back home.....Finally !!! My leaving last night at around midnight did not garner me the early morning return to home as I had planned due to ....Oh well, thats not important !! I am back and have downloaded the pictures from the event ( 224 of them) to my computer and the choice is now yours.
1. Wait until I can get them all edited and titled
2. To hell with that, post them and we'll figure it out

I vote you post them so we can see them, and you can go back and edit putting some names with the faces as you can(unless you are really quick)! Glad you made it home Waldo!

Welcome Home Waldo! Glad you had a safe trip regardless of how adventurous it was........................ You don't have to explain the delay in getting home, But did it involve the confiscation of Wine??????

I say since you have to resize the photo's anyways, just label them while your doing it.

We'll all just sit here and hit the refresh button .......................... sigh.......
Edited by: jobe05

What ever you choose is good for me as long as eventually they get labeled so we will know who is who. I see you left a little early, must be gettng old!
smiley36.gif
We had a Octoberfest party down here in my town that I was at all day.

Waldo....the PhotoBucket now has a Bulk Uploader...that will be a great help to speed things up....

Glad you made it there, had a great time and got home safe and sound.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

OK....Here they come folks..........Will have to post these as i get them done. Hope you enjoy them and they are not necessarily in order of events either.
ba1afe8a.jpg

ead358b7.jpg

9cc0e187.jpg

53530498.jpg

6b2167c1.jpg

7f862ea1.jpg

11173e17.jpg

f9ecf2dc.jpg

2024fb85.jpg

956fec2e.jpg

86c2dad1.jpg

8ea48310.jpg

c7b9c66f.jpg

70de5875.jpg

f4d7acba.jpg

42d91468.jpg

cdde270b.jpg

f7ce2a63.jpg

9d35ab89.jpg

18a9ecc2.jpg

bb39c166.jpg

3015ab9f.jpg

0b828361.jpg

4260aa7f.jpg

46488172.jpg

1e177563.jpg

dcfafb7a.jpg

d3301470.jpg

f1f29c8a.jpg

233367d8.jpg

3c93063b.jpg

7e9711ab.jpg

362ce2d5.jpg

a815b164.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

If you think the home winemaker is not concerned with acid, ph, ta then think again..Mastas presentation was fantastic and the intensity of the faces during the class was a great indicator that Masta had evedryones attention on a subject important to all of us.
ae032075.jpg

cf9f9562.jpg

73eef1c8.jpg

f0406b84.jpg

16f5929a.jpg

cf9f9562.jpg

84c863d9.jpg

9a80ef1b.jpg

More to follow tomorrow folks......I am pooped and about ready to call it a day.

Very Nice Waldo and thanks to all for helping us less fortunate souls with pics and captions. Masta, it ooks like you have em all in deep thought and wondering if they should all open all their bottles they have at home and retest them!

Edited by: wade

Thanks Waldo, those are nice pictures and gives us less fortunate a feeling of being there. Looks like all enjoyed themselves.

Thank You, Waldo....that was great......

Get a good nights sleep...Will set my alarm clock for 1:30 AM and be looking for more photos as soon as you get your butt out of bed.

Gee, I look far too serious up above. Great job Masta. I had a great time at Winestock and enjoyed meeting so many of you. Hopefully, next year I can attend all sessions of Winestock, including Friday night. Thank you George for a wonderful time.

I believe that DFW is the guy holding his nose...Just guessing from previous pics I've seen of him. Am I right?

Great pics Waldo! Thanks for sharing with those of us who could not be there.

This weekend was a blasty and I hope to bring my husband next time. I will have also made some of my own wines by then and hopefully more stuff will make sense. Next time I should be able to make it through all of the scientific talk without doing the "head-bob" because I will know what it's relating to!!! I apoligize Masta, I did my best to concentrate, but all that left brain talk sent me into a zone.
smiley9.gif

Latest posts

Back