Wine racks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking for everyone's designs for wine racks, I want to build my mother a nice wine rack for Christmas. I would like it to hold around 50 bottles.

Thanks

Grant

Grant, I really dont use plans. I just wing it, I measured a bottle, multiplied that by how many I wanted in each row and gave it a tad extra spce to accomodate a few different size bottles, and then gave it a little extra room in height also.

20071118_140219_Cellar_6.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies, I will take some photos of the finished products

Grant

Here is a picture of the completed wine rack. Mad it out of laminated pine shelving. It will hold 80 bottles of wine. My mom asked if it was going to be filled when delivered, lol. Thanks again for the ideas.

Grant
20071227_164835_Wine_rack_small.JPG

Good job Grant. Now get busy and fill it up! Looks like it holds about 80 bottles- or 3 batches minus samples! If you worry about it getting bumped and tipping over- use a stud finder to locate a stud near the middle. Drill a hole though the underside of the top rail at that stud and put a screw through into the stud about an inch and a half.

Wow! Those are all beautiful! My cardboard wine boxes just don't have the same look, ya know?
smiley19.gif

Latest posts

Back