What R you DRINKING today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a pint of Hennessy Privledge VSOP
I have a half rack of Alashan Amber beer
But I'm drinking on a Washington Hills Late Harvest Riesling 2008

Good shtuff :d

2009 Limited Release Californian Hightail Merlot from RJ Spagnols.

Can You Say MMMMMMMMMM!!!

This wine still needs a bit more time in hibernation but preliminary tasting has this one coming out a gold medal winner!

Digger

drinking WINE of course..
In fact its 2 different ones
1 CA Viognier
2 Pear

Just popped the cork on a 2008 Tannat Merlot. Man its been awhile since Ive popped a cork on this and its niiiiiiiiice!

me, the first of the peach i made a few months ago...checking it out and it's not too bad:)
hubby, sundrop and woodford

Started with Lanakugle ? then Summet pale ale (two beers from Minnisota) ending with four different wines

I am sampling splits of my:
LOVZ - Sel. Estate series, about 12 months old
Cal Pinot Noir - Cru Select, about 13 months old
South African Cab Sauv - 2009 LE, about 19 months old
Dolcetto - 2009 LE, about 12 months old
to see what I can offer tomorrow for Thanksgiving family gathering. So far the LOVZ is very good, the Pinot Noir is still a little harsh and haven't got to the other 2 yet.

I'm drinking a bottle of Runninwolf's Riesling/Traminer. Did I say bottle, yes that is right the whole bottle. Great weekend buy whoa glad that is done.

I wasnt that happy with the OCP. I did that one and the White Chocolate Port and the White Choc is much better IMO. I didnt find any Orange flavor at all in mine and I love Chocolate covered oranges. The CRP and WCP are way better to me. I havent tried one in at least a year though so maybe it came around.

It was because my wife loves that orange chocolate thingy you get at christmas time that she picked this kit. After I ordered it I started reading all the rave's about the chocolate/raspberry. It certainly costs enough that I hope she's happy with it. Would you recommend adding an orange brandy liquor to it? http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDetA.asp?PartNumber=19236
Which leads me to another question. If I made a wine I added chocolate to, could I add this to get an orange flavor added to it?

Bottled my first batch of Skeeter Pee (I call it "Pop's Curiously Strong Lemonade"). Couldn't resist, so I'm enjoying a glass over ice right now -- it's really quite good!

Bottled my first batch of Skeeter Pee (I call it "Pop's Curiously Strong Lemonade"). Couldn't resist, so I'm enjoying a glass over ice right now -- it's really quite good!

I'm enjoying the "less than full bottle" remains of a gooseberry I bottled yesterday. First time I've made gooseberry and it is really pleasant. I used the slurry to make a batch of gooseberry Skeeter Pee too. That's really good too. It's my last batch of SP for the season. I keep it around for people who want to try it even in the cold months in Minnesota.
froid-brrr-45.gif

Hi Runninwolf,

I start it sometime early July so it has sat in the carboy for about 3 months or so. It is very good right now although the guy at my LWS told me to wait another 3 - 6 months after I bottled for it to really get good.

Latest posts

Back