What R you DRINKING today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Runninwolf,

I start it sometime early July so it has sat in the carboy for about 3 months or so. It is very good right now although the guy at my LWS told me to wait another 3 - 6 months after I bottled for it to really get good.

and were you able to taste the orange and chocolate? Thanks

Yes I can taste them both... the orange more so than the chocolate. I am hoping that as it ages the chocolate emerges a bit more

Damn, I want to open a bottle of that port now to try it again but I have such a head cold right it would be senseless. Dan, pm me your address as its time I start sending out some bottles to those I owe and Ill include one of these in here thats about 3 years old along with a few others.

Whoa... somebody get me in on this bottle exchange... although I only have the Choc. Or. Port at the moment and it really hasn't aged much..... keep me in mind though I will have lots to share in the future. I have 30 gallons aging and I am starting some cider or hard lemonade soon

...It's my last batch of SP for the season. I keep it around for people who want to try it even in the cold months in Minnesota.

Since our winters in south Louisiana are only about 3 days in January, I expect that we'll enjoy lots of SP for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and more.

Yes I can taste them both... the orange more so than the chocolate. I am hoping that as it ages the chocolate emerges a bit more
I opened a bottle of this for Thanksgiving yesterday. It is 44 months old and the chocolate is quite dominant now, just a trace of the orange. And it is oh so smooth; regretfully I only have 3 bottles left.
Just started the new WE Blackberry Port and look forward to that down the road.

Just opened a bottle of Hennessy Privilege Cognac for a taste.

I just polished off my first bottle of this a few days ago, myself. After being a fan of hennessy for a few years now, i was impressed by the Privilege

well went thru and sampled my red muscadine,my bronze muscadine and had to get a another sample of my damson plum. I even got another snip of my fortified petit verdot it's already starting to meld good with the everclear no bite at all even though it's at 40% still just as smooth as silk thuogh it seems the peppery taste is getting more pronounced

For those who read my bad wine tread, I'm drinking it tonight...an extra month of aging made a world of difference!!! :r:try

It might actually turn out to be a 2-3 bottle night :)

Can't say I saw the thread, but glad it turned out ok. Just goes to show that it gets better with age.

:dg

Removed the Niagara and Concord from cold storage and racked. Installed a Whirlpooh central water filtration system in my house. It took most of the day but that included two trips to Lowes about 17 miles away. Damn this better work.

sweetened my skeeter, I had about 3/4 gallon over...working on that atm....might noe be able to type anymore in the near future!:b:ib:dg

Latest posts

Back