What R you DRINKING today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But who's counting

Counting Calories
For a 3.5 oz. glass of wine, which most
consider to be a “full glass”, the alcohol
provides around 80 calories. A 12 oz.
beer has around 146 calories, whereas
a 2.5 oz. shot of rum, vodka, etc. has
around 100-120 calories. Now, wouldn’t
you rather have that “glass” of
wine?

Not today since it's only 9:38 am here but yesterday I had the organic wine I said i wanted to try and some Gewurztraminer .I might as well say already what I will be drinking later since i will have to sample after i filter my mezza luna & SP .

Jeannie and I just finished dinner and a bottle of Runningwolf Cellars 09 Vidal and it was great:try.

Dan, "you da man" :d:d:br.

I guess what everyone is saying is that if I'm going to enjoy a "Bottle" of wine, I should cut out the dessert!

And I wondered why the scales are slowly creeping up!

Drinking Trio Blanc and it turned real good. We missed the heavy rains in the south and the snow in the north this week. YEAAAAAA

I didn't miss the rain but it wasn't heavy just study all morning and now, this afternoon the sun did come out for a while.

Glad to hear you are finally drinking the Trio have you tried your blackberry yet?

G, I can't believe you have gotten off your bike long enough not only to eat but to come to winemakingtalk! :p

yeah I know I've been a bit AWOL Julie..

It'll be wet and miserable soon enough for us on the bottom of the planet and I'll spend my days hunched over the computer drooling at all the fresh fruit you lot are converting into alcohol.

...you guys are handling everything so well, I figure I can enjoy the last of the dry weather for riding.. you don't need me.....

not really....

( goes off to polish her bike )

:p

Allie

LOL, you are right your days are numbered, keep riding.

Dan, the blackberry is pretty good, actually it tastes a lot like the blackberry that I just made from jam. The Trio was my favorite but I did like the Chenin Blanc, also.

Last night had a bottle of the Barolo we bottled back in November.....and then rebottled in January. Young but VERY full bodied and flavorful. Really opened up after decanting and getting some good air. The next 28 bottles will be a treat to drink over then next few years

I think the Trio is definitely one that needs to age .I tried a bottle of ours a month after we bottled it and could see a real difference from when it aged a month in the carboy before we bottled it .So I hope it gets better .

LOL, you are right your days are numbered, keep riding.

Dan, the blackberry is pretty good, actually it tastes a lot like the blackberry that I just made from jam. The Trio was my favorite but I did like the Chenin Blanc, also.

I think you're just sucking up knowing you're going to see me again. I think you guys need to plan a road trip real soon. Maybe when Walkers get their fresh rhubarb in.

I think you're just sucking up knowing you're going to see me again. I think you guys need to plan a road trip real soon. Maybe when Walkers get their fresh rhubarb in.

Well of course :D I'm keeping an eye on Walkers and yes we will be making a trip up there pretty soon.

Notta tonight as I had 2 more shots in my back tonight and feeling kind of loopy! think the dac gave me something different this time as it usually just hurts and never have any effects other then sore in that area afterwards. I dont think this and alc would mix very well.

Wade I too feel your pain. I too have back problems and the only thing helping me right now is finishing off the left overs of bottling last years chardonnay juice wine (regina I think). And the cc wash. cab. kit I made last year. I need to quit thinking everythings ok after I see the back doctor on saturday and then doing "hero" things the next day. This body just doesn't recover near as well as it did 30 years ago.

Back