What R you DRINKING today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'did ask!, a nice glass of chilled pink!, more?, OK:h

5ltr WGJ
2ltr RGJ
2ltr cranberry&raspberry
1ltr Pomegreat juice drink
2ltr Guava juice
1pt tetley tea (3 tbags to a pint)
6lb 9oz sugar
5 lvl tsp nutrient
Bourgovin RC212 yeast
5 tsp Pectolase
water to 5 imperial gallons
(all measures imperial)

mix im up an watch im go!, ready to drink in 30 days, gets better in 3 weeks, does not improve or keep too well after 12 months but it's not meant to be a keeper, just a nice quaffing wine.:h

Wife and I shared a bottle of Vino Italiano Moscato with dinner. Must say it tastes nothing like a Moscato, but is a very easy drinking light white wine.. After dinner opened a bottle of my newly bottled Ice Wine.. MMMMM.. Good stuff!

A nice cool glass of "Woodfordes" "Great Eastern" ale, might be havin another quite soon:h

Tamping gravel and spreading sand so I can hopefully get started on the patio. The rain yesterday put a real damper on my plans. I was hoping ot be done spreading gravel yesterday. Still have 1/2 truck to unload. Will start that at 7

Being the wife only takes a sip to taste anything when I offer it, I'm the only one drinking in the house. Night before I drank a bottle of merlot, and got a good buzz on.
So last night I gave it a break and only drank ice tea.
I sure did notice all my aches and pains going to bed without a drink or two.

Drinking on some Magic Hat #9 which is finally kegged and carbed now and tasting mighty fine although I think I will add just a smidge more apricot flavoring to it.

It's a beautiful day here and some buds on the trees. Sitting on the deck drinking Ceasars with some friends after a nice meal of veal.

Well my wife offered to have a small reception for a lady that she works with that had a piano recital at the local university. House was filled with a buch of loud little old ladies. I pulled out all the Island Mist I didn't care too much for. After they laft some more friends came over and we pulled out the good stuff. The new Mystic Sky (Niagara/Cranberry) was awesome. What did I drink? Freaking everything:dg:ib

Well tonight we drank a bottle of Trio Blanca from RunningWolf Cellars. Normally we have a glass with dinner but this wine went very well with the pizza we had for supper so we drank the whole bottle. The wine was crisp, very clear with faint hints of mellon and apple and a very slight hint of spice(pepper?) finish. Since we drank the whole bottle in one sitting, I guess it would be safe to say that we really enjoyed it but I must say it really was not comparable to the chunky wine that I had a few months ago. :i

The other night we bought a bottle of commercial wine to side by side taste test against my Bergamais, and my wine won out. :) It was a confidence booster. Tonight will be a sample of the welches white grape/peach That I made before christmas.

The other night we bought a bottle of commercial wine to side by side taste test against my Bergamais, and my wine won out. :) It was a confidence booster. Tonight will be a sample of the welches white grape/peach That I made before christmas.

I think you are going to like the the grape/peach. I made a gallon batch of that and it went very fast.

a nice glas of chianti sitting on the new patio with a candle burning. Too bad everyone is asleep and I have to enjoy it by myself.

Isn't this sometimes the best time though. Of coarse this is when you'll see a falling star or meteorite and no one else to share the moment with.

Isn't this sometimes the best time though. Of coarse this is when you'll see a falling star or meteorite and no one else to share the moment with.

and that may just be the reason you saw it. Its still about 70 here now. Getting another glass and the power cord now. My wife woke up, came down and went back to bed.

It's so peaceful out here now.

Latest posts

Back