What R you DRINKING today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a glass of Muscadine Blend. Sure is good. Needs to age a bit more but it sure is good. Going to have another glass with our philly cheese wraps tonight.

And a glass with dessert...

and a glass while checking email...

and a glass while watching American Idol...

and a glass before bed....

BUT.... you only had "a glass"...

Debbie

Tonight was a whiskey night, been redoing the carpet on my boat for the last 3 days, have about four hours left tomorrow. Maybe I can relax a little after that, wanting to try the mix of Cranberry and Niagara that Dan told me about some time ago, tomorrow I will celebrate. LOren

J. Bookwalter Subplot 23.

This is their inexpensive NV blend. OMG........

Not sure why I even bother........... :p

And a glass with dessert...

and a glass while checking email...

and a glass while watching American Idol...

and a glass before bed....

BUT.... you only had "a glass"...

Debbie

The trick is to never let the glass get empty, therefore you only had one glass. Well the glass turned into a bottle then we came home from the park and another glass was shared with a neighbor which meant another bottle had to be opened. Finishing that now and going to bed.

My wife Jeannie and I enjoyed a bottle of Dan's (Runningwolf) Trio Blanco with dinner tonight. With a SG of .99 it was a little dry for me but good none the less. I did hear Jeannie utter the phrase "da*n thats good" :h:d

Drinking a glass of Choke Cherry/Cherry/Elderberry boy am I liking this, it has a sweet and smoking taste and I have know idea where that is coming from but boy is this awesome. I made 5 gallons from Juicy Juice cherry, 7 #'s of choke cherries and thirds of elderberries.

A bottle of my MM Renaissance Aussie Sauvignon Blanc with grilled (wild) Alaskan Silver Salmon, garlic smashed potatoes with the skins, and steamed asperagus. :p

Cruising through my local shop's wine section, I found a few hungarian wines in with the spanish wines, which seems to be a catch-all aisle anyways. It's a wine called "Bull's Blood", and I have to say it's pretty good. I hope they keep stocking it.

Here's a little info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egri_Bikavér

Oh, and it goes well with a little Skyrim on the Xbox360, but really almost any wine does.

My Bride and my Daughter split a bottle of Pinot Grigio for lunch and I racked 19 gallons of Old Vine Zinfandel, which required some QA! I would have to say it has a bright future if it is able to hide from me.

2009 blueberry ....which I enjoy immensely. Next up will be a 2009 blueberry melomel which I like equally well.I've been very pleased with both, and have enjoyed the comments when given as gifts.

Julie...just looking back through the thread....the cherry/choke cherry/elderberry sounds so good.I will put something like that on my list.I plan on a sour cherry wine/melomel next. I'm looking for another type of cherry to ferment with it.

Back