What R you DRINKING today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a bottle of Julie's Riesling with our pork tenderloin dinner. Very good, Julie. Was it a kit (which one), or a favorite recipe?

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Flem. No, not a kit, it was a concentrate I got from homewinery.com. Glad you liked it.

Just a little bit of everything today. Had a glass of Edlerberry, then backsweerened a bottle of elderberry blue berry to 1.006, very good by the way. Racked off the chablis after cold stabilizing, flat tasting, added a touch of acid blend, poured what was left in the carboy to a class. Racked the Malvasia and added remaining to chablis from above, very good flavor. Poured a glass of the ohsogood ruby cabernet. after thiss going to bed.

Last edited:
damson plum bottled it today and working on my 3rd glass dang it's stronger toward the bottom on the carboy

Cherry Wine, DAM this is good, 2 glasses down and I'm thinkin a third glass is on it's way.

Mountain Dew. Thinking about some blackberry wine though. Such a long day at work I don't feel like getting up to get it.

this morning hehehe (while racking) I had some orange wine Yumm.. and also some strawberry SP.. Yumm.. it will be better when I backsweeten it...

2nd glass of a very young backsweetened concord wine. I think by next fall this will be nice wine!

First taste of my strawberry chocolate wine. Filtered today as it was near crystal clear on its own. A touch on the week side for berry flavor, but for a young and dry (.992) wine fairly smooth. Will be balancing with an f-pack tomorrow making from 8 pounds of fruit. Was a 4 gallon 12 pound with 2 concentrated daquery batch to begin. All the fruit the store had on hand. This wine had the yeast pitched on 1-22-11 and settled on its own in a remarkable time. Of coarse I did add bentenite and p-enzyme into the primary. Added the same to my skeeter pee made from this slurry and it settled out just as fast! Think I learned a new trick.:try

Drinking an Elderberry,Blueberry mix that is about two months old three at the most

Drinking an Elderberry,Blueberry mix that is about two months old three at the most

How does that taste? I have some elderberries in the freezer, not enough to make a 5 gallon batch so I was thinking of blending it with blueberries, would be intersted in knowing if it is worth doing.

How does that taste? I have some elderberries in the freezer, not enough to make a 5 gallon batch so I was thinking of blending it with blueberries, would be intersted in knowing if it is worth doing.

I think it is a pretty good blend it was about a 50/50 blend it was just an experiment when I did it I had two partial bottles that I combined and it turned out good

Thanks, I am going to go for it, I started a blueberry/pomegrante boy does that have a nice taste to it.

My Elderberry Blueberry blend ad 18 lbs of Elderberry and 12 lbs of BlueBerry. It was pretty good, I have a 6 gallon batch. I back sweetened it to 1.006 for starters. I'll be sampling here soon.

Latest posts

Back