What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from work. Planning a nap, then food, then working on the new fence. After that waxing and labeling a few cases of mead. All interspersed with copious amounts Elderberry Port. :dg

Got my newphone today and then went to get a memory card for it and no ones sells them around here so had to oder it off a website. Everyone sells these phones around ere but no one has the memory card for it! Ugggggg!

Congrats you 2. Andy, this whole month so far has been like that. This is the 3rd phone in about 1 1/2 weeks that Im on now. The first one the speaker went on in 1 week, taliked to AT&T for about an hour and finally they said they would ship us a new phone. After 3 days that came and the liquid indicator dot was off color meaning it had been subject to over heating or water damage so finally I said send us all new phones as my wife wanted the same phone I was going to have so after another 2 hours on the phone they decided to send out a totally different set of phones. they came in and none of the stoes that sell the phones sell and memory cardsfor this phone nor any cell cases or data wires. Like you said Im not even going to get into my work days lately!!!!

Doug, depending on how much you need you can get 25# poxes of granulated sugar from GFS at a great price. I tend to go thru it quick so I started buying it there. They have several types of sugar so make sure if you go you get the granulated kind. First aisle on left.

Doug, depending on how much you need you can get 25# poxes of granulated sugar from GFS at a great price. I tend to go thru it quick so I started buying it there. They have several types of sugar so make sure if you go you get the granulated kind. First aisle on left.

We usually grab it at Costco. Won't be going there til later in the weekend though.

I think Costco has the 25 lbs for around $9-$10

Have the first 9 lbs of Elderberries steamed and have just under a gallon of juice. Working on the remaining 11 lbs now. I think I ended up with more juice from the previous batch of berries I steamed. Had close to 1 1/2 gallons from that. I may end up with 2 gallons total from the 20 lbs which is about correct according to what I saw posted on the WV Elderberry page.

We'll see.

Picking up more realemon on the way home... Wow that first batch is going quick :)

Also sitting around wondering where I went wrong...Here I thought with 2 primaries and 6 carboys... I'd be golden...But doing some racking last night = needing to do some quick turnarounds on carboys...

Spent all day in town with my mother. First of all her first Dr.s appointment since she fell two weeks ago.
Needless to say,,,,,,
I HATE THE ARROGANCE OF DOCTORS!
Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant visit.
The lunch, shopping and the neccesities to get her out of the house for a day.
It was good to get home, have dinner and open up a bottle. Tonight, I needed a little bit higher ABV than my wine offers.
Self-prescribed anti-depression medication...

Submitted my resignation at my weekend full time job. Told them I'd substitute enough to keep my certifications.
Since I'll be on vacation next weekend, this is technically my last weekend working.
It's a little scary changing jobs but it's a move forward and a huge salary increase and better benefits , hours and perks.

Submitted my resignation at my weekend full time job. Told them I'd substitute enough to keep my certifications.
Since I'll be on vacation next weekend, this is technically my last weekend working.
It's a little scary changing jobs but it's a move forward and a huge salary increase and better benefits , hours and perks.

yaaah dan! congrats. i've been blessed and only changed my job 3 times, and that's still within the same institution, in 24 years, but i've learned so much at each "stop", that i can see the good along the way.

I'm starting to go absolutely crazy..
My daughter and G-son's went home Thursday, but left behind the dog they took from us in November.
Now we have both sisters and their brother.
Of course, one of the girls was in the middle of her first heat and he immediately went insane with the thoughts of love. Now the second girl, who is going to be the alpha female of the bunch has decided to get in on the fun.
It's a chore keeping them seperated, and then listening to the barking when they are.
But, I love my Boston Terriers, so I'll survive. I'll just be a little bit crazier from it all!

At work. Check the jalepeno wine before I left. It's still bubbling but more slowly. I think after it's finished I'll end up with 3/4 of a gallon.
It is hot!!!
Got a call from Midwest saying my frozen pail of Cabernet sauvignon will ship on Monday.

I'm starting to go absolutely crazy..
My daughter and G-son's went home Thursday, but left behind the dog they took from us in November.
Now we have both sisters and their brother.
Of course, one of the girls was in the middle of her first heat and he immediately went insane with the thoughts of love. Now the second girl, who is going to be the alpha female of the bunch has decided to get in on the fun.
It's a chore keeping them seperated, and then listening to the barking when they are.
But, I love my Boston Terriers, so I'll survive. I'll just be a little bit crazier from it all!

Do you plan on breeding her is that why you didn't get her fixed yet ? Today is on last day off then back to the grind again .I'm liking my job less & less all the time .I just have to keep remembering why I'm working . Anyways it's a beautiful day here so think i will spend some time outside .

Back