What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to go absolutely crazy..
My daughter and G-son's went home Thursday, but left behind the dog they took from us in November.
Now we have both sisters and their brother.
Of course, one of the girls was in the middle of her first heat and he immediately went insane with the thoughts of love. Now the second girl, who is going to be the alpha female of the bunch has decided to get in on the fun.
It's a chore keeping them seperated, and then listening to the barking when they are.
But, I love my Boston Terriers, so I'll survive. I'll just be a little bit crazier from it all!

Im so lucky, my dogs dont bark when in heat. she just lies around looking pouty while he lays on the other side of the baby gate literally moaning! the moaning only lastes for a week and real quiet so its ok, we just laugh at the "horn dog" and he looks all sad....

****EPIC FAIL****

Rainbow , our female english lab was cleared this past spring for another litter well i decided i did not want another litter till next summer...

well husband of mine had other plans cuz with her last heat he FELL ASLEEP and forgot to put up the baby gate LMAO!!!

we have been playing the lets wait and see game

yesterday while lieing against me, her tummy rolled and moved......its either puppies or REALLY bad gas......please let it be puppies LMAO!!!

so any bets on how many?? they only hooked up once so im gonna say 7....my daughter called 8.....(after saying a hundred and one.......*sigh*)

shes due any time in the next 3 weeks...

This is Daddy Dog (Tibby) and one of his sons from the First litter (Doc)....please excuse the state of the floor, with 11 puppies i had bigger messes to clean LMAO

P1010044.jpg

Last edited:
Darlene, we always try to let the girl have at least one litter. It's our belief that being a mother inhances her life to a certain extent, just like it does a woman's life.
But we have never gone overboard.
We started with one male and one female, years ago.
They had one litter, 2 males and 1 female.
That was over a period of 13 years. Never spayed or neutered, just careful mom and pop watching. The two orginal pets have been gone now 5 years.
We sold the 2 males, kept the female.
Had one liter with her, 1 male and 1 female.
We kept both of them. Now that second generation female was put down just last year. Close to twelve years old.
So her female, the third generation has had one litter, which our three are the pups. The fourth generation with our females.
Now my youngest daughter and SIL have third generation female and male with them. Plus a fourth generation female by pick of the litter with the third generation male.
It's a little confusing, but we keep track of it pretty well. In the beginning, they were papered, but with so few litters we don't worry about papers, just keeping the blood line pure by using pure males and females when necessary.
The male my daughter left, is just as loving as his great grandfather, Piglet.
They are well cared for, just like my children.

we let our breed every 2 years and when the vet says no more or she hits 4 litters she is DONE wichever is first. we absolutly love the English Lab breed, and have sold all the puppies for less that what other breeders sell, but we know we wont make money, we know we will loss money LOL! I always tell people never ever breed from money cuz unless you a puppy mill it wont happen!! I may keep a girl out of the little this time but will more than likley not. We have a close set of friends who will be recieving a puppy for christmas (much to her dismay LOL) but their son LOVES our dogs and the Dad Loves them as well. She has said she just doesnt wanna potty train so we are gonna train the dog first LOL!

Just drinking Homebrew watching the Little League World Series

Just got home and checking the Winetalk forum. Then watch the Phillies kick Wash's butt. :b

Just got home myself from work and the dump where I picked up another 5 cases of empties. Will clean and delabel them tomorrow after hopefully doing some elderberry picking finally.

Bottled Black Cherry/Blueberry and transferred Strawberry Breeze (Julie's Recipe) to Secondary (actually moved it from bucket to carboy at 1.030... i had to get an open carboy).

Maybe gonna start on a drupe cocktail (just not using all of the same fruit- mix of peach, nectarine, and plum) this evening.

Oh by the way, its official! Im getting old as I had to purchase a set of reading glasses! :(

Oh by the way, its official! Im getting old as I had to purchase a set of reading glasses! :(

oh, no wade...advice from hubby...buy multiple pair! he keeps one set by the computer, one in the truck, and TRIES to keep one set on his head, but they are the ones that get misplaced, lol

I did buy 2 pair cause I have to have one pair to see the other! hehehe, Im not that bad but I have to admit that reading instructions on my new phone was nearly impossible and it reall p''''d me off. I will keep one pair next to my computer and te other in my car or work and just in case the pair at home gets lost. At least with the computer you can just go to View and zoom in.

Waiting to hear what if anything is wrong with my son's GF..She has been having rth flank pain for 2-3 weeks, went to primary care dr.said nothing wrong at er now.

Having elderberry and waiting word.

Can't start second batch of elderberry yet. Water dept has issues. Water is safe to drink but has funny smell and taste. May be buying h2o from giant eagle for this.

I did buy 2 pair cause I have to have one pair to see the other! hehehe, Im not that bad but I have to admit that reading instructions on my new phone was nearly impossible and it reall p''''d me off. I will keep one pair next to my computer and te other in my car or work and just in case the pair at home gets lost. At least with the computer you can just go to View and zoom in.

join the club i have 3 pairs of readers 1by computer and another in each car. And to top it off today i was racking my peach wine and i was on my cell and went to clip it back on my belt i heard a thump and guess what it fell into my peach wine . so i dryed it off and dryed the battery it worked for awhile . i tried recharging battery that didn't work so i bought a new phone

Reading glasses!!!!
Heck, I've been sporting bifocals now for almost 15 years! I need to get them changed again. It's been two or three years and I can't read the date on a penny again.
Thankfully the real old ones have the wheat back.

I've been wearing glasses all my life. Once I have some extra cash, I'm going to get that laser treatment

Latest posts

Back