What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive had many froends have the laser, one had it done as long as 6 years ago..no doc every told any of them it had to be redone, they were all told it was pretty much permanent but eyes DO degenerate over time , so it would make sense that if a person who has steady declining sight had it done it would improve their sight but the normal degridation may stil occur ...

picked &froze 36 lbs of blueberries.was wondering if theres a time limit on how long you can keep them frozen before you make wine with them?

Today I picked up a Portuguese floor corker and I corked 6 gal of reisling, started a mead and also a mezza luna

I finally just finished washing all the bottles Ive been geting over the last month. I dont want to see another commercial bottle for at least 3 months! Delabelled and washed 133 today and they are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as lazer eye surgery goes I only know ne person who had t done about 2 years ago and they already need it done again as he was wearing glasses the other day which made me ask himwhy he was doing so. He didnt say if it was something that needed to be redone every so often but knowing that it surely dterred me from even thinking of it.

Today I picked up a Portuguese floor corker and I corked 6 gal of reisling, started a mead and also a mezza luna

where did you sit your corker down? On the counter to make it easier? :)

I finally just finished washing all the bottles Ive been geting over the last month. I dont want to see another commercial bottle for at least 3 months! Delabelled and washed 133 today and they are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as lazer eye surgery goes I only know ne person who had t done about 2 years ago and they already need it done again as he was wearing glasses the other day which made me ask himwhy he was doing so. He didnt say if it was something that needed to be redone every so often but knowing that it surely dterred me from even thinking of it.

I have about 25 cases left that are cleaned and ready to go for this fall and another 20 or so cases rinsed and separated but color that need delabeled. I'll probably pick up another 30-50 cases after the wine festival. If anyone in the area needs any bottles let me know.
As far as Lazar surgery goes, I know quiet a few people that have had it done and they all swear by it and encourage me to get it done. Yes, everyone of them need reading glasses but not glasses for anything else.

Need to stop and pick up some bottled water today so I can start my elderberry. We are having issues with our water in the area. It has a funny smell and taste to it and they say it's an algae issue due to high temps and low rainfall recently. Water company says it's safe to drink but not sure I want to make wine with it.

UGH feeling like crud, wanna go crawl into a hole not go fill out new hire paperwork and see a doc to clear me to work LOL! oh well hope its over fast so i can get home and find a hole to crawl into

Stirred my storebought grape/blueberry/cranberry juice wine this morning. Put it together and pitched the yeast in it yesterday. Looks like it is going to town nicely.

Storebought juice wine bubbling  day 1  8 23 10 004.jpg

I really need to go to Carraba's to check on my bottle can and see if there are any saved,,
but I'm sitting here watching it rain and the ride on the bike will be a wet one...
I'll just have to suck it up and go!
Bottled my Loquat last night and it turned out pretty good. Golden color in the bottles but clear.

where did you sit your corker down? On the counter to make it easier? :)

I have about 25 cases left that are cleaned and ready to go for this fall and another 20 or so cases rinsed and separated but color that need delabeled. I'll probably pick up another 30-50 cases after the wine festival. If anyone in the area needs any bottles let me know.
As far as Lazar surgery goes, I know quiet a few people that have had it done and they all swear by it and encourage me to get it done. Yes, everyone of them need reading glasses but not glasses for anything else.

I have a small rolling stool that I sit on and for now the corker just sits on the floor. The stool keeps me low enough not to feel any back pain. However I have back pain everyday from work.

Had some good friends over. They helped delabel, clean and sanitize 5 cases of bottles.
Bottled 6 gallons of california red zinfandel and 6 gallons of merlot.

Those are good friends to have! It would have to be my least fave job...
I'm about to start skeeter Pee with fresh lemons, wish me luck

I just cleaned the kitchen and I will be cleaning a few pounds of chokecherry for a future batch of wine, roasting my heirloom tomatoes along with garlic, onions and carrots to make some Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup that I will put into the pressure canner. I've got sheets and towels drying on the clothesline. I hope it doesn't rain, if it does, I will sort and inventory my food storage, if it doesn't, I'll brave the mosquitoes (with the help of DEET) and see what I can harvest from the garden.

Cut out of work at 10:30 to go riding with my nephew before he goes back to England where he is stationed while in the Air Force. After meeting my wife for lunch we did a 50 mile ride before going home. Although the weather was overcast and threatening rain all day it turned out to be a great day.

After dinner I pitched the yeast in my 6 gallon batch of elderberry. Looks like it is starting to work already.

Latest posts

Back