What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another full day of work tomorrow but maybe I can finally squeeze in the Eldeberry picking Sunday.

hurry up Wade, not sure on where your season is at but ours is coming to an end. I still need to get some from my brother but he says his is just becoming ripe. So far I have 40 pounds and should get another 30 or more pounds from my brother.

hurry up Wade, not sure on where your season is at but ours is coming to an end. I still need to get some from my brother but he says his is just becoming ripe. So far I have 40 pounds and should get another 30 or more pounds from my brother.

You'll end up with about what I got in total then. I have a 3 gallon batch going and also a 6 gallon batch. I steamed the berries for both. If you're interested in borrowing the steamer, let me know. We could meet for lunch. Dan said he checked edinboro campus again and couldn't find the patch I told him about. I'll have to sneak the clippers along tomorrow in the event I see any.

Getting mentally prepared to send my baby girl off to Edinboro University tomorrow. I don't know as I'm ready for this.....

Good luck, I sent my baby boy there and when it was time to send my baby girl off to college I talked her into going to the community college. God is it hard to see them grow up.

Getting mentally prepared to send my baby girl off to Edinboro University tomorrow. I don't know as I'm ready for this.....

...Ready for what?

Hee Hee Hee The fact that she'll be in the same town as me! LOL
At least you're visits can be two fold as you can hit the wineries while you're up here. Plus, if you got here real early we could hit Walkers in the morning and you could visit your daughter when we got back!

The elderberries hereare ready for picking and hanging very low and ready to fall off. I have been so busy that besides here I havent had time or the energy to do any wine work in the past few weeks and I hhave a bunch that really needs to be racked. I believe this weekend will be the last week for overtime and its not even an option to come in, just get your butt here or else!!!:re

Got a full day planned, if the couch doesn't get to calling me too much.
Change the front tire on the bike, bottle another blackberry or strawberry and can't forget the honeydoo's around the house.

Doug (emtff) just left my house after a breif visit after dropping his daughter off at the university. NW PA wine makers rock, you guys are invited over any time. Headed out to dinner now.

Relaxing in Ocean City with Kat and my 3 brothers. Going out for sushi in a bit.
Then bar hopping. Wooo hoo

Doug (emtff) just left my house after a breif visit after dropping his daughter off at the university. NW PA wine makers rock, you guys are invited over any time. Headed out to dinner now.

Thanks for the tour of the facilities. Your home and wine cellar are outstanding. I look forward to many stops to visit while we are up that way. We'll have to trade samples of Jalepaneo wine when they are done and cleared. I think I may have to pick up some Habernero and some hot banana peppers also. I believe Julie's recipe called for cayene peppers.

We'll experiment. I'll be picking up grape juice tomorrow and getting this started early in the week. I'm thinking there are enough peppers in one box for a 3 gallon batch with the purchase of a few others.

Good luck, I sent my baby boy there and when it was time to send my baby girl off to college I talked her into going to the community college. God is it hard to see them grow up.

Isn't that the truth Julie. The last 2 nights were filled with our 3 y/o crying herself to sleep with "I don't want Bekah to leave, waaaa waaaaa waaaaaa, I miss my big brother Joshy, I want Joshy home, waaaa waaaaa waaaaa" Cant wait to see what tonight holds. She already told me we had to go back and get Bekah and all her stuff so we could bring her home. Those 2 are in-separable.

I was a big boy, I held my tears in today as best as I could. Of course, that was only for making up for Thursday night when I put the cross I gave to her mother when we were dating around her neck and told her she had nothing to worry about, because her mom was always with her and was always watching over her. (my first wife passed away in 93, Bekah was 6 mths old) I didn't do a very good job of holing bac tears that night.

Picked up a very nice utility sink for the basement today when stopping by frankr3 to bring him some bottles from my dump source as I have enough for a awhile. He had it out in the driveway with a sign that said $20 on it. I tried to give him the twenty but he would not except, thats what friends are for.:b

Picture.jpg

sipping skeeter pee, did some major housecleaning, added last additions to skeeter pee #2, generally good day!

I was a big boy, I held my tears in today as best as I could.

Doug, Jeannie says she feels your pain. Our youngest left Friday to start his Jr year there.

Isn't that the truth Julie. The last 2 nights were filled with our 3 y/o crying herself to sleep with "I don't want Bekah to leave, waaaa waaaaa waaaaaa, I miss my big brother Joshy, I want Joshy home, waaaa waaaaa waaaaa" Cant wait to see what tonight holds. She already told me we had to go back and get Bekah and all her stuff so we could bring her home. Those 2 are in-separable.

I was a big boy, I held my tears in today as best as I could. Of course, that was only for making up for Thursday night when I put the cross I gave to her mother when we were dating around her neck and told her she had nothing to worry about, because her mom was always with her and was always watching over her. (my first wife passed away in 93, Bekah was 6 mths old) I didn't do a very good job of holing bac tears that night.

You need to hear the story from Mike about me and Jason going to Edinboro. The first month he came home every weekend, Sept every other weekend, Oct we were going up there to see him every other weekend. I would cry all the way home everytime we left. I did this all through Oct, Nov and Dec. When he came home for Christmas they are home for a month. It was great having him home, but I noticed he was growing into his own self and not my baby boy anymore. Then one morning I get up and I slide across the kitchen floor from the greese he spilled when cooking in the middle of the night and didn't bother to clean it up. My baby boy who was the neatest person I knew became a slob. Well, I didn't miss him as much after that.

Latest posts

Back