What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:dbI'm still celebrating after getting my Permit in the mail Saturday from the state to operate as a Winery. That was the last major hurdle and I am legal to begin producing wine for sale.:db:b:r:h:pty

:dbI'm still celebrating after getting my Permit in the mail Saturday from the state to operate as a Winery. That was the last major hurdle and I am legal to begin producing wine for sale.:db:b:r:h:pty

Congratulations, a well deserved celebration indeed. If we're ever up your way we'll be sure to stop by.

Congrats again.

:u
Congrats !!
:f2

:dbI'm still celebrating after getting my Permit in the mail Saturday from the state to operate as a Winery. That was the last major hurdle and I am legal to begin producing wine for sale.:db

Now the fun begins Congratulations!

Oh I hate it when that happens!:tz

congrats grape man I was on your website and i saw that you grow leon millot. I ordered them from Fallbright there on kueka lake I ordered grapes. can you tell me what a good blend would be and what yeast you would use. I bought a few bottles a few years ago at one the wineries at kueka and it was great. I plan on oaking it French oak barrell or american oak I 'm not sure yet. Can it be made as just as a varietal and not blended. Congrats again on your winery.
carmine:db

Congrats Rich!

Today after work, I racked and stablizied the Jalapeno Wine. Backsweetened my Applewine to 1.020. Going to add some cinnamon sticks and age it for a coupel weeks like that then rack one last time before bottling.
Racked the mulberry wine again. Going to have to sweeten it a little bit. Maybe to 1.010.

Carmine Leon Millot blends well with a lot of things. I highly recommend the French Oak if you can afford it or just use french oak cubes. They add to it with a vanilla touch to contrast the berry. If I recall right, I use RC-212 on that one a lot. Whatever you do use a yeast that comlements the fruitfulness of it. I like it a lot better than Foch and so do most folks that try it.

That reminds me I need to update my site withnew pictures and such- just not much time this time of year and so far I am a one man show and a part time boy or two now and again.

Carmine Leon Millot blends well with a lot of things. I highly recommend the French Oak if you can afford it or just use french oak cubes. They add to it with a vanilla touch to contrast the berry. If I recall right, I use RC-212 on that one a lot. Whatever you do use a yeast that comlements the fruitfulness of it. I like it a lot better than Foch and so do most folks that try it.

That reminds me I need to update my site withnew pictures and such- just not much time this time of year and so far I am a one man show and a part time boy or two now and again.

Thanks i have french oak barells . I also have american oak barrells i was planning on using rc-212 my other choice was 71-b thanks i make alot of california wines crushed from grapes .This will be my first French american hybred
carmine

Found some local suppliers of bulk honey.... Might go down the melomel road with all these blackberries that have yet to ripen up... Only got about 2-3lbs so far, they need another week or two still... Everythings been late this year, its crazy..

Thinking 5 gallons of blackberry + oak, and 5 gallons of blackberry + blackberry honey.. then 5 gallons of blackberry skeeter pee, cause, ya know, i wouldnt wanna waste anything if i can help it :dg

I hadn't even thought of any oak with my blackberry! Maybe next year.. This year I was just shooting for enough to drink and still set some back to age. Only one or two bottles made it to the year mark from last years batch.
This year will be better.
Oh well, there is always next year.

I'm sitting here wishing one of my Boston Terriers would sleep at least an hour longer in the morning...
4:30 is bad enough to be taking him out,,, but 3:30 is a PITA..
Well, the coffee is going and I got wine buddies to deal with.

the momma dog woke me early cuz she was bored.... not amused!!! I heard her barking , she NEVER barks !!! here i am rushing to get dressed in sloppy cloths cuz i was sure she was allerting me she was in labor.........NOPE just bored!!! DAMNIT! oh well, she and the daddy dog are now curled up on the sofa together! at least shes happy now LOL!!!!

won some gemstone beads on eBay so i saw that in my inbox this morning YAYYAYAYAY and last night DNW was sucking up and bought me 18 (8ctw) chrome diopside stones !! OMG!!! *****THUD****** he got a great deal on em so i am absolutly floating!!! He said he wants me to have them set into a braclet!!!! YIPPIEEEEE!!

i luv my purdy shiny objects even more than making wine if yall can believe that!!! and when i get em for so much less than market value im ESTATIC!!!

Just racked a SP and racked and stabilized antoher batch. You know, it is just as much work working with 5 gallons or 20 gallons at a time due too all the cleaning and sanitaizing. I need to schedukle things more efficiently.

Worked my last day at one if my jobs. I start the new job tomorrow.
Came home and cut the lawn
Added nutrient and energizer to the Cabernet Sauvignon SG is at 1.030.
Will press the grapes at 1.00 or lower.
I really need to order another 3 gallon carboy, a new wine rack (all of mine are full) and some bungs for 1 gallon and 1/2 gallon jugs I have.

Got a few minutes before I head to the blood bank,, again.
I figured to put the time to good use and get my wine forum fix.... Started not to go online,, but my hands began to shake and I started to sweat bad enough I had to change shirts...
I'm much better now... :)
Got to keep my fingers crossed. I was given an address last night not far from where I'm going that is supposed to be the friend of a friend. They have not lived in the house for a while and the fence is covered in Muscies!! Last year they said they all just fell to the ground and rotted.
I''ll know in a couple hours.

Latest posts

Back