What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got my seconde interview today....only took over a month for them to call me back!! i thought they had filled it by now, but nope my phone rings at 730 this morn (i THINK that was the time all i know is i was asleep) so they want me to come in TODAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! ....ummmmm ok! told em id be there at 1. then ran in search of my slacks and a nice top that covers the ink LMAO!!! threw them in the wash cuz u know they were dirty ! so now im just gettin the pre interview jitters.......i HATE interviews!

Ive got my seconde interview today....only took over a month for them to call me back!! i thought they had filled it by now, but nope my phone rings at 730 this morn (i THINK that was the time all i know is i was asleep) so they want me to come in TODAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! ....ummmmm ok! told em id be there at 1. then ran in search of my slacks and a nice top that covers the ink LMAO!!! threw them in the wash cuz u know they were dirty ! so now im just gettin the pre interview jitters.......i HATE interviews!

Good luck.....

Last day with my daughter and the G-son's. They leave early tomorrow morning to head back to NC.
I hope to bottle some of my strawberry so I can send some with her. I did my second batch of blackberry yesterday. I might even try to get a bottle of Loquat out of the small jug to send that with her too.
It's going to be tough seeing the little ones go home, they are really special to me.
She's leaving one of the puppies she took from us. The hubby decide they just din't need him, so I'll have three Boston Terrier's now, two sisters and their brother.

So how did you make out with your interview ? I'm sure it went fine . Today I'm feeling the effects of to much wine last night ,oh well it all good . I have a Doc appointment later on today maybe I should ask him if he has a cure for it ,besides don't drink .

Getting ready for road trip tomorrow! One of my other favorite activities is motorcycling, especially road trips on my Harley with a few friends. Tomorrow AM we leave for Sturgis South Rally in Sturgis, MS (did not have time to go to real Sturgis in SD this year). Normally it would be an easy day's ride (about 300 miles) but the weather is really crappy now, looks like we'll be in rain most of the way. Scheduled to return home Sunday; forecast doesn't improve much thru the week(!)

Got a few last minute tasks in wine shop. Mainly I have to decide what to do with my latest (2nd) batch of Pee. It's still in primary, foaming a lot but the SG is dropping very slowly -- just down to 1.05 this morning. Options are to whip it good, snap on the primary top and add an airlock; or, whip it good, rack into an oversize carboy and add an airlock. Since I've got a class to go to tonight then load an final prep the bike, I've got to do something with it by mid-afternoon.

Today... I'm cursing and swearing... :sm

We were about to put an offer in on a house yesterday; but I wanted to have an inspector take a look at some foundation oddities (1910 house, old style stone foundation, which was later excavated for a basement with block walls). Well, someone bought it, certified cheque to the selling realtor - sight unseen while the foundation guy is out there with us...

There goes a nice chunk of $ - running foundation experts an hour out of town is cheap y'know. What the heck happened to flat real estate market?

:po

On the bright side however, after just receiving the foundation guys report... Repairs required are nearly the same as the list price...

Last edited:
Cleaning elderberries while waiting for a call back. I ordered the wrong number of knives for my jointer and came up 1 short while trying to switch them out. <facepalm> Hopefully the guy who made the knives can get another done for tomorrow AM.

Got 55-60# of elderberries in the freezer and 10# worth still to go in this bucket.

My wife and I had similar situation on the house. One of the foundation walls was buckled, so we wanted a contractor to look at it. Someone else put half down via cashier's check while I was making the appointment.

We ended up with a nicer property, but this house needs work. It might have worked in my family's favor, but not in mine personally. :)

-Mudster Fix-it

Lets put it this way, I'm kinda happy I decided to chase someone down to go look at it - held the wife off from putting in an offer :D Offer we would have made after that inspection - well it woulda been a whole lot lower based on the structural issues... And I'll bet you a dollar the average home inspector wouldn't have caught or reported the issue... Even my structural guy started with 'it doesn't look too bad' - but after I started pointing things out - the report says the house is not safe for habitation.

I had to be a 'practice dummy' today for my wife and her spa partner for a ninety minute massage training session.

90 minutes....four experienced hands.

If I still smoked I'd light one up.

Had my second interview today after work. It was a more of a personality interview and a "how would you handel this situation or that situation" kind of deal.
"How are you with documentation" "how would you handel administrators acting like you don't know anything about direct care practices" When I replied that I have state board of nursing certifications for assisted living and medication administration, they were kind of like "Yeah, I think that would work"...
So now the waiting game... You know how government works...

dan, hope u get it!!

i got a call back after the interview yesterday, they wanted some extra paperwork filled out so i guess thats a good sign....wont know anything till they are done with the interviews but was told that so far im top canidate so that was realy nice to hear!!!
basicly the job will be mine as long as a more exp person does not come along!! so please hope that only losers come in now LMAO!!!!!!

the pay is not THAT great but its better than no job at all, and the benifits ROCK! fingers crossed!

I had to be a 'practice dummy' today for my wife and her spa partner for a ninety minute massage training session.

90 minutes....four experienced hands.

If I still smoked I'd light one up.

Wow, what a sacifice, I know it was tough on you but I'm glad to see you were willing to help out. :)

Had my second interview today after work. It was a more of a personality interview and a "how would you handel this situation or that situation" kind of deal.
"How are you with documentation" "how would you handel administrators acting like you don't know anything about direct care practices" When I replied that I have state board of nursing certifications for assisted living and medication administration, they were kind of like "Yeah, I think that would work"...
So now the waiting game... You know how government works...

dan, hope u get it!!

i got a call back after the interview yesterday, they wanted some extra paperwork filled out so i guess thats a good sign....wont know anything till they are done with the interviews but was told that so far im top canidate so that was realy nice to hear!!!
basicly the job will be mine as long as a more exp person does not come along!! so please hope that only losers come in now LMAO!!!!!!

the pay is not THAT great but its better than no job at all, and the benifits ROCK! fingers crossed!

Good Luck to you both, Go Maryland Winers :db :db

Thanks. Nikki, hope you get the job. I'm just afraid of someone with a masters degree or sonething walking in and snagging it up though.. If I get this job, i'm finishing up the bachelors degree. Already have the associates finished.

Thanks. Nikki, hope you get the job. I'm just afraid of someone with a masters degree or sonething walking in and snagging it up though.. If I get this job, i'm finishing up the bachelors degree. Already have the associates finished.

Dan is the salary high? Someone with a masters isn't going to come in at ground level and they seem to like you and it would make more financial sense to hire you. In today's market, they are not lookign for some with a masters degree but cost.

julie, out in this DelMarVa area, we arnt to picky!! a person with a masters will take an entry level job if it comes to that or Micky Dees... im alsmot done with my associates , and im gonna continue on to a bachlors cuz i cant afford to pay the loans back LMAO!!!! remember payments dont start till 6 months after your done LOL! :) Im in the smae boat, please no graduates apply for my job!!!

Latest posts

Back