What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While at Runningwolf's party yesterday I met his friend and fellow wine maker Bill who told me he was trying to downsize his winemaking opperation from what was about 100 carboys. He offerd me 3-5 gallon carboys for $50.00, so before we started home today we swung by his place. To sweeten up the deal I left with 3 bottels of his wine.

For those who like pictures

View attachment 1177

View attachment 1178

Damn, I'm impressed. I wish I had that to downsize from that.

So far I have gotten twenty pounds of choke cherries and seven pounds of elderberries in the freezer still have a ways to go before the wild plumes are ready hoping to get enough to make six gallon batch when I finally turn it into wine.

Actually, I'm depressed from that but also today was the viewing for my nephew who passed away on Tuesday. Ryan was not only a nephew but a friend. He was 20 years old, a year younger my youngest son who is serving in Afghanistan and cannot be here for his funeral. I know Ryan will be OK because he will be be burried next to my first wife who passed away 17 years ago. Joyce will always watch over Ryan as she has watched over myself and our 3 children Michael, Joshua, and Rebekah. I know Ryan is in a better place and I will continue to pray for my Sister, and her living children Alexi and Brittany as well as their brother Shawn. Shawn, though not related by blood is always and will always be welcome in my home.

God Bless you,
Ryan David Kroh
July 6, 1990 - August 10, 2010

Ryan David,

I Raise this class of wine to toast your memory and as a prayer to all those who are helped and granted a second chance at life, love and happiness as result of receiving your organs.

Ryan, you were a big cuddly teddly bear as a person and you will not be forgotten.

Ryan, I love you.

(damn, I'm a wreck)

Last edited:
Posting questions about my 1st batch of BB wine. lol! I am also sipping a glass of jug wine I bought so I use the jug in future winemaking AND I am pressure canning Roasted Tomato Soup made with heirloom yellow tomatoes (some yellow) and garlic.

Doug what happened to your nephew was it an accident or was he sick ? It's so sad to lose anyone but he was so young .

While at Runningwolf's party yesterday I met his friend and fellow wine maker Bill who told me he was trying to downsize his winemaking opperation from what was about 100 carboys. He offerd me 3-5 gallon carboys for $50.00, so before we started home today we swung by his place. To sweeten up the deal I left with 3 bottels of his wine.

For those who like pictures

View attachment 1177

View attachment 1178

I think he needs to start bottling some of that wine .

Sorry, Doug. It's so hard for us left behind. You are in my prayers.
Lynn

Actually, I'm depressed from that but also today was the viewing for my nephew who passed away on Tuesday. Ryan was not only a nephew but a friend. He was 20 years old, a year younger my youngest son who is serving in Afghanistan and cannot be here for his funeral. I know Ryan will be OK because he will be be burried next to my first wife who passed away 17 years ago. Joyce will always watch over Ryan as she has watched over myself and our 3 children Michael, Joshua, and Rebekah. I know Ryan is in a better place and I will continue to pray for my Sister, and her living children Alexi and Brittany as well as their brother Shawn. Shawn, though not related by blood is always and will always be welcome in my home.

God Bless you,
Ryan David Kroh
July 6, 1990 - August 10, 2010

Ryan David,

I Raise this class of wine to toast your memory and as a prayer to all those who are helped and granted a second chance at life, love and happiness as result of receiving your organs.

Ryan, you were a big cuddly teddly bear as a person and you will not be forgotten.

Ryan, I love you.

(damn, I'm a wreck)

Aw doug im so sorry and wish i ahd words of comfort for you. i can never think of good things to say. so just know you and your fam are in my thought and prayers and (((((((HUGS)))))) are being sent your way

Cleaning more elderberries today. There are 60# in the freezer and another 5# worth to be cleaned on the porch. Original goal was 120# (20 gallons of berries), but the hours already consumed have thoroughly daunted my ambitious spirit.

The missus will be happy to know the madness is subsiding and efforts are being scaled back. 80# and I'm out.

-well and truly daunted Mud

Well I was going to talk about the blueberry picking fiasco I just came from, but after reading Doug's post the one pound picked in an hour and a half IS NO BIG DEAL.

Doug I too lost a favorite nephew at 18 years of age (just graduated from HS)due to brain cancer. It is still extremely hard to get over at times. He was a good kid.

You know they say "only the good die young".

Steve

Pulling my hair (ok what few strands I have left) out... Trying to deal with realtors, mortgage brokers etc; Now I remember why I hate change, so many phone calls, so much to figure out, so many headaches...

Oh and the real fun - since its a fixer upper, gotta figure out a budget for all that stuff we want to do too...

My phone was running slow and I've wanted a new one for a bit. So I went to the store and ordered the new iphone 4.

My phone was running slow and I've wanted a new one for a bit. So I went to the store and ordered the new iphone 4.

I'm looking at getting that around Christmas, do you know if that fixed the antenna issue, besides putting a cover on it.

i gotta get a new one, too. i kinda dread it...i don't know enough to know what i want:gb
i want it to call when i dial, ring when someone calls, get 911 in an emergency and text easy when we're all out and about on the farm...that's it

Finally got around to bottling my RQ Barbaresco from last year ( started in Dec) and it is one good wine! If it gets any better, and it should, it will be an outstanding one. Gonna be hard not to drink it now!!

Back