What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I degassed the crap outta it before racking it yesterday 1.020 before racking (strawberry was down to 1.010 - so figured do both at once)

Little late for pictures... other than of the darling wife who's still a little upset I mopped the stipled ceiling :) apparently that's not a smart thing either. But it sure got the job done quick :)

Damn, pictures would have been great. I never take pics of my F-Ups either. I've had some doozies, not while making wine though.

oh man...tornado warning in Delaware are very diferent than warning when i was in Arkansas...in arkansas it went "tornado warning , u know what to do" and on with regulaglry scheduled programing...HERE!!! OH MAN! the entire news station takes over and keeps talking about being calm this and taking cover that and dont go to work stay home not safe to drive ROFLMAO!!!!! im very amused......

oh man...tornado warning in Delaware are very diferent than warning when i was in Arkansas...in arkansas it went "tornado warning , u know what to do" and on with regulaglry scheduled programing...HERE!!! OH MAN! the entire news station takes over and keeps talking about being calm this and taking cover that and dont go to work stay home not safe to drive ROFLMAO!!!!! im very amused......

Sort of how I feel when a snow storm hits the south. Up here, snow is an afterthought .....

("by the way, the forecast calls for 14 inches of snow <Yawn>... In other news, a cat was rescued from a tree. Let's go to our on site reporter Trish....")

... But they seem to go nuts when it hits below DC.

Crooks winery in Crooks, SD was closed when we drove up...found another local winery called the Strawbale Winery in Renner, SD. Proved to be a real interesting tasting. Bought some jalapeno wine as well as a local white a red grape gris. Bonnie, the vintner, gave me a tour of their 'back room' and I was just salivating. She and her husband showed me the better bottles they started with, graduating to 500 gallon containers to the 1500 gal vats. Never had a Buffalo berry...the wine smelled like mums, was crystal clear and semi-sweet. Their elderberry had a bit of spice undertone, aged 6 years. We made out cheap: $5/tasting 5 of their wines with an etched, complimentary wine glass as a souvenier.

Just got done painting my 3 y/o fingernails and toenails. Each hand and foot is a different color.
LOL that was part of my weekend fun (other than her and her friend trying to put me in the hospital; both tackled me while I was sitting on the stairs (I didn't spill my glass of wine though!) put my back out for the weekend.

Except we only hand pink n purple - so it was alternating fingers/toes...

Today - I'm beating my head against the wall at work. I love vacation season...

LOL that was part of my weekend fun (other than her and her friend trying to put me in the hospital; both tackled me while I was sitting on the stairs (I didn't spill my glass of wine though!) put my back out for the weekend.

Except we only hand pink n purple - so it was alternating fingers/toes...

Today - I'm beating my head against the wall at work. I love vacation season...

And we wonder why women can be so difficult at times. It's because us fathers spoil them from the start and they come to expect if from BF and hubbies. (just kidding ladies) We do spoil our girls though, no doubt about it.

I'll be going in morning to pick more elderberries. I think I'll clean ou tthe one bush tomorrow. I did locate another one last weekend that looked promising. I'll check that in the am also. Hoping for 10 lbs tomorrow but will be happy with 5 or 6. That will take me to close to 70 collected soo far and 60 sill in the freezer if I can get 6-10 more.

lmao, yea, since we don't get much on the way of tornados in the east, our news people are pretty anal about it.

At job two (non county) of the day. Staying late to save an hour of vacation.
Going to stir the jalapeño wine when I get home.

Mmmm new computer... don't get me started - having to run a ubuntu live cd at the moment due to hard drive controller failure on this damn laptop; gotta wait for these back to school sales to get going on laptops :D (I have mostly scottish blood in me... wife tells me I'm worse than her father (irishman) :))

Wife had a surprise waiting for me when I got home... Prestige brand wine kit - Australian Shiraz. Well that got that empty primary filled again. :sm

Getting ready to make 10 gallons of a Celis White Beer Clone.

YUMMMMM Eating a nice dish of triple vanilla ice cream with Guitards chocolate syrup!;)

I'm bringing you something else tomorrow to to put in that ice cream (you better hide a few for later).

hummm??? Are you stopping at the wineries before coming here? An opportunity to pick up bottles. If you need some let me know and I'll tell you which winery to go to to get them.

hummm??? Are you stopping at the wineries before coming here? An opportunity to pick up bottles. If you need some let me know and I'll tell you which winery to go to to get them.

Yep but not for bottles, this is somthing from Jeannie's kitchen.

Back