What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the truck to the shop, blew a brake line over the weekend and it wasn't somewhere that I wanted to deal with fixing it myself. Boy was that a fun 1/2 mile trip with little to no brakes. Had my son drive in front of me incase I needed a crash car.

Going to get some of my nephew's belongings this afternoon with my brother in law.

Getting ready mentally for a few days of living h*ll.

doug, im not aware of whats going on but i can tell your in pain so you have my sympathies! (((HUGS)) for you and your family.

I'm not attending the council meeting tonight due to the events of the week.

I'm in the process of steaming some strawberries for an fpac for my strawberry wine. I back sweetened some and it needed more berry flavor. Doing that now. Will add after it cools. Working from home tomorrow. If I had more sugar I would steam more berries and start a 6 gallon batch of elderberry wine to go with the 3 gallon I started last week. Oh what to do.

Got my bi weekly spine shot and then made some calls for more sponsers. It seems so far lots of my emails have not made it through to these companies as I suspected and probably ended up in their Spam box.

Started the Jalapeno wine. I used about 15 or so jalepenos seeds included. 1 lb of golden raisins 1 and 1/2 tsp of of acide blen. 1/8 tsp of tannin. 1/4 tsp of yeast nutrient. Sugar to brix of 25. Using lavlin ec-1118.

Got five pounds of Guitard chocolate wafers in the mail today. This chocolate is bitter sweet and contains 75% cocoa. It will be infused with cherry wine this fall and also Vidal ice wine.

Got five pounds of Guitard chocolate wafers in the mail today. This chocolate is bitter sweet and contains 75% cocoa. It will be infused with cherry wine this fall and also Vidal ice wine.

where did you get this?

Julie I got it from Chocosphere. I also got some chocolate syrup we tried tonight on ice cream. Yummy!

I got the "Coucher du Soleil" 72% Blended Premium Cocoa Bittersweet Dark Chocolate Wafers

This past spring I used a dark burgandy chocolate I bought locally the contained 55% cocoa. I had to buy that in block form. The wafers are a lot easier.

Last edited:
Cleaning...

Some dumbarse racked some skeeter pee yesterday into carboys... Well - guess it wasn't quite far enough along for that... Gave it a tiny stir...

I get to clean up the ceiling, walls, floor, heater, me... :sm oi vey :)

Cleaning...

Some dumbarse racked some skeeter pee yesterday into carboys... Well - guess it wasn't quite far enough along for that... Gave it a tiny stir...

I get to clean up the ceiling, walls, floor, heater, me... :sm oi vey :)

Sorry dude but you know these stories are always a lot better to read then to write.

Yup... Oh don't I know it :D But i'm willing to bet some of you veterans have had these moments too :sm

Post is no good without pic! Did you take a Hydro reading before racking? Is it fermentation or degassing.

Well I degassed the crap outta it before racking it yesterday 1.020 before racking (strawberry was down to 1.010 - so figured do both at once)

Little late for pictures... other than of the darling wife who's still a little upset I mopped the stipled ceiling :) apparently that's not a smart thing either. But it sure got the job done quick :)

Latest posts

Back