What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walker's close for July/August for walk ins. I am not sure about mail order. My list keeps growing and growing. I'm glad they are only an hour away. Julie if you guys from Pittsburgh want to car pool up here this fall we could arrange something. We drive right through the wine country on the way up there.

Walker's close for July/August for walk ins. I am not sure about mail order. My list keeps growing and growing. I'm glad they are only an hour away. Julie if you guys from Pittsburgh want to car pool up here this fall we could arrange something. We drive right through the wine country on the way up there.

that sounds like a good plan to me

Forgot to mention that today the company I work for said they are giving back 1/2 of what they took away from us about a year ago and may give back the other 1/2 in the beginning of Oct. if buisiness keeps up. Maybe at the start of the new year they will give back vacations, I freaking need one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wade thats fantastic!!!! how could you forget to mention that?!?!? LOL! congrats man!

beena chill day for me, water my friends plants (they are out of town) going to BWI to pick em up tomorrow, shuold be my last drive for awhile! YAY! i went and bought Ky a new pair of shoes and a sweater for school. got some thread for my newest wuilt and a new pair of aplique scisors, my old pair were KILLING my hands, id get one freaking cutout done and be near tears ...stupid arthritis! hope these new scissors will be a bit better...hope i can get 2 done before the whining starts LOL! oh well, itll be a cute quilt right? RIGHT!

Been very busy oer here setting up the forum for advertisers and setting up a Paypal accnt and the vendor link page. Emailed about 45 wine making companies so far!

Forgot to mention that today the company I work for said they are giving back 1/2 of what they took away from us about a year ago and may give back the other 1/2 in the beginning of Oct. if buisiness keeps up. Maybe at the start of the new year they will give back vacations, I freaking need one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats great news Wade. I was ready to hit the streets with Tom to help you out with some fruit.

Here is my thought for the night for all those parents out there.

Next time you see your son or daughter, take them in your arms and hold them. Give them a hug but take the time to hold them extra long. Hold them like it may be the last time you get the chance. Life if full of bumps and wrong turns. In a momenth the child that you take for granted that they will be there to hold could be taken from you. Take the time to tell them you love them and always be there for them.

beena chill day for me, water my friends plants (they are out of town) going to BWI to pick em up tomorrow, shuold be my last drive for awhile! YAY! i went and bought Ky a new pair of shoes and a sweater for school. got some thread for my newest wuilt and a new pair of aplique scisors, my old pair were KILLING my hands, id get one freaking cutout done and be near tears ...stupid arthritis! hope these new scissors will be a bit better...hope i can get 2 done before the whining starts LOL! oh well, itll be a cute quilt right? RIGHT!

I started trying Vital 3 a few months ago I can't believe how well it works .Don't get me wrong it doesn't take the arthritis away but it sure helps alot .

Here is my thought for the night for all those parents out there.

Next time you see your son or daughter, take them in your arms and hold them. Give them a hug but take the time to hold them extra long. Hold them like it may be the last time you get the chance. Life if full of bumps and wrong turns. In a momenth the child that you take for granted that they will be there to hold could be taken from you. Take the time to tell them you love them and always be there for them.

Nice thought Doug, I know it is rough on you right now with your son overseas.

I started trying Vital 3 a few months ago I can't believe how well it works .Don't get me wrong it doesn't take the arthritis away but it sure helps alot .

really?? what is in it? i may have to look into this. im to damn young for all this freaking pain!

:) just highlighted my daughters hair with hawaiian punch....its in the "settin" stage, hope it takes!!! ill have to post pics if it does LOL!

in SD visiting my sister. We are going to check out Crooks winery today. The place is so small that we don't even have them on our forum map. It will be interesting to see how a place that started with 5 acres expanded to the largest local winery in Sioux Falls, SD. Will post pictures, guys. Supposedly, their hard apple cider is medal-winning. I also hear the Mennonites (sp?) make a mean hooch here. Havin way too much fun. Their state fair is going on this week, and I wonder if I will find some booths of cheap local honey for mead. Weeee!

oh, and my sister has a saskatoon berry bush full of fruit for me to rape. She didn't even know they were edible and made a good wine. I had to show her pics on the internet for identification before she'd believe me. She bought the bush as a decorative plant...how funny! She has a plum tree with tiny red plums that she's letting me pick Friday before we head back to the FL panhandle. I plan on coming up with some kind of sugar plum wine that I hope to be ready in time for the holidays. I know...I will be pushing it.

Last edited:
Very nice thought Doug! Today I took Sammie into see my mother at the retirement village. WOW what a chick magnet the puppy is (No Wade the people working there not the elderly ladies).

Dropped my computer off at the shop to get more memory and a new hard drive for the next three days (Damn I would gladly go in myself if I could get those replaced). Working off the DROID for next couple of days.

I know everyone says remember the 3 P's. Screw the 3 P's, just opened a bottle of my elderberry from the vinter's juice. It's 14.6% abv and since all I drink is wine it was needed.

While I'm here I have to apoligize to the mods who don't want religion on the forum. Please join me as we recite the Lord's Prayer in memory of my 20 y/o nephew.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,

the power and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Amen

Rest in Peace Ryan...We love you.

Latest posts

Back