What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got done decorating The Tree, and now I'm staring at 5 gallons of apples, wondering if they are going to clean and pare themselves. :(

OK,
I am waiting for what we call a "Nor-Easter". Expecting over a foot of snow Saturday. :-(
I may have to bottle in between my shoveling.
What would you do?

Hey, thats what I just posted on a filtering thread also. Did yours come from Musca's also? The price was out of this world (country too, LOL).

Tonight I racked Piesporter from the primary and Washigton Riesling to bottle this weekend.

Yep. That's where it came from. Very good price on natural corks too!

OK,
I am waiting for what we call a "Nor-Easter". Expecting over a foot of snow Saturday. :-(
I may have to bottle in between my shoveling.
What would you do?

I was just reading about that. They're calling for 2 feet in some places. I think it might be a good time for some serious wine tasting. :b

Now that you mention it, I'm crossing my fingers that my daughter makes the 480 mile trek from Virginia to upstate New York ahead of the weather.
Tom, I thought that mess was blowing in from the South West. If it's coming from the NE, she's headed right into it!

I was just reading about that. They're calling for 2 feet in some places. I think it might be a good time for some serious wine tasting. :b
Sounds like a plan..
NOW, what to pick from my 1500+ bottle wine cellar

went to widmer bros and bought my wife a brrrrrr stocking hat for christmas. got my 1/2 gallon growler filled with X114. living 15 minutes from the brewery gives me the ability to get the stuff you can't get in the stores. but, the best part of my day is what i'm doing now..... sipping on a glass of chocolate strawberry port. i used wades recipe and it's the best. think i'm gonna have to figure the numbers for a larger batch because this won't last very long... it's too good:dg

Spending my main thoughts for all of the travelers! Conditions are scary enough, but when you are on th eroad with a whole bunch of others it just scares me to half to silly.

My glass is held high and my fingers crossed on the other. I hope everyone who is able to get home for Xmas makes it safe. I am a long way from there myself, so it's me and the girls(cats). Even though Christmas music makes me cry, I may put on this Gloria Estefan Christmas CD I have. My fingers will stay crossed till everyone makes it home.

my cellar is gradually emptying.. giving away a lot of wine this christmas.

so am bottling the peach chardonnay today.. now I have room to store it!

Allie

Starting some more cider, and cleaning house. My daughter's coming home for the Holidays. (Sounds like a movie title..:h)

Sitting on my *** watching All in the Family and playing on my laptop. Can't believe that show is still that funny and what they got away with. Also going looking at my shipment of wine bags I just got today. A variety of 100 bags. :fsh

The dishes are done, the wrapping paper is picked up, and the half million family members are gone. Now I'm kicking back with a glass of chocolate strawberry port, and when I'm done with that I'm drinking my wifes glass because she fell asleep. :db
My most favorite time of the year is having the family to my house for Christmas. My second most favorite time of the year is when the day is done.
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

The Ol' Man on Pawn Stars said it.
"They think I don't like Christmas. I love the Holidays! I just don't like spending them with family."
ROFL!
I'm kicked back, switching from plum wine to R&C after 2 days of grins and giggles.

Just last week I watched a whole 3 CD set of All in the Family! Funny sheets there. I am still convinced Archie is related to Ralph Crandon, I just cant prove it. Just cooked up some breaded Pacific cod with cajun breading! I too was thinking about cleaning the cabin and doing the dishes, but lucky for me I changed my mind at the last minute, because I realized I still had an entire case of beer in the fridge.

Momma Moose came by today to wish me Merry Christmas. I haven't seen her in a few weeks. I was glad to see her. I just wish she wouldn't sneak up on me while I am taking care of serious snow watering business!!! LOL. It was almost a zipper accident that would have taken weeks to recover from!

Momma Moose came by today to wish me Merry Christmas. I haven't seen her in a few weeks. I was glad to see her. I just wish she wouldn't sneak up on me while I am taking care of serious snow watering business!!! LOL. It was almost a zipper accident that would have taken weeks to recover from!

Ouch! That could be very bad. But hey if she is a mom Im sure it's nothing she hasn't seen before.....lol

And then a couple days ago I seen fox tracks next to the cabin. That is never good when you have three cats who live to go outside. If I have the opportunity I will have to take care of business! I fished out of Kodiak for a while and come to think of it I never seen cats or small dogs there, but I did see about a million Bald Eagles. Do the math! LOL.

I am sure Mr. Fox is just trying to make a living but I am locked and loaded. I wish he would just go away. I hate to be put in a position to have to do things like that. Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do!

Last edited:
It is the day after Christmas and I got to sleep in for a change. Yesterday was very wonderful, I made wings and stromboli for supper. This has become our tradition. Less prep time and easy clean up.

Now that Christmas is past, I think I will get around to bottling the elderberry, the pear, the cherry and the one gallon of orange-pineapple. We have not had time before this.

Today is going to be a good day because things are going to get done at a slower pace. :h

Julie

I think Im going to Walmart to buy a new TV as our main 1 died last Friday and we are watching on a 21" right now. I see some pretty good sales now like a 32" flat screen for $299 (Sony), works for me. Maybe Ill get my HopNog in the keg and get som C02 on it today also. I have to make sure the wife isny going to need an room in my fridge though as we were storing the turkey in there till it was time to cook it.

Latest posts

Back