What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I went to our annual Wine Club Holiday Party.
Any others here who belong to a wine club have one?

It was stabilised and sweetened 12th sept.. so not too long..

I spent the day cleaning out the barn and rearranging stuff. It was at the back behind the chili wine.. so I completely missed it Tom.

Allie

Yes I know what you mean. Take a look below whats aging.

It's good to see people listing what they have fermenting/ aging in their signature lines..

makes it easy to ask questions and to ask for recipes.

you got enough bottles put aside for that lot Tom?

Allie

Oh yea. Even if WE drink no more wine I have enough. Butt, WE drink 2-3 bottles a day so I fill 1+cases a week with empties.
My problem is to remember to rack. This is why I have PATIENCE. You see I don't need to bottle as I have a huge supply to choose from.

It's a little intimidating for those of us who have only two lines to type. :a

well cheat then.. get a pile of 1 gallon carboys and do a whole lot of different batches at once, then you will have more than two lines...

hehehe

Allie

Yea I noticed you don't say if they are one gallon or six gallon

well cheat then.. get a pile of 1 gallon carboys and do a whole lot of different batches at once, then you will have more than two lines...

hehehe

Allie
...but if I actually started them, it wouldn't be cheating. :h

Looking at your list, I have no idea how one would even go about fermenting some of those!

OP, we started out there also. Ill probably be there in a few months because Ive made more then i drink, way more. Ive got a few more batches to make as I already have all the ingredients and then Im going to chill way down on wine and start really concentratying on setting up my brewery so that I can get into All Grain better. I have been winging it a few times and it really takes its toll on my back. Need to do some more purchasing, ya know, gotta spend money to save money!

Yea I noticed you don't say if they are one gallon or six gallon

some are experiments.. so those are 1 gallon ( honeysuckle/blackcurrant).

I had 24 gallons of applewine /12 gallons of cider / 8 gallons of berry port in the end, plus 8 gallons of chili..earlier in the year..

I just make it up to a volume depending on the ingredients to hand

it helps that I have a range of carboys 1 / 2 /3 /and 6 gallon so I just juggle the wine between them.

Allie

saturday i smoked me some jala-greeno's and on sunday i turned them into raspberry chipotle wine.

easy way to beat the cold = drink jalapeno wine varieties!

Yesterday I finally bottled the last if my apple wine... today I made some simple syrup for storage and got my equipment sanitized in anticipation of starting my RJS OB Blackberry Merlot... got to get it going in the next day or two because George just shipped my Black Cherry Pinot Noir which I am very excited about.
I also saw that recipe today for the Blackberry Jelly Wine and I have got to make that.
Dave is going to post the recipe for the Mozarella Cheese on this site sometime soon and I can't wait to try my hand at that.
Wow...
HB

saturday i smoked me some jala-greeno's and on sunday i turned them into raspberry chipotle wine.

easy way to beat the cold = drink jalapeno wine varieties!

MV... I've gotta share this with you... yes I'm drinkin'... jus' a little. I started reading your post... "Saturday I smoked me some jala-greeno's..." and I'm thinkin', what in the Hell kind of smoke is that? Ain't never heard of that kind, much less smoked it.
Just to let you know how my mind works sometimes... :sm
HB

Tonight I've finally found the time to back sweeten my cider. It won't last long enough to bother bottling it. ;)

I know what you mean, OP. I bottled 12-750ml bottles and the rest went into the 'fridge. When we get some inventory built up... cough... cough... we may be able to bottle more of our batches.
HB

I got the sorbate, K-meta and syrup in the plum wine. It filled up one gallon jug, with about 8 oz left over. I guess...well, I guess I just gotta sit here and drink it. :b

I am anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival. I believe he's going to bring me a mini-jet filter.

:xmasThen I'll spend boxing day filtering and bottling a couple of carboys full of wine and get my WE Italian Amarone going.

I am anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival. I believe he's going to bring me a mini-jet filter.

:xmasThen I'll spend boxing day filtering and bottling a couple of carboys full of wine and get my WE Italian Amarone going.

Hey, thats what I just posted on a filtering thread also. Did yours come from Musca's also? The price was out of this world (country too, LOL).

Tonight I racked Piesporter from the primary and Washigton Riesling to bottle this weekend.

Latest posts

Back