What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to recoup and get some life back in my 54 year old body.
We were able to get about 90% of my SIL and daughter's roof stripped to the old wood sheathing, inspected and dryed in by 3:30 yesterday evening. Probably about 2200 square feet of roof in three days with only two and 1/2 people.
The heat really took it out of me.
I was still able to go berry picking this morning though and got me another 15 pounds of blackberries.
That should put me between 25 and 30 pounds now in the freezer and the berries in my yard aren't even close yet.

up here in wa. the blackberrys just got their leaves
be picking in sept. oct.
today i am finishing up fly rod and boat rod,
plus loading some shells.357.45colt.243,
Joseph
Here da are.

Interviewed with the county government for a contractual position. No benefits. :( If the are willing to negotiate on about two hours on fridays I can work both jobs and keep my health insurance.

dan , hope they can flex that and let u work both!!! the money and benifits will be really nice!!

and

myakkagldwngr...what the hell is 1/2 person?!? (hehehehhe) sounds like yall were busy! good luck recouping!!!

me, ive been tryin to avoid cleaning the house....i think im gonna have to give in cuz the dustballs are gettin dustballs *sigh* i need a maid!

Chilean wine juice

Well today I picked up my Chilean juice.
2 6 gal Carmenere
2 6 gal Cab/Merlot
1 6 gal Malbec
1 6 gal Red Zinfandel
Went low due to funds.. :ib

Definitely laying around today.
I worked another half day yesterday on the SIL's roof and then decided to head home and check one of the berry patches I had found.
As I rounded the corner my first thought was WTH!
There was a car parked at MY spot and four young people were picking MY berries. :h
So I headed down the road and another spot caught my eye. Sure enough, another good spot so grown up I don't think many of those sissy city folks would venture into it. Got another good zip lock bag with thumb sized berries.
Weighed them all, using the big butt and the bucket on the bathroom scales and definitely had a good 28 pounds, so I started a 5 gallon batch last night.
I'm tickled pink, or should I say black.
I've got 5 gallons going and haven't even touched my yard berries.

oh man so nice!!! green with envy for your blackberries LOL!!! '
im attempting to clean before work.....ummmmmmm ya really...... why am i so lazy latley??? LOL!!!

Designing and engineering a bookcase/entertainment center for a friend. After this it's off to the shop to build it. I'm rusty, so this should be nerve-racking.

Designing and engineering a bookcase/entertainment center for a friend. After this it's off to the shop to build it. I'm rusty, so this should be nerve-racking.

You can do it, put your back in to it. How about building in electric so you don't have wires running everywhere from TV, DVR etc. Maybe back lite the shelves.

i did it!! i won the battle of the house!!! and i really need to get up the nerve to shave the labs LOL insane how much they shed!!!

Mud sounds great , can wait to see pics of the progress!!

They're doing it on the cheap. Budget's about $400 for materials, which doesn't go very far. The wires will be routed neatly for sure. No point making soehting that looks 75% nice when a little planning will get you to 100%. :h

My dumb Niagara wine has been stuck for the last few days... so I had to go down to the homebrew shop yesterday to get a pack of red star cuvee to get it started... and just checked and I FINALLY have bubbles!

OH... and my northernbrewer order came in today and I swear that FedEx man is like santa to me! I now have the corks I need! I just need to wash my clear bottles tomorrow so that I can bottle my blueberry wine.

LOL Daisy!!! My UPS and FedEx men know me by name and get the giggles at how i light up when i see them.....i dont have the heart to tell them its for the boxes they carry LMAO!!!
and arnt those bubbles just PURDY!!! i swear i freak when i dont see em and when they finally get there its like my birthday .......ok my birthday when i was 8 and still liked birthdays LMAO!!!

Bottled two batches of whites today. Added to the two reds I did yesterday I am trying to figure out where to put ten cases of wine in an already full wine cellar. Looking at the stainless wine rack a lot of people have bought at Sams Club (on line only) for about $85. Holds something like 160 bottles and every review on line and in these forums rated it 100%.

Getting the art gallery ready for an open gallery night tomorrow. I am donating a basket of wine for the silent auction and will be serving about 12 magnums of bulk stock. Should be a good networking night. Also, I'm fretting about the Winemakers mags judging results on the sherry style I submitted...waaah!

Still melting, I think I have about two more days roofing for the SIL and daughter.
But I can see the light in the end of the tunnel. Today we put on about 14 squares of metal roofing. Only 8 more to go and then the trim.

decided today that i wanna do the Delaware Mud Run inseptember! so i started training today!!! no mud involded today but my daughter and i took a hike (and got lost D'OH) around our local pond......its hard to get a good work out with an 8 year old stoping at every damn squirrle but i had fun and so did she!!! a little work out is better than none at all neways!!

also racked the blackberry and stablized it....had to take a sip to ya know, and its really nice, still a bit harsh but as its only a bit under 2 months old i think its understandable LOL!!!

all in all a dang good day!

Latest posts

Back