What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no mud involded today but my daughter and i took a hike (and got lost D'OH) around our local pond. all in all a dang good day!

Nikki, gosh your one of those people everyone can't help luvin (feeling sorry for LOL). Do you really want to tell us how you got lost walking around a pond. Hint..you start walking in one direction and keep going until you reach your starting point. That is unless you were looking for your stash in the corner (silly ponds don't have corners).

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :p this pond has multiple trails, and i ended up taking the one to the campground and not the one to poundside trail when it split..the marker was missing so, Not. My. Fault!!!!
maybe i shudda posted that before but i was thinking about gettin in the kitchen n making body butter! LOL was not all together into my post LOL!

but on that not, i made chocolate orange body butter tonight and it smells SO good and feels even better on my skin!! cant wait till it sets up firm and i can use it !!! the stuff i got on my skin was just spash back from pouring but i loved it LOL!

LOL Daisy!!! My UPS and FedEx men know me by name and get the giggles at how i light up when i see them.....i dont have the heart to tell them its for the boxes they carry LMAO!!!
and arnt those bubbles just PURDY!!! i swear i freak when i dont see em and when they finally get there its like my birthday .......ok my birthday when i was 8 and still liked birthdays LMAO!!!

A few years ago the UPS man came and I wasn't thinking and said something that could be taken the wrong way... It was something along the lines of "Oh thank God you're here. I've been waiting for your package all day."

He immediately started laughing and blushing... To this day he still blushes when he sees me and if I'm not home, he'll leave the packages where they won't get ruined by the weather.

Daisy...ROFLMFAO:slp

Waiting for cable company to come and install cable for TV, INTERNET and phone. Good buy and good riddance to Dish network and Verizon!

Oh Daisy i can relate, at christmas time he was carryin a large box ot the door and i practilly swooned with excitment and giggle "OMG its such a big package"!!! i havnt got rid of him yet LMAO!!! he didnt blush (guess hes been at this a bit longer )but he did grin from ear to ear and likewise my boxes are always sheltered when he has to leave em LMAO!!!

Finally done with putting down all the mulch. Planted a Bunch of plants we got last week and a lace leaf Japanese maple. These are some pictures I took of a few of our gardens in just the back yard. I will post more pictures as the plants start blooming on some of the other gardens. I built the circular patio three years ago.

DSCN1900.jpg

DSCN1906.jpg

DSCN1903.jpg

DSCN1905.jpg

dan, that is beautiful!!! u need come do my landscaping :D puh-leaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and darren, glad u had fun :D

Looks awesome Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had s much property as you did but Im happy with what I do have. I got my National Brew day beer into keg today after replacing a radiator hose on my vehicle this morning that started leaking the night of the wine comp but i sleeved it as I sue wasnt going to pay for someone else to do the work but either just didnt have time or didnt want to go work in the rain as I dont have a garage. Its a good trick and always works well. Just save you old hoses or at least a few short lengths and slice it in half and slip it over the area where you are leaking and throw a few hose clamps on it preferably 3, one right over the hole and 1 on each side. It may not stop it completely but will slow it down drastically.

Wade, the pictures make the back yard look bigger but I only have 1/2 acre total. But with the huge lot behind us with an old house and 4 acres of grass makes it nice. Preparing for comany tonight..bar b cue chicken on the grill and lots of wine! Wine cellar is reorganized for new 152 bottle rack I ordered. Not really what I wanted as it is wire but at less than $100. it'll work for now.

DSCN1887.jpg

DSCN1882.jpg

DSCN1871.jpg

DSCN1892.jpg

Last edited:
Thats about what I have and most of it is shaded which is nice for the kids to play in our have a oicnic but not for growing things.

I'm beginning to wonder which is harder on my ole back and hips.
Working on the roof for my SIL and Daughter,
or picking blackberries.
I got out early this morning and picked for two hours. Got another 10 pounds and found another good spot that should be ready in three or four days.
I think I might try it one more time tomorrow morning. If I can get another 10 pounds that would give me enough to start a second 5 gallon batch.
My first is at 1.03 this evening.

Went to a wine and chocolate festival. Tasted probably 20 and came home with only 3 bottles. And a huge jar of garlic jalapeno mustard. That's the most special.

It was a small festival.

Looks awesome Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had s much property as you did but Im happy with what I do have. I got my National Brew day beer into keg today after replacing a radiator hose on my vehicle this morning that started leaking the night of the wine comp but i sleeved it as I sue wasnt going to pay for someone else to do the work but either just didnt have time or didnt want to go work in the rain as I dont have a garage. Its a good trick and always works well. Just save you old hoses or at least a few short lengths and slice it in half and slip it over the area where you are leaking and throw a few hose clamps on it preferably 3, one right over the hole and 1 on each side. It may not stop it completely but will slow it down drastically.

I read this post to my husband, he said he can see how this would work just never knew about it but he did say if it is a small hole add an egg to the radiatior that will plug it as well.

Way too much work, Wade. You should have shot some triple expanding foam into the hole. Guaranteed not to leak after that.

I dont think I would be able to squrt it into that area ven if I had known about that as it was on the underside of the hose in a tough area that I was barely able to sneak that split hose on but my long screwdriver was able to slip through all the belts and pulleys and trun the clamp screws. Thank God for that highly obnoxious screwdriver that barely fits in most toolboxes!

Dan, you have a beautiful piece of property and a wonderful looking wine cellar. Unfortunately where I live houses are pretty much only separated by a driveway and our back yard is on the smaller side. Nice thing about it is I do get along with all my neighbors, couldn't imagine if I didn't.

Today is our 12 year anniversary, going to do some stuff around the house, look at my daughters car and then my wife and I are heading to the Georgetowne on Mt Washington for dinner.

Back