What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Anniversary there ffemt! I am finally going to sweeten my blackberry wine which I keep procrastinating on and alsom do a f-pack for my peach wine. I also may rack last years grape wines.

Today is our 12 year anniversary, going to do some stuff around the house, look at my daughters car and then my wife and I are heading to the Georgetowne on Mt Washington for dinner.

Congrats on your anniversary !:b
This year we will be @# 41

Dan thats a beautiful spot you have there !!! Lots of room for your wine drinking friends to relax & have a drink .
I'm just going to relax & putter away at straighten up my dinningroom / scrapbooking / wine making room today . Think I'm going to sell some of my scrapbooking things in a yard sale to make room for wine making things lol . The guys are going golfing so it will be nice & quiet here . Marinading some really good porkchops in my Cran Apple Chardonnay for hubby & me they are sooooooo good that way .

ffemt128- HAPPY ANNY!!!!!! thats awsome!!!

i went shopping, spent WAY to much but i enjoyed the hell out of it LOL! having a wonderful weekend and am truly happy !!

Yes, happy aniversary ffemt128! Keep up the good work.
It takes a lot of work for the years to add up. Kind of like maintence on your car, if your negelect it, sooner or later it's going to stop.

I'm sitting here suffering again. Decided to take it easy so I went out berry picking again. I'm trying to hit the patches every two or three days to give them time to ripen up again. But today I found another patch just across the road from one I've been picking. If I hadn't run out of steam, I could have picked 50 pounds.
I wanted to get 10 pounds to have enough to start my second batch. Ended up with 15 pounds.
We got some rain this afternoon, so I expect the berries to really start to ripen now.

happy aniversary ffemt128 :h

am having a cuppa tea here and contemplating the washing pile..

washing is semi under control..

going to go do the grocery shopping on the bike.. any excuse to take her out for a ride!

:p

Planting flowers today for the missus. I dig, she plants and maintains. The flower beds look nice for being just a year old.

Getting the art gallery ready for an open gallery night tomorrow. I am donating a basket of wine for the silent auction and will be serving about 12 magnums of bulk stock. Should be a good networking night. Also, I'm fretting about the Winemakers mags judging results on the sherry style I submitted...waaah!

Say, guys! A basket of 6 bottles of wine ended up selling for $310...that's over $50 a bottle...I am convinced there is definitely a market here for organic fruit wines!

made cinnamon buns which turned out delicious ate two!thats mondays diet .lol going to rack chianti wine now.

I seen an ad on Craigslist for wine bottles, I am in desparate need of more wine bottles. So I see this add for wine bottles in Sarver, 2.50 a case. I give the guy a call and here he is only about a mile from my house. So Mike and I head over my plan is 8 cases. Well we started talking and he ends up giving me two extra cases, sweet deal but I do have to clean the labels off. Came home and backsweeten the elderberry and started another one gallon batch of Orange/Pineapple/Apple wine. Very busy evening.

Oh if anyone in the area is looking for wine bottles he still has a pile of them, pm me and I will give you his phone number.

I need to stop at Kavics this weekend and see if they accumulated any bottles. I'll pick up a bottle of Chardonay for my wife while I'm there. I need to see what my stock is like at the present time and determine immediate needs.

Today I'm just waiting to get out of work. Have committee meetings tonight so it will be a long evening. Not looking forward to it.

Placed an order for a merlot kit. Grand Cru with George.
Cut the lawn and found out my start date for work.

I started my WE Selection – Washington Columbia Valley Riesling today. Called George for a quick question that ended up in a 25 minute conversation. I was driving (hands free phone) so it made the journey go quick. George is an awesome guy! Picked up (2) gallon and (2) 1/2 gallon jugs and 4 bungs for less than $18.

Well today I added the yeast to my lime SP and the batch of white cranberry juice & apple juice . Hoping it will turn out something close to the cranapple kit I made twice & love but will have a bit of Pomegranate flavour to it since i used the slurry from my Pom. zinfandel . I keep saying I'm not going to do anymore right then then the next thing I know I'm throwing yeast in something .Had supper now I trying to decide if I should go for a walk .

am bottling cider.. and I just found a 2 plastic carboys of grapefruit wine under the table in the barn.. I really think I should get it in bottles.. it's been sitting there for 7 months!!

heheheh..

It's a worry when you can lose 6 gallons of wine....

Allie

Today I racked my Niagara to the secondary and started a batch of skeeter.

Feelin' accomplished :D

Worked on flower beds again today. At the moment making cranberry-orange chutney. Needs more orange, though. And fewer cranberry seeds.

Hey xanxer, those kits are a little thin IMO, if I were you Id add to that order a grape pack to add to it now that they are being sold separately and pretty cheap, it will up that kit big time!

Latest posts

Back