What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I nevr did get my wines bottled .I did the SP on Saturday because I had the wine on tap bag to put some of it in & bottled it .Oh a friend of our son's came over with a capper for sale for $20.00 so worked perfect because I wanted to put some of the SP in samll bottles .
Yesterday I planned on cleaning the bottles and doing the rest of the wine up but instead spent it at the hospital with our son again he had a fever of 104 F and his heart was racing so fast they put him on the heart monitor .It's not showing up on the Xrays but they are pretty sure he has pneunomia brewing again .They were going to keep him over night but it was like a zoo out at hospital yesterday and he ended up being in the hall , Ihave never seen it so crazy out there . Atleast hubby did the bottles up for me while I was out there so maybe today I will get them bottled .I still need to stablize my other wine .

Played some catch with my girl, shes gettin better all the time! made some cobbler (pot luck at work tomorrow) and made a pizza...was gonna order it but noooooo-oooooooo the girl child wanted mommys pizza!!! LOL! luv that kid!!

laying about sick. 2 days so far with sore throat, chills, etc. If this keeps up I'm going to have to quit eating out of other people's trash.

I degassed my blueberry wine last night.

Today my projects are to start a batch of niagara in the Primary and wash and sanitize all my green bottles because I can bottle a batch tonight.

I am SOOOO glad i pre-washed and took the labels off. It is going to make this wash cycle a breeze in comparison!

Woo hoo! Progress!

bottles.jpg

Nice job on the cleaning Daisy. :) I have almost 3 cases that I need to clean. The pinot grigio needs bottling.
Today I steaked out the vegetable garden. Bought a few staple plants (tomatoes, peppers lettuce). Started digging out the grass. Got too hot so I'm waiting for the sun to go down some. Then I had sushi for lunch with Kat.
I stabilized the barolo today. SG 0.995. Smells and tastes good.

Board meeting tonight, hopefully this won't take long. I need to start another wine because I have an empty carboy, can't have that.

trying to clear my scuppernong...tastes great, but it won't if I have to keep using various finings, I am sure. Stressing that I won't have enough wine to sponsor an open art gallery night next Friday for 100+ people. Want to get 'em tipsy so they buy a load of art!

I entered my local wine contest today with my brothers which will be held next week . Wade are you coming down for the contest.
carmine

Today I have to work then go get some water to mix up the 2 kits I bought last night. Our store is having a sale on Orchard breeze & Island mist kits right now buy 1 get one half price so I bought the 2 kits , labels ,& shrink tops for both and it came to $101.00 :r .

Will likely transfer my elderberry to the secondary today. Need to transfer to a 3 gallon carboy and 2 gallon jugs though. I'll be needing the 5 gallon carboys when my Chilean juice comes in next week. :h

darlene, thats a great deal!!! wish my shop ran specials like that !!!!

still getting used to my new hours...im off tomorrow so im sure ill like that!! tho ive got homework to do LOL dang algabra is kicking my booty all over the place....

Today I started Apple,Kiwi, Strawberry from concentrate. I got 22 cans from Aldi. Added sugar to 1.088 (3#'s) and Pectic and Benoite.
TA is .75%. What have you guys been getting from concentrate?

Last edited:
Can't help with the concentrate, Tom. Sorry.

Finally bottled the elderberry from last fall. Kept 8 bottles dry and sweetened the other 25. Decided not to oak any of it as I have too many projects and need to get some of them done. Will certainly do so in the future, though.

I am gathering up a binch of my wines to enter into the competition with Carmine there and will shoot them down tomorrow after work.

I am gathering up a binch of my wines to enter into the competition with Carmine there and will shoot them down tomorrow after work.

Wade pete is in a bad section don't be startled no one will bother you because your going to see pete. He like rules in that section of norwalk get a table with vin i have a table of 10. By the way what happen to vin he's been quite

carmine

I used to work In Bridgeport when Bridgeport was the worst city in CT. and it was basically 1 block away from the worst area period! Everytime I went to work or left from I had to find a different way home as those roads would be blocked off due to either a murder or some kind of crime! Really, Im not kidding!!!!!!!! Im enetering 16 different wines or meads or ports so im coming home with hopefully motre then 1! I have noidea what Vinny is up to, maybe he got lost in his wine room. he's way out of control, almost like Tom! Oh sorry there Tom! I think after he seen Tom's cellar he has been totally obsessed!

Latest posts

Back