What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the afternoon doing some cleaning in the basement and finally assembling the wine racks from Sam's Club that I got for Christmas. I will then probably be spending the evening taking all my bottles of wine out of the rubbermaid totes! :)

Whipping up a large batch of cinnamon rolls.

Damn, had to go look at the cinnamon jar to see hoe to spell it.

Bottles 30 gallons of wine; Pink Catawba, Traminette, and the following California wines, Gewurztraminer, riesling, liebfraumilch and chardonnay/peach-appricot. Then I ran out of corks or I could have kept going.

Went fishing this morn witn a guy I met on another forum for fishing and killed some White Perch. Dropped him off and hit a spot on the way home and got this sweety!

fish.jpg

I believe so, Ive never seen a smallmouth with that big of a mouth but its also a little small for a largemouth!

I back sweetened my Red Muscadine and Noble Muscadine to 1.006 yesterday. I also racked my Concord, 10 gallons of Catawba, 10 Gallons of Noble, 5 Gallons of Ruby Cabernet. Still need to rack my niagra and the other 10 gallons of Noble Muscadine. The Catawba will be quite tasty at 1.01.

currently starting a 3g batch of blueberry/pomegrante wine. OMG does this stuff smell good, I'm thinkin I should have started a bigger batch.

currently starting a 3g batch of blueberry/pomegrante wine. OMG does this stuff smell good, I'm thinkin I should have started a bigger batch.

Oooooh, that reminds me. Where did I put that carboy when I had do move it for the furnace installation. My batch of BlueBerry Pom has been in the carboy over a month now. Need to find it, rack and stabilize that today.

I'lll be checking the Peach wine SG this am at some point in time, I believe that will be ready for secondary. I started with right around 5 gallons of water as per a recipe that Tom posted and had 47 lbs of peaches. I'm kind of curious as to how much the peaches broke down and how much juice I'll end up with once they are done straining. The small taste I had last week there is a very mild peach flavor, nothing too over powering..

Racked my Loquat wine into secondary and airlocked it. Was some nasty looking stuff in the bucket, but is a nice yellow color since I strained it. Was a lot of work, don't know about this one, time will tell. Loren:slp

Got my basement finished. Starting to bring some wine to the WINE CELLAR". I figure arround 150 cases need to be moved. Here is a start.

SANY0303.jpg

SANY0307.jpg

SANY0309.jpg

SANY0310.jpg

Good lord,Tom, i don't know what's more impressive - all that wine or that mess of wires!!

Latest posts

Back