What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled 5 gallons of Stering Gold...a light blonde ale with a touch of citris

Dumped a 5 gallon batch of a Summer Citris Wheat. It didn't look right and it even tasted worse.:ts

Oh Well. Sometimes we can't control everything.

I just finished 1 bottle of my best......looked around and saw a few bottles of michelob ultra amber, grabed one......waiting on the grill to warm up to throw my t bone on. Its my first day off all week im gonna make it worth my while lol. Oh yeah i got george jones on pandora.:db:db:db:r

Celaning bottles in the basement, racked my apple that started refermenting to a 5 gallon carboy from the 3 and 2 1's. There was no sign of fermentation, no activity in the airlock and it has been over a month since I dumped it al back into a carboy. Added sorbate again, and also sparkoloid again to clarify. Still smells very spiced. Didn't taste, sure the etoh is higher now. Will make a batch of straight apple and blend to kill some of the clove and ginger taste.

I have about 15-20 cases of green bottles, about 5 cases of clear. Need to get more clear as I have about 45-50 gallons of white that will need bottled early next year.

Bottling my Orchard Breezin' Cherry Pinot Noir today! I've never tried this type of kit before, so I'm very curious as to how it's going to be! Also adding some fining agents to 3 of my other wines to speed up the clearing process. I went to a couple of family get-togethers this weekend, and my Raspberry Lime Skeeter was a huge hit!

Fished from 2 am till around 9am and then took the family out for a nice ride into the country and stopped at a cider mill and picked up a nice pie, some fresh pressed cider, a bunch of honey crisp apples and now chilling on my deck with a freshly opened bottle of last years Chardonnay from grapes. First bottle opened and its wonderful. I fermented it very cold with no oak and no malo. Caught a 37" Bluefish which weighed 14lbs which would have won me some good money last week during the bluefish contest!! :(

No you dont, believe me!!!! I may sneak out a lot but when Im home I dont get a free minute at all! All this fishing is just something to keep me sane!!!!!!

Fished from 2 am till around 9am and then took the family out for a nice ride into the country and stopped at a cider mill and picked up a nice pie, some fresh pressed cider, a bunch of honey crisp apples and now chilling on my deck with a freshly opened bottle of last years Chardonnay from grapes. First bottle opened and its wonderful. I fermented it very cold with no oak and no malo. Caught a 37" Bluefish which weighed 14lbs which would have won me some good money last week during the bluefish contest!! :(

You know, most people like their chardonnay oaked but I really think it taste better without oak. Nice to be able to just sit back, take a sip, and just say aaaah to the wine, the day and to life in general. While we all have our issues you just can't help but notice that life is a whole lot worst for a whole of other people.

Enjoy your night. :try

Started the day by going out for breakfast with my brother and sister in laws they where on their way out to my other brother in laws house so I sent a bottle of my Elderberry wine out for him to try and he called me a few minutes ago and told me that it was some of the best wine that I had ever made now I am sitting on top of the world because he is the one that got me started into wine making he has been doing it for years

Started the day by going out for breakfast with my brother and sister in laws they where on their way out to my other brother in laws house so I sent a bottle of my Elderberry wine out for him to try and he called me a few minutes ago and told me that it was some of the best wine that I had ever made now I am sitting on top of the world because he is the one that got me started into wine making he has been doing it for years

that is just awesome!

You know, most people like their chardonnay oaked but I really think it taste better without oak. Nice to be able to just sit back, take a sip, and just say aaaah to the wine, the day and to life in general. While we all have our issues you just can't help but notice that life is a whole lot worst for a whole of other people.

Enjoy your night. :try

I did not oak my Chilaean Chardonnay from May. I did recently backsweeten to .998 and feel it is quite good tasting now. It won't be bottled for another couple months unless I need the carboy.

I did not oak my Chilaean Chardonnay from May. I did recently backsweeten to .998 and feel it is quite good tasting now. It won't be bottled for another couple months unless I need the carboy.

do you think it is better this way? I really like a chardonnay that is not oaked even though there are wines that I think have to be oaked, such as blackberry.

Ive had Chard's both ways many times and always find it better without oak. I like my whites nice and crisp. My wife was on the phone all day since we came home so I snuck into the kitchen and cooked the fish I caught the other day. I finally tried some bluefish tonight. I soaked it in milk for like 3 days now and then cooked it the same as the striped bass and IMO the bluefish was even better! Most likely because it was soaked in milk that way but either way thats great because I can catch a lot of Blues!!! Striped Bass on the other hand is very tricky especially this season as the bait fish just isnt showing up here!

do you think it is better this way? I really like a chardonnay that is not oaked even though there are wines that I think have to be oaked, such as blackberry.

Well based on the Chards I've tasted, I like it un-oaked better. Of course, we're not the "Dry" whites type either. I think the semi-dry is better and I'm sure it will progress with age. I thought about oaking part but think I'll hold off.

Well based on the Chards I've tasted, I like it un-oaked better. Of course, we're not the "Dry" whites type either. I think the semi-dry is better and I'm sure it will progress with age. I thought about oaking part but think I'll hold off.

I'm not the "Dry" type either, I think that is a good idea to hold off

ewwwww you oak blackberry???

well went and got a good load today got 36 gallon jugs and 6 half gallon for $25 not a bad deal and they are all the kind that will take regular screwtop lids

Latest posts

Back