What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i have yet to make it there as i figure it is about a 6hr drive from me. They do have sat hours so i think ill make a weekend of it and drive up on a fri eve and stay a hotel and then go sat morning, are there any nice wineries or other activities you can recommend around the area? We have a newborn so nothing to wild. but were always up to checking out wineries and such.

Yeah i have yet to make it there as i figure it is about a 6hr drive from me. They do have sat hours so i think ill make a weekend of it and drive up on a fri eve and stay a hotel and then go sat morning, are there any nice wineries or other activities you can recommend around the area? We have a newborn so nothing to wild. but were always up to checking out wineries and such.

There are wineries all over the place up that way. When were you planning on going? I think there is a handful of going up at the end of June to pick cherries.

I only use the better bottles, with the pets and now with the newborn i just don't want the risk of broken glass.

End of june might work, no date set yet. Where are they going to pick cherries?

I'm hoping to bottle my Skeeter Tea & 3 gal batch of Peach after work today. Maybe backsweeten my blueberry/pom if there is time. I have to work a short day tomorrow but we will have tons of people over to see the baby this weekend so no wine time.

Walkers has 5 gallon carboys for 15.00 if you are buying there juice.

Walkers is $30.00 for Glass Carboys. Better Bottles are $15.00. Doug you can get Better Bottles also at Bella's which is about 2 1/2 hours closer for you for about $20.00. I you have a lot of glass better bottles are not bad to have around.

Racking my Dandelion-Honey/Date for the 3rd time into a secondary, this time it went a lot smoother than the first couple o'times, and putting my Blueberry/Pomegranite into my secondary

attachment.php

100_0541.jpg

I have my "clean out the freezer" berry mixture fermenting away... I just love the smell of early fermentation... Yummy!!

I can almost smell that dandy/honey wine!!

Debbie

Hey Sly before you make a 6 hour trip to go to Walkers check their web site to see what they have available. I lot of juice is sold out. The cherries Julie is talking about is right at walkers after they pick all they want. There are a few wineries within 10 minutes of Walkers. When you stay on rt 20 and head back into PA (about 30 minutes) you will run into a several wineries in NY and then a bunch more as you enter PA, including Presque Isle Wine Cellars. As far as the family enjoyment Look into Presque Isle state park which is the most visited state park in PA and also Splash Lagoon (both in Erie) which is the biggest indoor water park in the part of the country.

As far as Walker's go bring primary buckets for bulk juice that is available. Some juice is only available in their 5 gallon pails and you end up paying an extra $15.00 for that pail.

Walkers is $30.00 for Glass Carboys. Better Bottles are $15.00. Doug you can get Better Bottles also at Bella's which is about 2 1/2 hours closer for you for about $20.00. I you have a lot of glass better bottles are not bad to have around.

I agree, I do have 2 better bottles now and I'm sure at some time I'll pick up a few more. I would like to build up the glass supply a bit first. If I could get 3 more I think I could be happy with that number for now.

I transferred my Pinot Grigio to a carboy this am. All the Chilean juice is now in glass. I'll wait til about fathers day weekend then rack off the lees that settled out.

After the 4 y/o is done eating her breakfast, it's a Dad and Daughter day of fishing. We're heading out to Raccoon State Park or Cross Creek Park for a couple hours. Should be a fun time.

Locking and loading for the zombie apocalypse...but more importantly, crushing Chilean Carmenere today!!

Great memories you're building... people don't understand... it's not the amount of MONEY you spend on your kids that they remember... it's the TIME!!

Have fun!

I got up early and finished planting the garden, bedding flowers, weeded and now I need to eat and drink something!!

Debbie

Hey Runningwolf thanks for the heads up, i will def check there website and see whats available before i run up, also glad you said something about the primaries i wouldve never thought about that.

We went to Raccoon. We swung on the swings, fished for about an hour and a half, played in the water and on the little sand beach they have then we rented a canoe for an hour. All in all, we spent almost 5 hours there. It was a great time. Rain tomorrow, booo hoooo.

Fished all day today and only caught 2 Bass and 3 Sunnies!!! I threw everything at them and they just werent hitting today! Got a nice tan though and 1000 mosquito bites!!!

That is a new side to Wade I haven't seen before! I used to fish a lot when I was younger. It is a great way to spend some time with kids that otherwise don't understand dear old Dad.

Back