What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those were 13" trout and that turtle is the size of a garbage can lid! All it left me was the lips of one fish!!

Last edited:
He was thrilled to find dinner waiting at the bank for him!! Nice of you to feed him!

Debbie

I will feed him next time also and from now on but it wont be trout!!! I hope he likes Sunnies!!

Wade thats amazing. I usually get one of those snappers about the size of a basketball in my garden each year. Just poking it with a shovel handle I realize the damage potential they have.

So Wade why didn't you clean and eat the turtle then you still would have gotten the fish you caught

Hitchin' up the 5th wheel and going camping for the weekend. With the rain we've been having, I hope it floats.

Barkcamp State Park (Ohio). On route 70 between Wheeling and Cambridge.

TGIF for me! Our oldest daughter (our film editor) is flying in from LA for a long visit as she is between shows at the moment. Don't get to see her that much these days so looking forward to spending some quality time together. :db

Sounds like lots of you have quality weekends planned with the family. I hope to finish planting the garden.

Debbie

Rinsed the bottles that were soaking in the stationary tub and filled it with a new batch so I can remove the labels. I need to get an inventory of my empties so I know what to collect over the next few months.

Rinsed the bottles that were soaking in the stationary tub and filled it with a new batch so I can remove the labels. I need to get an inventory of my empties so I know what to collect over the next few months.

That sounds like a good idea, I should do that as well but I won't. I'll wait until I am down pretty low and call Dan and say "I need bottles!" and he will say "How many cases do you need, 20?" and I will say "No, just 10 will do." and he will say "Wimp."

That sounds like a good idea, I should do that as well but I won't. I'll wait until I am down pretty low and call Dan and say "I need bottles!" and he will say "How many cases do you need, 20?" and I will say "No, just 10 will do." and he will say "Wimp."

Must be nice to have someone to supply you cleaned bottles. Wonder if I can send my empties to him and have them come back cleaned and full of fresh wine. :db

I try to keep ahead of the back log. I have bottles just sitting downstairs in rubbermaid containers that I need to look through.

I racked off my Skeeter Pee today into a carboy. It was down to just above 1.000 so it was due. Put it into my 7 gallon carboy for now since there was about 6.75 gallons.

Last edited:
Think I will start pulling bottles together for my MM AJ Petite Syrah with a CC Syrah Grape Pack. Its about time to start thinking about bottling this guy. :sm

Must be nice to have someone to supply you cleaned bottles. Wonder if I can send my empties to him and have them come back cleaned and full of fresh wine. :db

I try to keep ahead of the back log. I have bottles just sitting downstairs in rubbermaid containers that I need to look through.

I racked off my Skeeter Pee today into a carboy. It was down to just above 1.000 so it was due. Put it into my 7 gallon carboy for now since there was about 6.75 gallons.

Oh they are not cleaned, he has a winery he runs to and gets them for $2 a case.

Contemplating getting 3 more 5 gallon carboys next week. I don't need them right now but that would allow me to have my Chilean juices age more then 4 months prior to bottling. As it stands now I have 1 - 7 gallon, 2 - 6 gallon, 3 - 3 gallon, 2 - 5 gallon better bottles, and 7 - 5 gallon glass.

Last year I made 3 batches of elderberry and will likely made the same this year again, those batches went to bottle after 3-4 months usually and were not all made at the same time. I will likely be making another batch of strawberry this year as well as soon as I can find a deal on berries.

I'll keep checking craigs list and other sources for carboys, just think I need to bite the bullet and buy 3 new ones. Still waiting to hear from Runningwolf if he's still able to get the deal he previously mentioned. If that would come to fruition, I would look to get 6.

Back