What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting set up to bottle 6 gal of dandelion wine from last season, making a batch of "clean out the freezer" wine... raspberry, blueberry, a little currant, and some white grape/rasp concentrate from Aldi's. Should be an interesing mix. With enough sugar, my daughters will drink it, if nothing else. My youngest turns 21 in 9 days!!!

Debbie

Just finished my last racking of my Raspberry Chocolate Port, (with a taste test). Taste test of the White Zin and taste test of the Skittle wine. I approve of all and we will bottle the White Zin in June. Time to go cut the grass!

Yesterday I made a trip to Maryland Homebrew for more EZ cap bottles. My friend Wes cam over to bottle his Lawnmower Saison and we got my Honey Nut Brown Ale bottled too. Also did some yard work. Covering the big patch of brambly junk with fabric and mulch. I'll need to get another truckload of mulch and a couple more rolls of landscaping fabric to finish to job right. It is looking better though.
Waiting for the hops to arrive so I can get them growing.
Mulberries are starting to form on the bush I had to prune severely. It's fuller now and more berries than last year are on it. Cant wait to start harvesting them for mulberry wine again.

Had our new baby girl this past weekend. Aubrie Mae Von Gehr Born May 13th 12:47pm. Now i need to get my little bottles filled and labels made so i can hand them out!!! Not sure when im gona find time for that!

Yes absolutely congrats to mom and dad ! I wonder do they make baby bottles that look like wine bottles?

Congrats on the new baby.

Today my 4 y/o daughter and I got up and went to Canonsburg Dam to go fishing. It was her first time and she had an absolute blast. She was casting and playing with the worms. We didn't catch anything but we did have a good time. After that we went and met my wife at work and the 3 of us went to Red Robin. First time I have eaten there. Excellent burgers. We came home and Andrea and I transferred the Cab Sav and the Chianti into carboys. They were both below 1.00. The 4 buckets of whites were all around 1.030 still as of yesterday. I'll probably transfer those later this week. Not looking forward to going to work tomorrow.

Tonight we will be having leftovers from the party yesterday for our anniversary dinner.

Babies and Anniversaries.... so warm and fuzzy here!!

Congrats to all.

How big was the baby??

Debbie

Thanks to all. She is 7lbs 1.1oz, 20.25" long
acd261d65150960f88e2f796029d8f8c_1514.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats all! Me, I took my dog to get his Bear claws ground down and then went fishing. Caught 2 trout, had them on the stringer only to loose them as when I was done fishing one of the fish was gone and hers what I found!

turtle 1.JPG

turtle 2.JPG

turtle 3.JPG

Back