What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich, my son comes with me on Saturdays and the past few Saturdays he has caught the bigger Trout. Today neither of usn caught Trout, come to think of it he didnt catch anything today. No wonder he bailed on me early like I shoul have but I was stubborn and fished all day just waiting for that one fish that never stayed on!! One place we drove for 45 minutes to get to only to take one c ast with outr 3 poles into a pollen covered pond. I spent an hour trying to get it all off our lines as it just stuck to the lines and we couldnt evenreel them in. I had to drag each line in by hand and pluck it all off and it didnt want to come off for anything. The last line I made it about 1/2 way and gave up and cut the dang line!!!!!!

Hey Runningwolf thanks for the heads up, i will def check there website and see whats available before i run up, also glad you said something about the primaries i wouldve never thought about that.

Just remember you have to plug the airlock hole. My trunk lid won't close with an airlock in the pail but I did find one place that sold corks small enough to fit the hole.
I didn't know you could get them any other way but in the plastic jugs!!

Debbie

Debbie many people back in with a truck full os carboys all plced in milk crates for protection. I take my primaries and always get 7 gallons so I have plenty for topping up. Some folks take 55 gallon drums. In your case where you may not be back home for a few days you might be better off with their pails. If you go on your way back home (not sure how long it is but probably 12 hours or so) and are using primaries, i would add your k-meta as they fill your pail. By the next morning the wine will be warmed up tp temp and you could throw your yeast.

Another day at home with my daughter. Wife is going to the hospital to see her mother. She should be getting discharged today. Looking like rain. Might go pick up a new grill today. Been needing one for a while. After that weather depending, we may go for a walk along the creek and see what kind of wildlife we can scare up. (checking on some mullberry bushes also).

Dan,

So what do they keep the juice in that they can just fill your carboys? I just assumed that during the fruit season, it is all juiced and packed in individual 5 gal jugs, then stored for sale!! I would have to get them packed that way to make the trip back home!

Debbie

They have a warehouse full of huge tanks kept very cold. When you go there all you'll see is a wall with about 50 hose bibs that go to the respective tank.

I still need to make a trip up there. I think it could be interesting. Does anyone have an idea what they charge for shipping? I believe Wade has ordered from them and had it shipped. Depending on what I was getting (how much) it may be cheaper for shipping than to drive up there.

Last edited:
Dan, don't forget to tell them that Walkers is only open to walkin customers for about 2 months in the fall.

Dan, don't forget to tell them that Walkers is only open to walkin customers for about 2 months in the fall.

Rod, Walkers is open all year for walkin except for about 3 months in the summer. They do go from 6 days a week to just a few hours on Saturday though. Rod is right that the 6 day walkin is only for a few months though.

Just got back from Lowes. Picked up a new gas grill for the patio. Grabbed the CharBroil Commercial Infrared 3 burner. Looks like a very solid grill. Now I have to put it together. Oh the joy. I knew I should have taken the truck and got one pre assembled.

Might be time to crack open a bottle of Pee. I know I'm not going riding since my daughter is home with me. Looking forward to grilled pork chops this evening.

If I leave now... I can get there by midnight... can you hold off on the pork chops??

Debbie

Since the world didn't end yesterday I will continue with prep for bottling the Petite Syrah. Need to rack once more, filter with the whole house filter, test sulfite levels.....

I know I have a lot of things I was putting off until I knew for sure the world didn't end!! I had to finish planting the garden... kill some weeds... wash clothes and hang them out...

Debbie

I know I have a lot of things I was putting off until I knew for sure the world didn't end!! I had to finish planting the garden... kill some weeds... wash clothes and hang them out...

Debbie

How you going to do all that and get to Dougs place in time for chops

I did it earlier... I'm in the car trying to outrun the storms now!! Bad ones here...

Debbie

I did it earlier... I'm in the car trying to outrun the storms now!! Bad ones here...

Debbie

Chops were excellent. They were marinated for 3 hours in a vidalia onion vinegrette then lightly dusted with montreal chicken seasoning. Served them with mashed potatoes and steamed couliflower and broccoli.

Having a tall glass of pee now since the 4 y/o didn't take a nap, figured there was no chance of getting out on the bike since we'll be getting her ready for bed early. Almost time for a pee refill. The initial glass took almost a whole bottle with lots of ice. Quite refreshing sitting on the porch.

I'm risking my life to get there for those chops... and you ate without me??

Geez......

Debbie

Just got back from fishing again and took home dinner tonight (2-16" Rainbows and a 13" Brook Trout). Its been raining on and off for the last 7 days here and Im really tired of it. They said that today would be nice but gain I needed my rain gear while fishing. Cut the lawn yesterday while it was not raining for a few hours as mylawn was really getting out of control with all this rain.

Latest posts

Back