What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next to Phantom of the Opera, the Lion King was one of my favorites. I loved the music and especially the way they designed the characters. But, it's not for everyone. What didn't you like about it?

I will be busy talking to the insurance company and talking to the glass guys getting an estimate onmy windshield. I had some kid driving towards me on a back country road throw a pop bottle out his sunroof at my new truck and it broke the windshield. Tried chasing the kid but to much open road by the time got turned around he was to far away.
On a side note, I will be going to my boss' (the winemaker) house tonight for a fun night of "tasting" and hanging out. Should be a good night.

Man, Would love to run into a kid like that in a dark back alley!!!!!!!! Well, replacing the brokn sway bar was fun thats for sure. Both the link bolts broke right off so Im very glad I dont play around and I bought all new everything when I purchased the sway bar just because I know my luck!!! All in all it took about 2.75 hours and a few pain killers! Going to the dump now to throw that out and then to the hardware store to find barbed ends for the water filter housings so I can finish pricing and get these for sale and use as Im going to keep 1 for myself and sell the one from Valley Vintner if I can. Its basically the same thing but I want the mounting bracket for mine so I can mount this unit on the wall out of the way f everything to keep the clutter down in my small room. Maybe once I get the one from Valley Vintner in I can locate a bracket for it if it accepts one. I will sell the Valley Vinten 1 for the same price as Im selling mine which I will be losing money on but thats the way the cookie crumbles! See ya in a bit!

Wade I am not sure how you this bracket works but with my canister I use I need to hold it over a bucket when I take it apart to prevent spilling the wine inside. The enolmatic has a heavy ring like contraption you set the canister down into.

I know exactly what you are talking about as I have 2 water filters. I will be mounting this low and will be using a stand off block to keep the canister further off the wall so I can easily sit a bucket underneath it to catch any OOOOpsies. Im pretty good at it though as I have my 2 water filters mounted in my wine cellar over all my wine glasses sitting on a shelf. I will probably take 2 of these units and replace the existing water filters I have as those are garbage and very very hard to get the bottom canister off and they down even have wall brackets which over the years of struggling to get these off Ive created small leaks that develope every time I change the filters and then seal themselves back up after about 1-2 weeks.

Spent the day with Tristen while Kat was at her chemistry class.
Bought a book The Backyard Homestead. Has lots of good information in it.
Can't wait to have my own land. Right now I have my little patch at the in laws place. They loved the veggies I grew last year.

Wade take a look at this water filter. I installed one this past Fall as I got tired of trying to get those dang gaskets to seal on the overhead filters. Plus the filter I was buying cost about $30.00 so over several years this will pay for itself. Once you hook it up you walk away from it and forget about it. No filters to ever change. It made a big difference in our water quality. Just FYI.

IMO not very good filtration. With all the stuff making its way into water supplies around the world I want something a little better. Looks like it has the same problem as mine with the connections except I guess you dont have to change them?? Doesnt really describe how it works though, please inform me!

I lost a carboy today. My stationary tub is furthest from the hot water heater. I had a carboy in the tub and was rinsing a couple bottles. I turned on the hot water then not more than 10 seconds later I turned on the cold and heard a loud pop. Washing machine was running a Hot load and the 45-50 degree carboy sitting in the tub cracked around the base. It was one of the older ones I had so who knows what abuse it went through in the past. Just a shame, now I really need to get a few more.

This is why I say do not put carboys under temp change differentials like this. Its just like a windshield only much much easier to crack under these conditions! Hehehe, forgot to log out and then log in under my username!

:)
I lost a carboy today. My stationary tub is furthest from the hot water heater. I had a carboy in the tub and was rinsing a couple bottles. I turned on the hot water then not more than 10 seconds later I turned on the cold and heard a loud pop. Washing machine was running a Hot load and the 45-50 degree carboy sitting in the tub cracked around the base. It was one of the older ones I had so who knows what abuse it went through in the past. Just a shame, now I really need to get a few more.

Wow, I feel your pain Doug.

This is why I say do not put carboys under temp change differentials like this. Its just like a windshield only much much easier to crack under these conditions! Hehehe, forgot to log out and then log in under my username!

Are you a spammer!!!!!! I'm thinkin we might have to ban you, :)

sorry to hear about the carboy thank goodness it wasn't full like mine

I try not to, it usually takes a minute or so for the water at the stationary tub to warm up and I once I start feeling warm I open the cold so that I can use warm water. My mistake came from not realizing the washer was running. The water litterally didn't even run for 10 seconds before the loud crack. On the bright side (if there is one) the carboy was a whole lot lighter without the bottom.

Latest posts

Back