What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad. Let us know how you like that enolmatic. As I was telling Wade, I avoid bottling like the plaque. Maybe I wouldn't if I had a decent bottling system.

I meant I just set it up for this time. I've had it for quiet a while now and love it. Filter and bottle in one step. I don't mind bottling at all but its best if you can have someone else corking as you're bottling.

pineapple orange banana wine

Didn't know where to stick this question, didnt really want to create a new thread/topic. My pineapple orange banana wine was made from dole's frozen concentrate. Starting s.g. was 1.105, fermentation has been going on steady for bout 9 days but has now stopped at 1.010. Smell, taste, color all looks good so far. Should i kick start again with a little yeast? Does .010 make that much difference a few months down the road? Is it ok for it to stop at this point? :a1

First off I don't know what yeast you used and it's alcoholic tolerances. I myself would airate it a bit and add a teaspoon of superferment and see what happens. I also would snap on a lid with an airlock to help protect it. You can then rack it and even if it is still fermenting minutely all you will end up with is a little extra CO2 to degass when you rack off the sedimant after it clears.

I used Lalvin d-47 and did a yeast starter. Already had a airlock on it, will go ahead and pitch a little lalvin ec-1118. Will airate using my drill and see what happens. Thanku.

Dude,

Why are you in a hotel room when your only 80 miles away from home? That would be an easy morning commute for us. I would head for my own bed in a heartbeat and head back the next AM. :>

Two of us come here at least once each month for a week to test at Time Warner. Sme testing can only be done on-site. It's about 90 miles one way.

They like us to start by about 7:45, so I would be commuting right in the heart of morning traffic. It would take me about 3 hours to make the trip, rather than non-prime time of 1.5 hours.

One problem is that I am at a site between Denver and Boulder. The two cities are only about 16 miles apart, but because the freeway ends in (dumps into) downtown Boulder, every time a traffic light changes in Boulder, it backs up all the way to Denver. It makes it slow going.

You don't have a long commute there in N.M. do you, Mike? I figure you live close to work.

I used Lalvin d-47 and did a yeast starter. Already had a airlock on it, will go ahead and pitch a little lalvin ec-1118. Will airate using my drill and see what happens. Thanku.

Get the temperature up to about 75F. Stir the must really well. Sometimes the yeast just need warmed up and stirred back into suspension.

Just got home from work. Long week. Teleconferences with the State.. report entered to the Feds, several investigations going on, meetings with a lawyer and lots and lots of paperwork. I'm more than ready for a 3 day weekend. A shame I have no new fermenting projects to start. I do have a couple of computers to fix one for my soon to be mother in law and another for a lady I work with.
I also have a Cab Sauv bubbling away in primary. No new wine equipment until I book the honeymoon. Should happen on pay day next week. We're looking at a nice little cabin in the mountains. Been trying to decide where and how much we can aford.

Today was a blast. My wife was in the hospital for the last few days so I had to miss a few hours each day to get the kids on the bus for school and then go to work and then leave early to get them back off the bus. Today however I did the same but 45 minutes after getting to work the school nurse called me saying my son was sick so I spent more in gas then I made working. Then later I had to go back to get my paycheck as things are very tight here but the checks werent in this morning to just grab it and go home. On the way home I heard a nice clunk, stopped,looked under, broken front sway bar!! Stopped at the parts place and oredered a new one and that will be in tomorrow morn. From there it is finally time to pick up the wife as they are releasing her a day ahead of sched. This hospital is an hour each way away as the doctor she uses which is one of only a few under workmans comp coverage only operates in a few places, she has a prcatice very close to us but doesnt do surgeries like this anywhere close. On the way home its time to get the prescriptions as the hospital canty fill them. Stop at CVS as thats the only place that her comp place uses and they dont have these prescriptions here and the only store that has any of this on hand is 45 minutes away from my house. At least it wasnt in the same direction as where we came from or Id really be pissed off! Finally home now. She had a bone removed from her neck and a few nerve endings burned off but so far its way better the the knee surgeries she's gone through! She's up and walking around ok at least!

Good luck! It sounds like you've had a busy day. And many more to come.

I think the stars were crossed today. Hope she gets better soon and things go a bit more smoothly. Things were similar here today but not as bad. Things just didn't go smoothly- everything took a bit of effort. The worst was the Dept of Motor Vehicles, trying to get a truck re-registered. It took three calls to the insurance company and two trips to the DMV. They just didn't want to accept that I am who I claim to be!

OMG Wade well you're all home now and I think you otta stay there before something else happens. Here's wishing a speedy recovery for your wife and i hope your parts come in tomorrow.

Today was a blast. My wife was in the hospital for the last few days so I had to miss a few hours each day to get the kids on the bus for school and then go to work and then leave early to get them back off the bus. Today however I did the same but 45 minutes after getting to work the school nurse called me saying my son was sick so I spent more in gas then I made working. Then later I had to go back to get my paycheck as things are very tight here but the checks werent in this morning to just grab it and go home. On the way home I heard a nice clunk, stopped,looked under, broken front sway bar!! Stopped at the parts place and oredered a new one and that will be in tomorrow morn. From there it is finally time to pick up the wife as they are releasing her a day ahead of sched. This hospital is an hour each way away as the doctor she uses which is one of only a few under workmans comp coverage only operates in a few places, she has a prcatice very close to us but doesnt do surgeries like this anywhere close. On the way home its time to get the prescriptions as the hospital canty fill them. Stop at CVS as thats the only place that her comp place uses and they dont have these prescriptions here and the only store that has any of this on hand is 45 minutes away from my house. At least it wasnt in the same direction as where we came from or Id really be pissed off! Finally home now. She had a bone removed from her neck and a few nerve endings burned off but so far its way better the the knee surgeries she's gone through! She's up and walking around ok at least!

What a mouthfull!
Now give her a glass or 2 of Wine and you a few homebrews

Today I'm:
Making creme brulee for dessert tonight
racking my chianti
starting skeeter pee using the chianti slurry
then driving to RI for a golf expo with my 7yo daughter
then a friends for their 2yo bday party
eating creme brulee with one of Wade's wines :D

She's actually doing very well so thanks everyone! Rich, was this the Ford Ranger you were trying to re-register? Well, Im off to go get the part and it figures it was all nice and warm yesterday and the day before but of coarse as soon as I have to do some work outside it has to drop down to 30* with 50 mile an hour winds!!!!!!! Arggggg
Rob, do you use one of those cool little blow torches for the Creme, Brulee? I think the White Chocolate Port tastes very similar to Creme Brulee more then White Chocolate.

Latest posts

Back