What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, was just teasing my dog while playing with my sons RC Helicopter in the house (Those small Airhogs) These things are freaking great for $20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may have to go back and get a few more and have some wars in the house. Could probably make a drinking game out of it.

well today I bottled my Aust Shiraz... needed my 5 gal carboy. Racked my SP to it and put the leftovers in a couple of 1/2 gal jugs one to add blueberry syrup to and the other to clear the leftovers from the bottom of the carboy it was in. It smells really good so I am looking forward to testing with the blueberry... :b

Oh man, was just teasing my dog while playing with my sons RC Helicopter in the house (Those small Airhogs) These things are freaking great for $20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may have to go back and get a few more and have some wars in the house. Could probably make a drinking game out of it.

There is a lot of Air HOg models: Havoc Heli, Havoc Stinger, Vectron Wave, Nano Zero Gravity. Which one you using Wade? I might have to get one.

Right now I am watching it snow. It usually only takes me 10 or 15 min to get to work but today it took about 40 minutes. I woke up to 5 or 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground at 6am and it's been coming down steadily since then. Nice fall we are having. :sn

Same I normal work from 2-8 am but had the day off and went out around 7 to do some wash and was like holy crap could not see my car lol.

Spent all weekend working on a project for work, still working on it as I will most of the week. Going to be a long week and looking forward to Friday when everthing is due.

Other than work I went to look at puppies Saturday, Getting a husky for our 18 y/o.

well blended 2 wines today gonna let them kinda sit for about a week to knida get used to one another it's a mixture or noble muscadine and a 3 grape mixture of(Cabernet Sauvignon,Chambourcin,and Petit Verdot) the 3 grape mixture is good on it's own but mixed with this it is really nice. they both surprised me on how clear they have gotten so quickly.

Well I guess it's tame to start a batch of wine. There's not much else to do since it's only 8 degrees here in Cincinnati this morning and more :sn on the way.

Wade, I'm pretty good at wine making but not so on the computer! I can quick reply, but how do I post a new thread or ?? on this site. It must be simple. Help, Roy

FTC I am not Wade but I might be able to help. If you want to start a new thread just go to the topic where you want to start it and then you will see a new thread button on the left near the top. If you want to post a question there is a button in the same postion inside the thread and also at the bottom of the thread. Hope this is the answer you were looking for. By the way the buttons are blue.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian, I have only been to "new posts" & "unanswered threads" so I only saw the reply to thread or quick reply. Now that I know how to ask a question I'll go tend to my Raspberry SP Roy

Nice.. Glad I could help!

Getting things ready to bottle 5 gallons of Strawberry, thinking about adding some of the Bacardi frozen Daquari mix. Just thinking, will know when I do a small sample. Bottled 5 gallon of Black Currant and 5 gallon of Cranberry yesterday. Almost forgot, also did 2 gallon of Pineapple yesterday. Gonna did to take a day off tomorrow. Loren

Getting things ready to bottle 5 gallons of Strawberry, thinking about adding some of the Bacardi frozen Daquari mix. Just thinking, will know when I do a small sample. Bottled 5 gallon of Black Currant and 5 gallon of Cranberry yesterday. Almost forgot, also did 2 gallon of Pineapple yesterday. Gonna did to take a day off tomorrow. Loren

with no pics it didn't happen! We like pictures!!!!

Racked over my 6 gallon batch of peach wine and tasted it wow think im gona leave this one dry, it tastes amazing. (this batch from frozen peaches) sg @ .991 today. now to let it clear & bulk age, probly bottle bout may. Racked my 3 gallon batch of Peach (from cans) Tasted really good too. It has a much more vibrant color also. This batch i think i will Sweeten. Sg was at .991 also today. both started @ 1.08-1.09. Back in the begin of Nov.

My Skeeter Tea & Pee are both coming along nicely probly Rack them right before xmas. Really need to get another batch of Apfelwein going though it will probly have to wait till the new year. Working Retail really cuts into my wine making time!

Bottled 3-gallon batch of Muscadine Port(style). First time I've done a port-style wine, think it will be pretty good -- but it obviously needs some time in the bottle first(!)

Also bottled a small batch of Blueberry, very tasty.

Starting a batch of white zin while doing my best to drain a bottle of soft sweet white.

Got home about one thirty last night I drove about twenty six miles in just rain then it turned over to snow for the last ten miles when I got up this morning we got put into a full blown blizzard no travel recommended for my area

Got home from work 9 hours of flow and I'm sore its about beer o'clock I'm thinking picked up a 6 pack of guinness. :b

Latest posts

Back